Stone and DNP

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
In the past I've joked about DNP as in comparing it to Roundup, Decon, and other poisonous shit, but here I am going to try it. I've never had a problem with a "beer gut" until the past couple of years. I have tried Intermittent fasting, Atkins, Keto, tren (which used to lean the hell out of me), and just plain calorie deficit over a period of time, all to no avail. The "gut" isn't huge, but believe me if you have never had one, even a midsize one, it is a solid blow to your self image in a way that is hard to explain. The feelings of having failed in my healthy lifestyle, and the toll it takes on my back far outweigh any narsissistic feelings about the "gut".

I know age, in that the metabolism slows down plays a part in all this, but it is ridiculous how fast it seemed to happen. So, bottom line, right, wrong, or indifferent, I'm going to give DNP a shot at a small dosage 100mg/day. Not sure of the duration yet, probably sides dependent. I'll start a short log and keep track, or lack of, progress.

Quick starting stats, soon to be 57 yo, 6'2", 266lbs. Don't have product on hand yet, in process. I've read up on some folks' experiences with DNP on UG here, and if anyone has any recommendations vital to what I'm doing here, shout it out. Thanks, Stone

Reaction score
Stone I've been running it at 200 a day with pretty minimal sides. Occasional lethargy, elevated body temp, night sweats.

I have taken 400 the past couple days and will say that changes everything. After I eat I'm on fire, internally and sweating. Doesn't feel all that great.

Good luck, I think you'll find 100 very manageable.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up ST ... I'm considering a DNP run much for the same reasons (not so much a beer gut - I'm just a fat ****)... plz consider creating a log and detailing your experience ...

Edit: English supposed to be my 1st language.

Last edited:

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Excited to see how it’s works for you Stone. Those are some pretty awesome stats. My pops is around your age and he needs a big cut cycle. I will be following you. If I’m lucky I’ll get there too. Good luck BOSS :32 (10):

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Which was the bigger blow to your ego?

The beer gut.

Ordering DNP pills dosed for 120lbs females.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome Stone. excited to see how you go. Starting at 100mg will be really minimal sides, typically either set for a really long term use for men or for women who have a harder time with product. Run the 100mg for a bit and see how things go, and all goes well (min sides, not allergic, etc), bump it to the 200 and take 1 100mg morning and the 2nd midafternoon to space em out. as S30W said, 200 is usually pretty minimal and barable throughout, bumping the 400 does make a big difference for most people

Not sure if "beer gut" really means from beer on ya or just the look of one from training and food... but either way... avoid the alcohol while on it!

Good luck and kick ass

ripper

Reaction score
Which was the bigger blow to your ego?

The beer gut.

Ordering DNP pills dosed for 120lbs females.

Haha!

As for D, I'm not sure why there are so many people that rip on it when they have no experience with it. It works well, and 200mg/day should be enough to help you towards your goals but Straight30Weight is right that at 400mg its another level indeed. I'd recommend the 2wks on/off schedule and keep diet low in fat

Last edited:

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
just go for a week at 100mg, you will see how mild the sides are then go 200mg as mets said for 10 days. Come off and wait 10 days and see the full effects then repeat if necessary. 200mg with lower end carbs will not have too much sides at all if any

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
is there a theory behind the low fat?

Haha!

As for D, I'm not sure why there are so many people that rip on it when they have no experience with it. It works well, and 200mg/day should be enough to help you towards your goals but Straight30Weight is right that at 400mg its another level indeed. I'd recommend the 2wks on/off schedule and keep diet low in fat

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy, sorry you're having a hard time. I would hope before anything you go and get a physical and a full blood panel. You did mention leading a healthy lifestyle. Well, I hope that's exactly what you've been following as i don't have to get specific with you. I remember a ways back you admitted lacking. You big fuker. 266 lbs at 57 is hard to carry and probably tiresome by end of day. Of course, genetics can also play a big part in carrying that gut. Just tell me you'll get a full check before you go this route. Not saying anything against DNP, just asking to take the 1st step, if you haven't already.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just go for a week at 100mg, you will see how mild the sides are then go 200mg as mets said for 10 days. Come off and wait 10 days and see the full effects then repeat if necessary. 200mg with lower end carbs will not have too much sides at all if any

yep Trump has it...run it at the low dose and get a general idea, you may not see much from it as far as sides. but with lower carbs, itll help any sides there are...likely still gonna have some at least with night time sweats, but run it for a bit, add that extra pill and get the standard dose and take a break and see you go. that way you have an idea going forward 1) if its for you or not and 2) how you want to run future based on general run

Nope because it's nonsense:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/246907
"Dinitrophenol, used in doses of therapeutic range, caused increases in metabolism of the usual magnitude irrespective of diet type."

was thinking the same thing. you eat, its going to work, you sit on your ass...well why waste the fun.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Stone I've been running it at 200 a day with pretty minimal sides. Occasional lethargy, elevated body temp, night sweats.

I have taken 400 the past couple days and will say that changes everything. After I eat I'm on fire, internally and sweating. Doesn't feel all that great.

Good luck, I think you'll find 100 very manageable.
Appreciate the input 30w, good to have real time info.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Hey buddy, sorry you're having a hard time. I would hope before anything you go and get a physical and a full blood panel. You did mention leading a healthy lifestyle. Well, I hope that's exactly what you've been following as i don't have to get specific with you. I remember a ways back you admitted lacking. You big fuker. 266 lbs at 57 is hard to carry and probably tiresome by end of day. Of course, genetics can also play a big part in carrying that gut. Just tell me you'll get a full check before you go this route. Not saying anything against DNP, just asking to take the 1st step, if you haven't already.
Yes my friend,I think like most guys on here I waver from healthy, to not so much. Lately I’ve been on the healthy side of things though. Funny you should mention a check up, I have a work wellness check next week that I strategically planned around this gig. Once again you’re right with being spent at the days end carrying 266lbs around, especially with what I do for a living, still have pretty good muscle mass, but the gut has got to be a heavy Fokker too...lol
Thanks brother, always dig hearing from you.

Beti ona

Reaction score
I've tried many times, but every time I go to 300-450 mg, the dream becomes difficult and the quality of life descends to hell. Staying between 100 and 250 mg is the way to go.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've tried many times, but every time I go to 300-450 mg, the dream becomes difficult and the quality of life descends to hell. Staying between 100 and 250 mg is the way to go.

this is really person to person dependent. 100-250 is nothing for me. the 400 is really my level that i feel it and feel a-ok. its when i start doing 600 is where is starts to suck pretty bad. if its a long term run...100-200/day is good for me. but short cycle types 400 for elongated and 600 short term with a death 3 days of 800

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I felt good on the 200mg dose but I was low carb too. I plan on doing 400mg next time I run it and see what that does.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
2/25/2020
Got the thumbs up from the doc, uh... prostate included, poor choice of words, good to go as it were.
Will take 100mgs this morning.
Starting weight- 268.7 lbs

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I felt good on the 200mg dose but I was low carb too. I plan on doing 400mg next time I run it and see what that does.
So you are just bumping it to 400mgs to see what it does? what was the outcome of 200mgs? not what you expected?, expected, but could have been better?

New Threads