Global pandemic: COVID-19

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
My Governor, Ralph “black face” Northam now has COVID. His **** wife too. This hypocritical douche would staple masks to our face if he could, but he’s seen many times not wearing one or social distancing. I hope he dies.

This is the same guy who has a picture of himself in black face and a klansmen on his college page. A pediatrician who argues a baby should be born, then he’ll keep it comfortable while he has a conversation with the mother about whether or not to murder ehh “abort” it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

dreamscraper

Reaction score
From late May:
"CMU researchers since January have collected more than 200 million tweets discussing coronavirus or COVID-19. Of the top 50 influential retweeters, 82% are bots, they found. Of the top 1,000 retweeters, 62% are bots."

IMO from everything I read:
The virus happened naturally in Wuhan, this is not man made.
The CCP then weaponized the virus by locking down Wuhan but letting 5 million people travel internationally. The Communist party knows they have the measures and structure in place to handle this while western democracy does not and can not without destroying themselves.
Chinese intelligence then started a disinformation campaign on our social media networks as an act of financial and social warfare.

China is done with their pawns, they are moving their knights and bishops now.

To me, right now is exactly what it would look and feel like if we were losing a covert war and losing badly. If you can't see that it is because you don't want to.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Our country has been damaged because one political party cares more about their power than they do about what's best for our country ... the democrats have aligned with the Chinese and align with any US adversary if it hurts Trump period ... the amazing thing is how gullible our population is ... a once great country has been completely sold out ... the Chinese are in it to win it ... with a 10 year and 50 year plan while our politicians see only as far as their next election ...

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
UK is cracking back down on businesses and travel due to rising covid numbers, here's an interview with ifbb pro Nathan deasha who also owns a gym there in the Uk. just as Trump has stated many times, he cites the rising number to the fact they have more testing centers providing more tests, also said something about these testing center being sent tests that were bad but they still used them...
This shit really needs to stop. 99.8% mortality rate, we know what demographic is most susceptible, there is no reason to go on with things this way, never was in the first place.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So long as local hospital systems have capacity I don’t think lockdowns are necessary.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I'm going to start posting some data into this thread because I'm bored and feel like sharing. Don't ask me why I waited 29 pages.
Anyway, first up a paper that brings up another factor that may determine which countries handled this well/not well - decentralized vs centralized approaches to heath:

Resilient Managed Competition during Pandemics: Lessons from the Italian experience during COVID-19

- Authors looked at Italy's early experience (Feb - Apr) dealing with Covid (when they got hammered) and found that the more decentralized the healthcare of a region, the worse the mortality rate.
- Specifically, Lombardy was the hardest hit region in Italy and also had the most decentralized form of health care (separate purchasing/providing functions, none of the beds are under the control of the regional health authority, etc).
- Why? Because it's harder to coordinate and share information across the regional network when you're intentionally autonomous (designed to look after yourself and forget everyone else). That means hospitals not paying attention to what's going on in nursing homes and visa versa.

In normal times, you want decentralization (weaken central govt, more power to the people closer to the ground) but in emergency situations - wars, pandemics - you actually want the center to be as strong as possible. Logically, this makes a lot of sense. It's hard to fight a nationwide problem when you're only thinking about yourself with no regard to what's going on around you.

Last edited:
Reactions: DF
Reaction score
I can’t stand when people say that this is the “new normal”. Wearing muzzles and hiding in fear is not normal. People have bought into this thing hook line and sinker. Don’t get me wrong, I believe the virus is real but our reaction to it is strictly political. If this happened at any time but THIS election year we wouldn’t even hear about it.
Having said that my business is doing fine even during the lockdown because our Gov (NM) has decided that we’re on her coveted and selective list of essential businesses - for now anyway. But she’s still a moron

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
My Governor, Ralph “black face” Northam now has COVID. His **** wife too. This hypocritical douche would staple masks to our face if he could, but he’s seen many times not wearing one or social distancing. I hope he dies.

This is the same guy who has a picture of himself in black face and a klansmen on his college page. A pediatrician who argues a baby should be born, then he’ll keep it comfortable while he has a conversation with the mother about whether or not to murder ehh “abort” it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

It's absolutely insane to me this guy is still in office. In that state I guess if you have a D it's okay - and a free pass in the media too.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I seen a lot of good friends died from this illness, this it’s a very sad tragedy what is happening right now.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Continuing the decentralized vs centralized theme with the US this time:

The Fragmented United States of America: The Impact of Scattered Lock-Down Policies on Country-Wide Infections

- Individual states, not the federal govt, have the power to decide their own lockdown policies but cannot shutdown their borders. This means that lax policies in one state will have negative consequences on neighboring, more stringent, states.

- An example of this spillover effect was seen with New York, the first state to experience a significant outbreak with NYC being the center of it. Due to the lack of border control, this inevitably spread to neighboring New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania: https://imgur.com/a/jOeiXSI

- Given the nature of this pandemic, any action/inaction in response to it will create an external effect on surrounding regions. In other words, unless states start working together to ensure consistent messaging on precautionary measures (masks, social distancing, etc), you're doomed to failure.

- This raises serious questions about how effective local lockdowns are. Judging by the experience here in Europe, the answer is "not very".

Same lesson that we got from Italy (previous post): the more decentralized a country is, the worse the results from this pandemic will be. Work together as a team to succeed (easier with a strong centre), or fail as individuals.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There appears to be a lack of understanding pertaining to the United States ... the idea of more strict and less strict states is misunderstood ... only restrictions that would have a negative effect on the economy are enforced ... business churches schools are closed ... mass protests encouraged ... public gatherings to riot - defund the police - support BLM ... encouraged ...

As death rates for coronavirus for general populations becoming more clearly understood the survival rate for healthy people under 70 years is 99.7% ... which is still not known in the general population ... this is because of the misinformation campaigns by the media who've been saying death rates are 5% or higher ...

The US coronavirus response has been manipulated by the dems and Lamestream media to devastate the economy with the intention of ousting Trump from office ... the impact of these actions will be with us a very long time ...

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
There appears to be a lack of understanding pertaining to the United States ... the idea of more strict and less strict states is misunderstood ...
The authors of the paper I linked are all economics professors from the US Naval Academy. Safe to say their understanding of the US is just fine.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I wouldn't appeal to authority here because all authority has so compromised it's integrity that "facts" require faith in a corrupted institution.

Case in point. You have to trust me when I say that an acquaintance of mine died in a motorcycle accident in June. His death was chalked up to covid-19. The only problem was his life insurance included an accidental death double indemnity rider. His wife and kids are having to sue everyone in existence to get their deserved death benefit. The local media has the story....has not ran with it.

Every federal government entity in the US is operating outside of their ENUMERATED powers, with a complicit media.

The CDC head said "masks are essential...." to congress on the same day that the CDC published mask data that refuted the futility of masks.

Then same CDC that magically said I couldn't evict my tenants that aren't paying rent because it would increase the rate of transmission....but BLM can gather in masse and wreck shit unabated in absolute safety. Thanksgiving is super-spreader heaven....but packing the streets and protesting Amy Barret is totally safe.

George Washington would be crossing the delaware with a knife in his teeth this Christmas Eve, if he were still alive today.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I wouldn't appeal to authority here because all authority has so compromised it's integrity that "facts" require faith in a corrupted institution.

Case in point. You have to trust me when I say that an acquaintance of mine died in a motorcycle accident in June. His death was chalked up to covid-19. The only problem was his life insurance included an accidental death double indemnity rider. His wife and kids are having to sue everyone in existence to get their deserved death benefit. The local media has the story....has not ran with it.

Every federal government entity in the US is operating outside of their ENUMERATED powers, with a complicit media.

The CDC head said "masks are essential...." to congress on the same day that the CDC published mask data that refuted the futility of masks.

Then same CDC that magically said I couldn't evict my tenants that aren't paying rent because it would increase the rate of transmission....but BLM can gather in masse and wreck shit unabated in absolute safety. Thanksgiving is super-spreader heaven....but packing the streets and protesting Amy Barret is totally safe.

George Washington would be crossing the delaware with a knife in his teeth this Christmas Eve, if he were still alive today.

*Refuted the utility of masks.

****ing missing edit button

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Communist agenda drives the whole world today... COVID is but a tool of destruction used to instill fear and seize more power. When you dig deep and truly come to realize what Marx and Engels wrought upon us, it all makes perfect sense. You have to see the bigger picture here.

Right now we’re in the midst of a huge war of ideals. Communism requires a violent overthrow of all civilization. The ends justify the means. Religion must be eradicated. Morals must be removed, and the demoralization campaign is coming to an end. Americans have taught their children, and their children’s children that America is inherently evil.

Now we’re being taught to obey.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
Last edited:

joeyirish777

Reaction score
I passed by a guy while on a trail run this morning. He was wearing a hoodie, sweatpants, and of course a face mask. I thought, "another dumbass." I go down the trail 200 yards and I run into a few girls who were yelling at me asking where we were.. I told them and asked why... they described the guy I just passed by and they said he attacked this girl who was standing there in shock with a red face. Naturally I sprinted down the trail to get the sob but he was gone. This was around 11 a.m. btw. Broad ****ing daylight.

Some Morales of the story... never neglect cardio.. 'normalizing' masks are incentivizing crime, and make it nearly impossible to convict someone, and many more problems... also the nonsense in this country is sparking rage and psychotic behaviors in people..

Protect your loved ones now more then ever people.

Last edited:

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
2020 Covid recession vs 08-09 recession vs 1929 depression:
industrialproduction.jpg

- The initial downward turn in 2020 was far greater & faster than the other two due to the fact that the pandemic caused both a supply & demand shock. 08-09 & 1929 triggered demand shocks but their was no interruption to supply.

- The speed of recovery is directly correlated to the level of fiscal & monetary support given by govts and central banks. The reason the 1929 depression was not simply a recession, and lasted far longer than necessary, is due to the restrictive fiscal & monetary attitudes of the time.

- Why has the 2020 recovery been quicker than in 08-09? Because our banks are in better shape. After 08-09, they were impaired and unable to expand credit, which prolonged the recovery phase. Basically, we had to take the time to fix them before a sustainable recovery was possible.

China (OECD numbers but, as with everything China, take it with a grain of salt) vs EU vs USA:
euvsusvschina.jpg

- Risk of a W-shaped recovery, rather than a V, is clearly present. If we see a return to national lockdowns combined with a lack of further fiscal/monetary support, then the W will take over. If not, then probably more of a square-root until we get a vaccine in the middle of next year (yes, that's my bet).

The big takeaway from all this: with continued fiscal/monetary support, the economy has the capacity to recover very quickly once the fears surrounding Covid are gone.

Last edited:

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
2020 Covid recession vs 08-09 recession vs 1929 depression:
View attachment 10672

- The initial downward turn in 2020 was far greater & faster than the other two due to the fact that the pandemic caused both a supply & demand shock. 08-09 & 1929 triggered demand shocks but their was no interruption to supply.

- The speed of recovery is directly correlated to the level of fiscal & monetary support given by govts and central banks. The reason the 1929 depression was not simply a recession, and lasted far longer than necessary, is due to the restrictive fiscal & monetary attitudes of the time.

- Why has the 2020 recovery been quicker than in 08-09? Because our banks are in better shape. After 08-09, they were impaired and unable to expand credit, which prolonged the recovery phase. Basically, we had to take the time to fix them before a sustainable recovery was possible.

China (OECD numbers but, as with everything China, take it with a grain of salt) vs EU vs USA:
View attachment 10673

- Risk of a W-shaped recovery, rather than a V, is clearly present. If we see a return to national lockdowns combined with a lack of further fiscal/monetary support, then the W will take over. If not, then probably more of a square-root until we get a vaccine in the middle of next year (yes, that's my bet).

The big takeaway from all this: with continued fiscal/monetary support, the economy has the capacity to recover very quickly once the fears surrounding Covid are gone.

Maybe economic indicators will show a recovery, but that's tone deaf. Mom & pop shops and medium/ small business won't ever recover. Mega-corp that was not subjected to authoritarian rule gobbled up the market share. Standard of living won't follow this "recovery" on the way up.

And not for nothing, but monetary policy is responsible for '29 and '08. It didn't solve anything. It ended because of war, or more "quantitative easing" after a convenient banking shakeout or tax dollar bailout.

Weimar germany period newspaper article: "investors can buy a farm or a factory for a few US dollars."

This is crony-capitalism wealth redistribution....just like it was then....just like it will be next time.

It's a paper recovery, at best.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
And not for nothing, but monetary policy is responsible for '29 and '08. It didn't solve anything. It ended because of war, or more "quantitative easing" after a convenient banking shakeout or tax dollar bailout.

This is crony-capitalism wealth redistribution....just like it was then....just like it will be next time.

It's a paper recovery, at best.
When it comes to fiscal & monetary policy, 29 (non-interventionism) is the total opposite of 08 (intervene).
The depression of 29 did indeed end because of the war. Specifically, thanks to the fiscal stimulus necessary to prepare for the war. Had that stimulus arrived earlier, then you may not have had a depression at all.
Without banking reform (including tax dollar bailout), you weren't going to get any sort of recovery in 08. It was a necessity. QE, I'm with you, has overinflated the value of pretty much everything and goes with the "paper recovery" analogy.

It's only "crony-capitalism wealth distribution" if you don't know how to participate and benefit from it.
I was a broke graduate around 08-09. I borrowed 25 grand from my grandfather (under the false guise of funding post-grad studies) and put it all into the market. That was the first step to me achieving the financial independence that I have today. People who were smart enough to do the same thing earlier this year would've seen the same results, but quicker.
This is capitalism at its best. No "crony" in sight.

Last edited:

New Threads