am i the only one ?

chicago311

Reaction score
am i the only one that walks in the gym to WORK OUT and find everyone takeing up equiptment sitting or standing on there stupid phones, I DONT GET IT help me im going freaken nut's...

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I bitch about this all of the time. I actually left the gym yesterday because there were so many people in the gym in my way on the equipment that I walked out before I even started.

At this point, I have to look into changing my gym schedule.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Even though it doesn't affect me, I get wicked annoyed when I see people on their phones WHILE doing an exercise.

I don't give a fukk what it is, but you are DEFINITELY not working hard enough if you can lift and be on your phone simultaneously.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
It has gotten terrible as of late. Then I saw 5 new 18-20ish girls signing up last night. Stop the madness. My biggest bitch is when the fekken dumbell rack is all jacked off because five different people are sitting with the dumbells at their feet. :32 (10):

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Y'all must be in some bigger cities, with busy ass gyms. I never usually see a packed gym. Except when I was up North recently and that gym was basically the only gym available in that area. That place was packed

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I stick with smaller family owned gyms, usually it’s less of an issue there...corporate gyms are full of it.
Gym I go to now is small but never more than a dozen people there and they usually get in and get out.
The bench is not a place to set your stuff down when you do curls or Lateral raise....errrrr
and when I’m able to finish 4 sets of squats before you’ve done 2 sets on the leg extension something is wrong lol

Reaction score
That's why I workout early in the morning, by pass all the social media wanna be stars

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i just bitch to whomever it is.

Ive been talked to by the gym staff.....If need be....Ill change gyms

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Find a gym, not a club.

I had to laugh at this because it reminded me of one of the new gym creatures.

Dude must be Persian or something. He's working out with a fresh daily faded hair and beard trim, gold trimmed jordans, air pods, gold chains, SUPREME shirt that's 2x to small to be stretched over that beach ball he's obviously smuggling underneath it and enough cologne to kill a rhino. He's respectful enough but very clearly got lost on his way to the club and decided he liked the gym vibe instead.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I watched an entire 15 min video of a guy burying a conex in his backyard for the end of civilization while sitting on the calf machine. Not one person objected. Not one.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
i just bitch to whomever it is.

Ive been talked to by the gym staff.....If need be....Ill change gyms

Speaking of changing gyms, I just did this an hour ago. My buddy owns a gym in town that is the most expensive gym in town but he has a membership cap which makes it almost never crowded.

I have been being a cheapskate for a while now and today said fuk it and joined. It is $25 more expensive than my other 2 gyms but I got my workout done in an hour that usually takes me 2 in the others. Ahhhhhhhhhh money can buy happiness.

Reaction score
The sweet spot at my gym is 12 noon - 3pm, it's practically empty. One time I was the only person there! Usually they have a few other people doing weight trining though. Peak times are about 60 people.

Also the gym staff should be able to tell you the slowest times.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I got blatantly shoulder checked by some queef at the gym today I had to resist the urge to resort back to my younger days. I think he was jelly because I was cranking out strict pull ups while he was on the assisted pull up machine lol

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score
am i the only one that walks in the gym to WORK OUT and find everyone takeing up equiptment sitting or standing on there stupid phones, I DONT GET IT help me im going freaken nut's...

Just put on your head set and listen yo your favorite work-out song and sing as loud as you possibly can. They will be real pissed off but **** them, two can play this game. 2nd option, get a shirt like mine.

Reactions: Jin

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I dont see phones having a place in the gym, maybe listening to music? Off the gym subject, but still about phones, the wife and I were out to dinner the other night, and a whole family mom, dad, three kids from mid teens to younger than ten were all on thier phones, not a word being said. I guess that isnt a big deal anymore, just really struck me as "this is the new norm now". Crazy.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Just put on your head set and listen yo your favorite work-out song and sing as loud as you possibly can. They will be real pissed off but **** them, two can play this game. 2nd option, get a shirt like mine.

Are you saying that’s you in the avatar?

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
The gym I go to near home (I also go tone near work) is 90% Spanish folks. It seems like a culture thing, but they wear the ear buds, walking in circles while very loudly having an intense phone conversation on gym floor. Guy yesterday wouldnt let up, during his "so called reps" he was talking. So annoying other Spanish folks thought he was odd.

I finally yelled out loud to "SHUT TRE FUKK UP". IF you knew me, you'd be surprised, I'm one of those shy, don't-talk type of people mostly when in public.

I think Ill be back to using my home when this place runs out and just keeping the one near work for MON, TUE, THU when Im in the office.
WED, FRI, SAT at home...

Been doing legs at home on WED lately (got a new safety squat bar) and enjoying it.

chicago311

Reaction score
it sucks when you have to go up to someone thats on a piece of equiptment talking or texting to probley no one just to look important, so then i have to wave my hand in the way of GET UP lazy ass and share. i truely do not understand WHY do people go to the gym and use there phone, hell when i go i don't even want to be talked to UNTIL im done working out, and i will not talk to a brother while he or she is working out, theres nothing like being talked to while trying to get your pump on. :32 (10):

New Threads