Got My Personal Training Cert

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Well at my regular job I've been working 70-80 hour weeks. This will go on for another 6-8 months. 12 hour days and a rotation of 13 days on 1 day off for fatigue day. I manage to still get all my training in. (Bodybuilding 5 days a week)
But no cardio. Staying away from powerlifting a while because I just dont have time to recover from the big 3 right now. Work is very physical. Since no cardio. and I still wanna stay lean, my coach and I made the decision to put me on a keto diet .1 day a week refeeds.

Anywho the purpose of the thread. I studied for 5 months to get my national academy of sports medicine certified personal training certification. One of the most accredited ones you can get. I have an interview at anytime fitness today for a part time gig. No desk time just training people when I can fit it in. Not doing it for the money. I just wanna make a difference in someones life who wants to improve their health or physique. I'm really excited about this and plan to continue my fitness education. Was looking at a starting strength cert down the line to maybe become a strength coach. I'll have to learn more about their system though. I'm not sure everything mark riptoe says is absolute gold but could be good to know.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
NASM is a good one.

Congratulations on your accomplishment, and for wanting to make a real difference in other's lives.

I have no doubt you'll excel at the task.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Congratulations dude you can train me for free if you like. Long distance

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
NASM is a good one.

Congratulations on your accomplishment, and for wanting to make a real difference in other's lives.

I have no doubt you'll excel at the task.

Thanks man :). I was looking over nasms fundamentals and thought it was a good fit for me.
That's really noble man. Need more people in the world that care about others.

I'll be getting paid but no even close to what I make at my regular job. For me this is a form of outreach doing something I'm passionate about.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I just wing it

I am a firm believer in programs. Which work for me. Others have said they do what they know they need to. But I've had the most progress following a program from start to finish.
If you're ever looking for ideas with your routines just pm me :).

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Well at my regular job I've been working 70-80 hour weeks. This will go on for another 6-8 months. 12 hour days and a rotation of 13 days on 1 day off for fatigue day. I manage to still get all my training in. (Bodybuilding 5 days a week)
But no cardio. Staying away from powerlifting a while because I just dont have time to recover from the big 3 right now. Work is very physical. Since no cardio. and I still wanna stay lean, my coach and I made the decision to put me on a keto diet .1 day a week refeeds.

Anywho the purpose of the thread. I studied for 5 months to get my national academy of sports medicine certified personal training certification. One of the most accredited ones you can get. I have an interview at anytime fitness today for a part time gig. No desk time just training people when I can fit it in. Not doing it for the money. I just wanna make a difference in someones life who wants to improve their health or physique. I'm really excited about this and plan to continue my fitness education. Was looking at a starting strength cert down the line to maybe become a strength coach. I'll have to learn more about their system though. I'm not sure everything mark riptoe says is absolute gold but could be good to know.

Good work, Silver! How many hour part time will you be training people?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
4 sets of 10-12. What else is there to know? J/K....congrats!

Also, buy some condoms in bulk. Forget if you are married or not, but a personal trainer who is single can spend just as many hours screwing as they do training.

Last edited:

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Congrats Sil, Way to go.

I have 2 lower level certs., personal training and sports nutrition but im currently studying for the ACE certification. I did the CPR/AED cert 2 weeks ago.
The ACE is more than I expected but i'll get it done.

Congrats again, with that schedule I know it wasnt easy.

Torres

Reaction score
Good for you bro!!
I too am going for the Personal Training Certification from NASM.
Will be taking my test in March.
Lets Get It !!!

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Good work, Silver! How many hour part time will you be training people?
I'm thinking with my 70 -80 hr weeks at work I could afford maybe 5 sessions a week lol. Ain't shit but time just isnt there for more then maybe 1 client a week lol. Wel see
4 sets of 10-12. What else is there to know? J/K....congrats!

Also, buy some condoms in bulk. Forget if you are married or not, but a personal trainer who is single can spend just as many hours screwing as they do training.
I know this is a crazy factor especially since the manager and other trainers there are all female and hot.. lol
Good for you bro!!
I too am going for the Personal Training Certification from NASM.
Will be taking my test in March.
Lets Get It !!!
Goodluck man! Opt model, under active over active muscles. Assessments most important! I passed my test last Friday.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Congrats Sil, Way to go.

I have 2 lower level certs., personal training and sports nutrition but im currently studying for the ACE certification. I did the CPR/AED cert 2 weeks ago.
The ACE is more than I expected but i'll get it done.

Congrats again, with that schedule I know it wasnt easy.

Ace was the other cert I looked at. Both very good and accredited .

New Threads