Reaction score
The worst is yet to come.

Deaths
Political unrest
protests
economic hardships

Lifting the lockdowns isn’t the end.

It’s the end of the first quarter IMO.

Nothing is changing except we will will be taking less precautions.

I know “gloom and doom”. But it IS gloomy.

I deal with things through humor and sarcasm so let me add

-No more hand shakes with that strange guy with the limp hand
-Bank robbers can now wear a mask without someone immediately triggering the silent alarm
- Perfect excuse not to see the in laws
- Working from home. No pants. No problem

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
New paper analyzing the virus data from France: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/05/12/science.abc3517

The key finding is a mortality rate of 0.7%, which is consistent with what we've seen in China (0.5-0.7%). Expect this number to continue to fall as treatment continues to improve with experience. Combine that with the low level of herd immunity that is developing and you have an extremely weak case for a 2nd lockdown after the inevitable 2nd wave of deaths.

People are going to have to learn to live with the risk (wearing masks, limiting social interactions, etc) rather than being forced to not live at all. I eagerly await the media latching onto the economic human cost that awaits us - it'll kill off the appetite among the public for a 2nd lockdown, which will kill off the appetite for it among most politicians.

Last edited:

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well damn! So the dow jumped 900 points because of the Moderna vaccine supposedly showing promising results with a 1st stage trial. Now to move to a larger human trial. Though promising, still to early to tell if this vaccine will actually work.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Well damn! So the dow jumped 900 points because of the Moderna vaccine supposedly showing promising results with a 1st stage trial. Now to move to a larger human trial. Though promising, still to early to tell if this vaccine will actually work.

Have they put on line what's "In" this vaccine?

Never mind. I just did a quick 'google' search. of course bills site pops of first... didn't read but just skimmed through it. A DNA vaccine.

Wicked.

Fukin. Wicked!

Yous still lining up for it?

Last edited:

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have they put on line what's "In" this vaccine?

Never mind. I just did a quick 'google' search. of course bills site pops of first... didn't read but just skimmed through it. A DNA vaccine.

Wicked.

Fukin. Wicked!

Yous still lining up for it?

It seems rushed to me and when things get rushed mistakes get made.

I am not anti vaccine in any way, but I am waiting this one out.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

German89

Elite
Reaction score
There are lots of viruses in the animal kingdom that scientists are watching as potential pandemics. Covid 19 wasn’t among them. There will always be a threat of disease and just because we recently went through a pandemic has no bearing in when the next one will happen.

Happy thoughts;)

Mmmm hmm.. So Happy ;)

Reaction score
This damn virus has unfortunately affected all of us. it doesn't look like he'll be leaving anytime soon. Remember , everyone is responsible for the health of himself and those around him. let's be careful, guys.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Apparently people in the southern US were getting the virus last year in November and December. It was all
kept hush hush. Rates are on the rise in our southern states again now. I think it will get worse this fall than it was over the winter and spring

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
The county I live in has 70,000 people. We hit 1700 cases today.

Dear Lord, please don't let them shut the gym back down.

I see alot of locals bitching about people going to gyms on social. But they don't say shit about little local yokle country band playing at a bar Friday night except yeehaw. It's so freaking weird how that can be viewed as better than people being fit to fight the virus.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Illinois Department of Health Director Admits Anyone with Coronavirus at Time of Death is Counted as a Coronavirus Death

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Depression
Suicide Rates
Spousal and child abuse
Rape
Substance Abuse
Rights infringed
Mass unemployment

But we crushed that curve, eh? Good job everyone. Staying home surely saved so many lives.

God damn Queen logic right there.

El Gringo

Reaction score
More evidence China Virus numbers are being inflated to scare people and make someone look bad

https://nbc25news.com/news/local/cdc-94-of-covid-19-deaths-had-underlying-medical-conditions

"For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.

According to the CDC 9683 died in the United States with only having COVID-19 listed on their death certificate."

Well that's a lot less than the 180,000 that the Almighty scientists/experts/media has been reporting

No wonder why the USA has more deaths than all of Africa.

99% this is never reported in the mainstream.

Now, be a good boy or girl and wear your masks!

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
More evidence China Virus numbers are being inflated to scare people and make someone look bad

https://nbc25news.com/news/local/cdc-94-of-covid-19-deaths-had-underlying-medical-conditions

"For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.

According to the CDC 9683 died in the United States with only having COVID-19 listed on their death certificate."

Well that's a lot less than the 180,000 that the Almighty scientists/experts/media has been reporting

No wonder why the USA has more deaths than all of Africa.

99% this is never reported in the mainstream.

Now, be a good boy or girl and wear your masks!

So, are people with underlying conditions not worthy enough to count as deaths from COVID?

Guess what else doesn’t kill you directly and never did: AIDS.

Nobody dies from AIDS, they die from other conditions because AIDS has compromised their immune systems.

The list of underlying conditions that people who catch COVID die from are very common in
the US.

Obesity is an underlying condition. Americans are fat.

Diabetes and cardio vascular disease are rampant in America.

And, as I’ve also pointed out previously: THE AVERAGE AGE IN AFRICA IS 19. People under 30 are far less likely to die from COVID.

Your interpretation is that we are being purposefully misled, these facts, taken at face value don’t convey to me that narrative.

El Gringo

Reaction score
So, are people with underlying conditions not worthy enough to count as deaths from COVID?

Guess what else doesn’t kill you directly and never did: AIDS.

Nobody dies from AIDS, they die from other conditions because AIDS has compromised their immune systems.

The list of underlying conditions that people who catch COVID die from are very common in
the US.

Obesity is an underlying condition. Americans are fat.

Diabetes and cardio vascular disease are rampant in America.

And, as I’ve also pointed out previously: THE AVERAGE AGE IN AFRICA IS 19. People under 30 are far less likely to die from COVID.

Your interpretation is that we are being purposefully misled, these facts, taken at face value don’t convey to me that narrative.
What about car crashes and shark bites? I guess it’s the COVID that got them

are all the other countries counting COVID deaths the same as the USA by including all deaths with underlying conditions as Covid?

Do other countries give hospitals more money for patients who died from COVID as opposed to any other condition.

Do you realize how inflating the numbers has an impact on lockdown restrictions?

New Threads