Corrective Lenses

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I was going to ask this question in the chat box. Maybe a thread is better. Who here wears glasses or contacts? Mine are supposed to be just for "reading". But in a world where we are always reading that doesn't make much sense to me. So, I wear them everywhere except the gym.

My eyes have kinda gotten lazy without them. It's like I don't make an effort to focus on things.

The reason I bring this up is last night when we got home my wife asked me if I knew the girl she was talking to at the gym.

Me: What girl?
Her: You looked right at us and we both waved.

Maybe I just walk around with my head up my ass. I refuse to accept that age is playing a part.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
You don't have to accept it, but it is. Get your eyes checked and get glasses with the proper prescription. What happens when you didn't see that kid crossing the street?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Age sucks butt hole! I had great vision & I could shoot the wings off a fly with a rifle. Around 41-42 ish I noticed my computer screen started looking blurry. It went down hill from there. Without my glasses I can't see shit! at 50ish.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Mine was “too many birthdays” or so I was told by the dr. I wear em when I drive and while at home or everything at a distance is blurry.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
You don't have to accept it, but it is. Get your eyes checked and get glasses with the proper prescription. What happens when you didn't see that kid crossing the street?

I may not have been clear. I just got this prescription last summer. They aren't like drug store readers. I do wear them driving and everywhere else. Just not at the gym.

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wear my glasses from the moment I wake till I go to sleep. For many years I used contact lenses. Not anymore, fuk all that trouble. I have the ones that darken in the sunlight. Only time I take them off outside is when I go swimming. I have no issue with self esteem or embarrassment wearing them. I'm still fuking awesome with my glasses.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wore glasses from 12 to 44 ... then had Lasik eye surgery ... I wish I would had done it 10 years earlier ... best thing I ever did ... 9 years later I still have 20/20 vision ... I had what is called monovision ... one eye corrected for distance and one for near vision ... took a week to get use to but awesome results ... no readers for me yet ... at 53 ...

Reaction score
I wore glasses from 12 to 44 ... then had Lasik eye surgery ... I wish I would had done it 10 years earlier ... best thing I ever did ... 9 years later I still have 20/20 vision ... I had what is called monovision ... one eye corrected for distance and one for near vision ... took a week to get use to but awesome results ... no readers for me yet ... at 53 ...

damn I’ve had glasses/contacts since I can remember and my prescription is right on the edge of being too bad for lasik depending on the thickness of my cornea. Best case for me is get contact lenses surgically implanted behind my cornea. I think I’ll stick with glasses.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I may not have been clear. I just got this prescription last summer. They aren't like drug store readers. I do wear them driving and everywhere else. Just not at the gym.

Thanks for clarifying. The only place I don't wear my glasses is the gym as well. I like my progressive lenses. Absolutely can not read the little amps and vials at work without them.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
For the 1st time ever, I had to put some glasses on to read the menu at a restaurant. That sucked.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
I had corrective eye surgery somewhere between 25 - 30 years ago - holy sh1t!!

Anyway, ive been 20/20 until last couple years, 20/30 or 20/40 but this year has gone downhill, can't read small print, holding things 2 feet away, etc.
Wish I could afford another surgery id do in a heartbeat.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wasn't a candidate for laser either. :/ oh well.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
I'm about blind. Been wearing glasses since I can remember. I have to wear them otherwise I can't make stuff out from 5 feet away.