Global pandemic: COVID-19

El Gringo

Reaction score
Earlier today as I was walking out the gym (LA fitness) and the manager came up to me and said “I’ve told you twice already to wear a mask. If I have to tell you again I’ll cancel your membership”. He even took off his mask to tell me to put on my mask.

im about to lose my shit. I’ll wear a mask in a grocery store or airport, but when gym staff interrupts me while I’m squatting 375+ to tell me to put on a mask... I just can’t take it. I can barely breathe during my workouts without a mask.

I feel like I’m living in the movie “Idiocracy” where everyone waters their crops with Gatorade.

if you’re scared of the Chinese Virus, WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING IN A GYM???

I still see people in their car or walking outside by themselves with a mask on. I think people are turning full retard.

I feel like I live in a Totalitarian Communist country.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
This was a good wake up call.

Sure, there was an overreaction, but we learned from that too.

For at least the next decade the collective conscious should not let us get caught again with our pants down the next time a pandemic hits.

Nope, only thing that we'll remember is to buy lots of extra toilet paper.

Reactions: Jin

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nope, only thing that we'll remember is to buy lots of extra toilet paper.
God that pissed me off. I just wanted a normal amount as per usual but it was hell to find any. And since you don’t know when there will be a supply again due to the hoarders, you’re forced to horde as well.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Got positive test results today. No biggie. Feels like a cold, but the strange thing is that my wife tested positive on July 3rd so I would have thought I would have had it with her; not 2 months later.

Anyways .....if enough of us get it, any one up for starting a covid community in Montana? Kind of like a leper colony, but with weights. (First person to ask how many bicep machines we’ll have digs the latrine.)

Tentatively named:tierra de los gigantes

Last edited:

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Got positive test results today. No biggie. Feels like a cold, but the strange thing is that my wife tested positive on July 3rd so I would have thought I would have had it with her; not 2 months later.

Anyways .....if enough of us get it, any one up for starting a covid community in Montana? Kind of like a leper colony, but with weights. (First person to ask how many bicep machines we’ll have digs the latrine.)

Tentatively named:tierra de los gigantes
Remember. You will die a slow lingering death if you move to Montana, or Idaho. Tell all your friends!

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I’ve been planning a retirement in Idaho for years... looking to buy a couple dozen acres with a stream/lake or river access...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
While I agree the reaction to COVID has been excessive, the death count isn’t the only reason to be cautious. We still don’t understand this disease.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2.../coronavirus-capable-of-invading-brain-study/

Lots of documented cases of lingering or non abating symptoms. Months out of the gym? No thanks.

I’ve used this example before: I live close to awesome skiing yet I very rarely go. I don’t like to risk an injury that could take me out of the gym. Am I a pussy for doing that? Maybe. But I have priorities and a big one is being able to get my training in. That means staying healthy and injury free.

Last edited:

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
While I agree the reaction to COVID has been excessive, the death count isn’t the only reason to be cautious. We still don’t understand this disease.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2.../coronavirus-capable-of-invading-brain-study/

Lots of documented cases of lingering or non abating symptoms. Months out of the gym? No thanks.

I’ve used this example before: I live close to awesome skiing yet I very rarely go. I don’t like to risk an injury that could take me out of the gym. Am I a pussy for doing that? Maybe. But I have priorities and a big one is being able to get my training in. That means staying healthy and injury free.

Way off topic but omg I'd love to ski japan!

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
It’s kind of funny how a rebellion is squashed by a sudden mutation of a long standing virus. Haven’t heard anything about Hong Kong lately... don’t think for a second the ChiComs wouldn’t go to any length to maintain power... they’re responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of their own, and unapologetic about it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12416302/heroic-coronavirus-whistleblower-fled-china-covid-cover-up/

Never underestimate the evil of communism.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Lessons from a true science nerd: don't learn about this shit from Youtube. Ever. Also, having "Dr" in your name doesn't actually mean you know what you're talking about. If we met in real life, I'd tear Dr Carrie Madej's ass up - both figuratively and literally.

Extrapolating results from ferret studies to apply to humans. Chucking the word "cancer" in there for dramatic impact. Random rant about GMOs being less healthy than organic foods in order to establish a non-existent point about RNA. Just total crap that sounds super convincing to normal folks who don't understand the topic but gets exposed, badly, by those who do.

I'm not picking on you Gibs, by the way. I just happened to have some time to kill and that vid (I managed to waste 8 mins on it) was the latest thing in this thread so...yea.

New Threads