Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,882 Times in 6,889 Posts
    Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
    Anybody ever wonder why you don’t hear anything about cases in Africa?

they have very bad sanitation and healthcare services. People living in huts on top of each other and mix their drinking water with sewer water.

Africa should be a breeding pool for the China Virus. You’d think millions would be dead over there.

what countries are constantly getting criticized because of higher cases or deaths?
    the USA and Europe.

What countries have the biggest impact in the free world ?
    the USA and Europe

Covid seems to affect Europe and the USA most because they are the biggest opposition to China!
    This is the 3rd time I’ve had to point this out to you:

The average age in Africa is 19 years old. 19 year olds don’t die from the virus.

You also cite sanitation which has nothing (very very little) to do with Covid transmission.

Why do you persist in making an invalid point when clear evidence has been presented to you?

You are not entitled to your opinion.
    You are entitled to your informed opinion.
    No one is entitled to be ignorant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

DOOM (10-29-2020)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    A well-timed paper from the Aussies looking at the impact of entering the labour market during a downturn: The Career effects of labour market conditions at entry

- As with previous recessions, young people are going to take the brunt of the economic hit here. The covid class of 2020, much like the class of 2010, is in for a rough ride.

- 5% rise in youth unemployment is associated with an 8% decline in earnings & 3.5% decline in employment-to-population ratio. After 5 years, earnings still down 3.5% while employment-to-population ratio has recovered. Earnings don't recover until 10 years post-recession.

- Graduates impacted a lot more than those who didn't attend university due to an inability to find a good job match up for their skills. This leads to settling for work at lower production firms and/or human capital depreciation (the complete inability to find relevant work).

- Macro stimulus that allows young people to stay in work, or train to do something else, is a big help. As are reforms to allow more labour market mobility (the ability to switch jobs). Basically, the more dynamic your labour market the quicker you'll recover from this.

The younger generation is going to take a huge economic hit in order to protect their elders (covid poses no real threat to them directly). That needs to be recognized and, at some point soon, the favor should be returned.
    Thanks for sharing! Appreciate the thorough research.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    This is the 3rd time Iíve had to point this out to you:

The average age in Africa is 19 years old. 19 year olds donít die from the virus.

You also cite sanitation which has nothing (very very little) to do with Covid transmission.

Why do you persist in making an invalid point when clear evidence has been presented to you?
    There are 1.4 billion people in Africa and only 40,000 deaths. Not everyone is 19 yrs old. Iím sure grandmas and grandpas exist there.

I also donít believe all the deaths labeled as Covid is attributed to Covid in the USA. (Ex car accidents, shark attacks ) Numbers have been inflated to look worse.

the point being is that Covid is a BIOWEAPON used to weaken Chinas adversaries. Just look at correlation between their biggest adversaries and countries most affected by the China Virus

and I wouldnít be the least bit surprised if the Democrats are complicit with the Chicoms
    Last edited by El Gringo; 10-29-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    I donít get bigger. Everyone around me get smaller.

The Sage of Science MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 967 Posts
    Germany and France back in national lockdown. UK expected to follow (unless our PM rediscovers his balls). Data suggests that Spain, along with foolish tourists, are to blame for the 2nd wave in Europe.

On the plus side, W-shape can be observed in European stocks - that means buying opportunities again.
    Devout misanthropist.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,377 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Germany and France back in national lockdown. UK expected to follow (unless our PM rediscovers his balls). Data suggests that Spain, along with foolish tourists, are to blame for the 2nd wave in Europe.
    A friend of mine in Surrey is reporting the same that a second lockdown is looming.
    My posts are for entertainment purposes only

Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 950 Posts
    Medical and economic experts aside .. why does everyone avoid the obvious facts ... over 95% of coronavirus deaths are people over 60 years old ... over 90% of flu deaths per year are from people 70 or older ...

What do these numbers actually mean ... if you're a young healthy person 50 years old or younger you should be working .. going to school ... doing normal activities PERIOD ....

The management world wide of this process has been down right incompetent .. the fact that the free world is incapable of disseminating obvious facts begs the question WHY ... there is virtually NO risk of death for people outside of the well known risk groups ... OLD ... FAT, disabilities, heart disease, other documented ailments (lung problems) ... the population that is not at risk has been manipulated (90%+ of the world population) .. and it was easy ... they've been told don't work or go to school ... basically do nothing ... that really isn't a difficult pitch .. most people want to do nothing or do the very least possible to get by ... again this situation has been completely politically motivated ... its just amazing to me how easily the sheep are manipulated ..
    HRT for life!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to transcend2007 For This Useful Post:

El Gringo (10-30-2020)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    A friend of mine in Surrey is reporting the same that a second lockdown is looming.
    Politically, very difficult.

Our PM, the leader of conservative party (rough equivalent to the republicans), was told to lockdown weeks ago by his scientific advisors & the opposition party (Labour, equivalent to the Dems). He refused, preferring the regional approach, which we know doesn't work very well based on the US state-by-state experience. To U-turn now, would mean repeating the mistake he made in March (late lockdown) and...I don't see how you come back from that. They were already sinking in the polls and that might be the final nail in the coffin for him personally.

If we get news of an upcoming vaccine, then I can see the case to u-turn and go for full lockdown until we can roll it out to the public. Otherwise, he'd be better off staying the course while having a tough, grown up, state address to place the blame for the upcoming bodycount where it factually deserves to be (he & his colleagues aren't the ones spreading this thing, idiotic members of the public are).

I should add that the PM is a big softy who wants to be loved by the public so no chance he'll take my advice. Smart money is on a u-turn, 2nd lockdown, and political death.
    Devout misanthropist.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 546 Posts
    To a accept the premise that a lockdown can defeat a virus is absurd.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Beserker For This Useful Post:

thementalbreak (11-02-2020)

Thanks
    I remember when the concept was to flatten the curve in order to stop hospital icu's from being overwhelmed ... are there currently any hospitals in the US or Europe with icu's full ... or not enough ventilators ... as usual the politicians moved the goal line ... now the goal is to have no cases or less cases ... of course no one talks about death rates any more ... because new high cases are majority younger healthier people where nearly none are dying ... of course the high case still give big media and politicians control because the sheeple allow it to happen ...
    HRT for life!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to transcend2007 For This Useful Post:

CJ275 (11-01-2020),DF (11-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,754 Times in 4,233 Posts
    I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. Luckily, my work is considered essential so financially it has not affected me negatively. But obviously, it has affected us all in life, and the world around us.

My mother in law was tested positive for covid a couple weeks ago. She is in her mid 70's, has degenerative heart failure, has has multiple surgeries, has a bad case of diabetes. She doesn't care about anything. She has not given two shits about this threat from the beginning. She goes back and forth from MX without a damn worry. Dr. doesn't even think she needs to be retested.

She is basically having minimum side effects of the virus. My sister in law, who lives with her has 3rd stage ovarian cancer and has been on Chemo for a couple years now.
    She is experiencing no side effects. Dr. Said she doesn't even need to get tested. Just to isolate herself and to monitor her oxygen levels.

Wtf is going on ? Obviously, we are all very pleased that they are doing fairly well, but these two are the kind you hear have no chance of surviving.

I just don't understand this whole thing. I'm sorry, but I am starting to wonder if this covid is in fact no more dangerous than the flu, which is dangerous for some and not for others.

We shut down the world over this and continue to shut it down over this. The timing is very suspicious from the beginning. How else am I supposed to think after seeing what I just have with my wife's family?
    "The weight teaches you"
    The more you treat each rep independently, as its own workout, the better.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

CJ275 (11-01-2020),CohibaRobusto (11-02-2020),DF (11-02-2020),white ape (11-03-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 2,870 Posts

Number of deaths has been trending down for 12 straight weeks in the US.

Last week was the least number of deaths since March, when the outbreak began in earnest.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CJ275 For This Useful Post:

CohibaRobusto (11-02-2020),DF (11-02-2020),MrRippedZilla (11-02-2020),Seeker (11-01-2020),transcend2007 (11-02-2020)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by transcend2007 View Post
    Medical and economic experts aside .. why does everyone avoid the obvious facts ... over 95% of coronavirus deaths are people over 60 years old ... over 90% of flu deaths per year are from people 70 or older ...

What do these numbers actually mean ... if you're a young healthy person 50 years old or younger you should be working .. going to school ... doing normal activities PERIOD ....

The management world wide of this process has been down right incompetent .. the fact that the free world is incapable of disseminating obvious facts begs the question WHY ... there is virtually NO risk of death for people outside of the well known risk groups ... OLD ... FAT, disabilities, heart disease, other documented ailments (lung problems) ... the population that is not at risk has been manipulated (90%+ of the world population) .. and it was easy ... they've been told don't work or go to school ... basically do nothing ... that really isn't a difficult pitch .. most people want to do nothing or do the very least possible to get by ... again this situation has been completely politically motivated ... its just amazing to me how easily the sheep are manipulated ..
    and 99% of those over 60s were on death door anyway and had co morbidity. As per CDC. Sometimes they tell the truth just to see how stupid we really are. Scam through and through.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,376 Times in 4,489 Posts
    I’m done with nj and nyc .. bunch of sheep and giant pussies

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bro Bundy For This Useful Post:

Beserker (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    CJ super interesting statistics ... Covid-19 weekly death past 30 days are 1/3 what they were back in April ... when US new daily were 25,000 per day and now 100,000 new cases per day ... let me say that again ... new cases 3 times higher and death are 1/3 ... it would seem that coronavirus is not nearly as deadly ...

Even more interesting everyone (in charge government / press) knows these numbers ... and the facts are ignored ... either complete incompetence or huge disinformation ...
    HRT for life!

Thanks
    Face masks, public policies and slowing down the spread of covid-19: evidence from Canada
    - Mask mandates in Canada associated with a 25-31% drop in weekly covid cases vs no mask mandate.

Face masks considerably reduce COVID-19 cases in Germany
    - 40% drop in daily cases for Germany vs no mask mandate.

Causal impact of masks, policies, behavior on early COVID-19 pandemic in the US
    - Mask mandate for employees in public facing businesses associated with a 9-10% drop in weekly cases vs no mandate. The drops observed in Canada & Germany are greater due to the more universal nature of the mandate.

Summary: wearing a mask is better than not wearing a mask, especially for indoor public spaces, but isn't enough on its own to prevent an increase in new infections.

Before I get the predictable anti-mask responses, please read those papers first. It contains a lot of caveats - all of this is observational (cannot show causation), the effectiveness of a mask mandate is dependent on the public being willing to comply with it, etc, etc.
    Last edited by MrRippedZilla; 11-02-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    Devout misanthropist.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

CohibaRobusto (11-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,882 Times in 6,889 Posts
    But what about my human rights?!?!?!?!

You are not entitled to your opinion.
    You are entitled to your informed opinion.
    No one is entitled to be ignorant.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

DOOM (11-02-2020),MrRippedZilla (11-02-2020)

Thanks
    80%+ of coronavirus positive tested people confirm wearing their mask 100% of time when in public ... the great majority or face covering currently being worn in the US are not medical grade and clearly are not effective ...
    HRT for life!

Thanks
    Originally Posted by transcend2007 View Post
    80%+ of coronavirus positive tested people confirm wearing their mask 100% of time when in public ... the great majority or face covering currently being worn in the US are not medical grade and clearly are not effective ...
    Cite your evidence for the part in bold.
    Making the safe assumption that you haven't read the actual papers I cited, I'd ask that you at least re-read my summary. It nullifies the point you're trying to make quite effectively.
    Last edited by MrRippedZilla; 11-02-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Devout misanthropist.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

DOOM (11-02-2020),Iron1 (11-02-2020),Spongy (11-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 2,870 Posts
    Summary: wearing a mask is better than not wearing a mask, especially for indoor public spaces, but isn't enough on its own to prevent an increase in new infections.
    This is a very reasonable, common sense statement. I don't see how this could even be controversial.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ275 For This Useful Post:

DOOM (11-02-2020),MrRippedZilla (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    Cite your evidence for the part in bold.
    Making the safe assumption that you haven't read the actual papers I cited, I'd ask that you at least re-read my summary. It nullifies the point you're trying to make quite effectively.
    My issue is that wearing masks in not relevant ... because as you stated in your summary (which I missed I apologize) they alone are not sufficient to stop new cases ...

The larger point is when did stopping new cases become the objective .. because it was never the stated objective of any government for their reason for locking down economies ... their reasoning has always been to slow the spread in order to NOT OVERWHELM HOSPITALS ...

The idea of stopping a virus is proving to be as difficult if not impossible as the actual scientific experts stated it would be before politicians got involved ...

I'm I sorry you missed my point (which is not nullified) ... which was mask wearing is not the issue ... which all the papers you've sited .. I have no idea if they got into the explanation that all masks are not created equality .. and the great majority of masks being worn today are no where near medical grade .. and the science behind their (the none medical grade masks that 99% of the populations wear) use will not be know until far more research is completed ... but its difficult to imagine that wearing a dust rag would do much if anything to stop a virus ...

Back to my point .... mask wearing is irrelevant ... because the idea has never been and should not be to STOP THE VIRUS ... the idea is to keep hospitals open for those sick enough to require hospitalization can receive care ... which according to all available data are open today and no where near capacity ... this is the US hospitals and in Europe & UK .. of course you'd never know it .. because the press has done their job ... through misinformation to get everyone talking about what does not matter .. masks ...

To be clear .. I am not opposed to masks and wear one even though not required where I live ... I am opposed to the constant misdirection ... and misinformation that is posted on this board and seen in the main stream media ...

Does everyone here agree that death rates for healthy people who are 60 and younger is less the .3% .. why does our media keep reporting increased cases but almost does NO reporting at all on falling death rates .. the answers is simple .. if young healthy people knew they were are virtually at no risk (mask or no mask) they would not allow the nonsense that has happened for 8 months .... nor would they allow leaders who basically signed the death warrants of the most at risk .. those 70 and older in nursing homes to literally be killed by the thousands all with zero accountability ... you can only do things when the public is complicit .. talking about masks for young healthy populations ... but not protecting those actually at risk ... or holding those responsible who make obvious mistakes ... the coronovirus response was weaponized as a political issue ... no one can doubt just how effectively that was done ...
    HRT for life!

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast