Waste to cut on first ever cycle?

Reaction score
205lbs 25% bf rn , plan to get down to 170, would it be a waste of gear? just going to be doing standard 500mg test e weekly for 13 weeks.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
205lbs 25% bf rn , plan to get down to 170, would it be a waste of gear? just going to be doing standard 500mg test e weekly for 13 weeks.

You are the guy with low test? Like under 200?

Reactions: CJ

pavkica

Reaction score
yes it would be a shame to waste virgin receptors in a deficit + on high bodyfat you would just get bloated and convert majority of testosterone to estrogen

get down to 170 naturally and then pin testosterone and bulk up

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

Depends on your training history

Cuts and bulks are done in the kitchen

The advantage of the test on a cut is less muscle waste.

Your answer depends on your training history!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
yes it would be a shame to waste virgin receptors in a deficit + on high bodyfat you would just get bloated and convert majority of testosterone to estrogen

get down to 170 naturally and then pin testosterone and bulk up

I don't see this as fact!

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The question is not cut or bulk for me ... my question is since you 19 years old have you put the time in the gym to benefit from a cycle ... have you been in the gym a minimum of 12 months busting your ass naturally ... regardless of your natural test numbers ... AAS is not magic bullet ... you need to have put in the work in order for your 500mg cycle to be effective ... you also need to have your nutritional program / diet dialed in ...

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
A concern of mine, is if you're 205lbs at 25% bodyfat, I don't think you have your training and nutrition dialed in to a point where you'd get the benefits you seek from running a cycle.

Plus, as Jin pointed out, in your other thread you state that you were medically diagnosed with low testosterone levels. You're skipping steps here bud.

Reaction score
I don't see this as fact!

My bad everyone! i have around a 2 years of gym training, i can bench 225 for 2, deadlift 355 for 1 and squat 245 (lagging legs a bit because i skipped first year), im not a total noob, also i know that discipline is required and cutting is in the kitchen, for past 15 days i've been literally eating only 1800 calories worth of only eggs, chicken and vegetable mix, i quit sugar and junk food cold turkey and haven't a single cookie, that's going to be my diet plan and i'm following Dorian Yates' program.

Last edited:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Excellent job on getting diet on point ... cutting surgar is key ... do you know your macros ... getting your protein up is critical ...

How much weight have you lost ... in 15 days you should be seeing some results by now ...

My recommendation would be keep doing what your doing ... 1,800 to 2,400 calories per day ... protein in the 160 to 200 grams per day .. 2 pounds times 10 weeks would be 20 pounds of weight loss ... that would be a close to 10% bodyfat loss (25% to 15%) ... you're well on your way ... keep going ... you may also find that by dialing in your diet you dont really need AAS at your age ... you've got massive natural potential ...

Gabriel

Reaction score
At 19 no one's diet is perfect.......................90% of all the problems can be solve at the end of a fork....And I'd lean to also say 90% of us,, the diet is the hardest thing..Look at your recovery protocols.At 19.....I was getting maybe 4 hrs of sleep a night..that being young thing.!!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
A concern of mine, is if you're 205lbs at 25% bodyfat, I don't think you have your training and nutrition dialed in to a point where you'd get the benefits you seek from running a cycle.

Plus, as Jin pointed out, in your other thread you state that you were medically diagnosed with low testosterone levels. You're skipping steps here bud.

I don’t even need to log in anymore... CJ is always two steps ahead of me.

Cycling while cutting is really there to preserve muscle or tweak your aesthetics. I.e show prep or reaching a specific look.

You *seem* to be at a point where just getting in shape is the goal. Focus on food and lifting. You don’t need the rest unless it’s a TRT situation as others mentioned.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
yes it would be as you haven't displayed the dedication and capability to eat correctly year around, so you will likely fall back to old habits and end up fat again when you pct or go on a trt dose and lose any muscle you built as well. Not an insult, just the reality of 99% of people who start hormone use too early. I generally challenge people to eat correctly for a year before hormone use. You would be shocked at the amount of progress you can make naturally from eating correctly year around, based off your lifts, you are no where close to what's capable with a year or two or solid nutrition and training.

I know you said your test levels were low, but I bet as you lose weight and eat correctly, those test levels will rise significantly.

I also love dorian training but usually don't like it for inexperienced lifters, you just haven't learned to enter the gear that is neccesary to have a a deep muscular failure that is required to grow with low volume. Pushing out those last few reps is something we learn. Over time we become better and better at nerve firing to contract more and more muscle fibers when we lift. If you are making solid progress and enjoy it, by all means stick with it though.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
i'm sad if you don't, because you should

I don't disagree on the natural part, just saying it's not IMO a waste as you described it.

He is too young now knowing his age IMO.

E2 can be controlled!

pavkica

Reaction score
of course it is a waste, too many people going on cycles while on high bodyfats and gaining nothing or getting minimal gains

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
of course it is a waste, too many people going on cycles while on high bodyfats and gaining nothing or getting minimal gains

Being a powerlifter for about a decade I have seen this not to be true, this is my argument.

I have seen it not a waste.

If he cleans everything up and does the test he will benefit, he will save muscle waste!

Again he is too young.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
The whole test preventing muscle waste is a crappy argument unless you have extremely high amounts of muscle tissue. Even as a natural you won’t really lose muscle dieting unless you try to get to the 7-8% range. Converting protein to fuel for the body is very expensive, it’s going to prefer using fat storages.

Reactions: CJ

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I will stand corrected on this issue at this point.

My only evidence is from teammates we already had training hard for a year or so prior, people with a lot of muscle and fat.

I can see were I stand incorrect with someone with no trained muscle.

My apologies!

liftsiron

Elite
Reaction score
Get your diet on track, if your test levels are to low this will inhibit fat loss. Personally if my test levels were at 200, I would seek out a TRT doctor and see what he/she says. I didn't catch your age but with test at 200 IMO you certainly need some type of intervention.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads