Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 950 Posts
    Dems and US main stream media are to be congratulated for their strategy & victory ... they've used a bogus health crisis and misinformation to defeat Trump ... 1 year ago with the best economy on record Trump appeared to have a guaranteed 2nd term in the bag ... amazing that after 3 years of bogus Russia Russia Russia .. then bogus impeachment proceedings ... that they in the end succeeded ...

It will be interesting to see now that Biden and Dems are in power ... just how long the country stays locked down or goes back to lock downs now that Biden is responsible for the economy .. while the control will be very difficult to give up by sending children back to school and people back to work .. the fact is they will be held to the question 4 years from now are you better off ... that answer is nearly always economics based ... will riots be allowed to continue ... and all the BS that has taken place in the past 6 months ... the next year will be very interesting indeed ....
    HRT for life!

The Sage of Science MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 967 Posts
    Exogenous shocks that negatively impact the domestic economy have a habit of taking down the incumbent president if the election is due within 12-15 months of the shock occurring. See Carter, Bush Sr, etc (in relation to oil price shocks) . It has less to do with "strategy" and more to do with bad luck.
    Last edited by MrRippedZilla; 11-04-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    Devout misanthropist.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    Exogenous shocks that negatively impact the domestic economy have a habit of taking down the incumbent president if the election is due within 12-15 months of the shock occurring. See Carter, Bush Sr, etc (in relation to oil price shocks) . It has less to do with "strategy" and more to do with bad luck.
    Bush 41 also had to deal with Read My Lips flip flop .. and Carter certainly was crushed by the huge inflation and a horrible economy as well as appearing week internationally ...

However, 2020 (and all 4 years) is different IMO .. the US press and democratic party conspired to have a duly elected president removed ... 1st with fake news Russia Gate for 3.5 years .. then Impeachment 2020 .. both baseless ... and then weaponized Covid-19 with the specific goal of bringing the US econ to its knees to create Trumps bad luck as you called it ... how else can you explain the massive difference between red vs blue states ... it will be interesting to see what the blue states do over the next 3 months ... I'll bet you see rioting COMPLETELY ENDED by time Biden takes office ... because all racial division has been completed solved (NOT) or perhaps because this instability was encourage so Trump could be blamed ... the past 8 months have been very strategic ... with an intended consequence - that has now come to pass ...
    HRT for life!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to transcend2007 For This Useful Post:

SFGiants (11-04-2020)

The Sage of Science MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 967 Posts
    Originally Posted by transcend2007 View Post
    However, 2020 (and all 4 years) is different IMO .. the US press and democratic party conspired to have a duly elected president removed ... 1st with fake news Russia Gate for 3.5 years .. then Impeachment 2020 .. both baseless ... and then weaponized Covid-19 with the specific goal of bringing the US econ to its knees to create Trumps bad luck as you called it ... how else can you explain the massive difference between red vs blue states ... it will be interesting to see what the blue states do over the next 3 months ... I'll bet you see rioting COMPLETELY ENDED by time Biden takes office ... because all racial division has been completed solved (NOT) or perhaps because this instability was encourage so Trump could be blamed ... the past 8 months have been very strategic ... with an intended consequence - that has now come to pass ...
    I mean, is it really a shock to see the opposition party taking advantage of the current climate in order to get back into office? It's pretty much what you're supposed to do as the opposition. You can bet your bottom dollar that the republicans would've done the same thing.

Trump was defeated, politically, by covid. The exogenous shock. That's the reality of the situation. He was cruising in Jan/Feb but the pandemic hit and all the opposition had to do was walk through the now wide open door, which they did. I consider his response to the pandemic to be reeking of incompetence BUT, no matter what his response would've been, it was always going to be very difficult to win this election. The American people were suffering (in terms of health & economy) and someone was going to have to take the hit for that. It's usually the incumbent president. That's why this this down to bad luck, the timing of the election & pandemic, more than any sort of strategic brilliance from the Dems.

We're in agreement about the media. They've profited massively from this entire pandemic and it doesn't take a genius to work out that, like the UK, the US press leans to the left. And has done for years (pre-Trump even).
    Devout misanthropist.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

Jin (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    We're in agreement about the media. They've profited massively from this entire pandemic and it doesn't take a genius to work out that, like the UK, the US press leans to the left. And has done for years (pre-Trump even).
    Media leaning left would be one thing (and is completely expected) .. the media in the Reagan era leaned left ...

The US media in 2020 is a defacto arm of the democratic party .. they literally suppressed a news story that would have very likely had an impact on the election with less than a month to go .. I posted about it earlier - see Tony Bobulinski on google ... this one example but there are hundreds .. and then you have Big Tech censoring conservative content ... there is going to be a tipping point where there is going to be a conservative uprising ... that point may be far closer than any of us think ...
    HRT for life!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to transcend2007 For This Useful Post:

Jin (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,881 Times in 6,889 Posts
    It will be interesting to see how this period in time is viewed decades from now.

You are not entitled to your opinion.
    You are entitled to your informed opinion.
    No one is entitled to be ignorant.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Ortiz5678 (11-06-2020),transcend2007 (11-04-2020)

Thanks
    F U C K masks
    I donít get bigger. Everyone around me get smaller.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gringo For This Useful Post:

Ortiz5678 (11-06-2020)

Thanks
    So I saw today that 250,000 Americans have died from Covid. Are these BS numbers or real?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by white ape View Post
    So I saw today that 250,000 Americans have died from Covid. Are these BS numbers or real?
    All depends on what you believe. There is no objective truth anymore.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    All depends on what you believe. There is no objective truth anymore.
    sounds fair

Thanks
    You should listen to Joe Roganís podcast that aired this afternoon https://open.spotify.com/episode/56G...R2mNTuItMHFHJw

The outlook for our country over the next 2 years is grim. What do the scientist know? We Americans are invincible!

No Kung flu gonna keep us from having
    a Super Bowl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    You should listen to Joe Rogan’s podcast that aired this afternoon https://open.spotify.com/episode/56G...R2mNTuItMHFHJw

The outlook for our country over the next 2 years is grim. What do the scientist know? We Americans are invincible!

No Kung flu gonna keep us from having
    a Super Bowl
    I will check it out.

I haven’t watched a super bowl in 4 years. So that doesn’t bother me

thought there was supposed to be a vaccine any day now. Still think we need to go with herd immunity and get this done with

Thanks
    I will check it out.

I haven’t watched a super bowl in 4 years. So that doesn’t bother me

thought there was supposed to be a vaccine any day now. Still think we need to go with herd immunity and get this done with
    Two very promising vaccines announced a week after the election. Curious timing

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

BrotherJ (11-19-2020),white ape (11-18-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,632 Times in 3,810 Posts
    Covid related:
    Olympia relocated to Florida just 4 weeks from show date.
    Worlds Strongest Man was just in Florida as well.

Last edited by Gibsonator; 11-18-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    Way Better looking than Trump

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gibsonator For This Useful Post:

CJ275 (11-19-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 2,870 Posts
    Originally Posted by Gibsonator View Post
    Covid related:
    Olympia relocated to Florida just 4 weeks from show date.
    Worlds Strongest Man was just in Florida as well.

What'd you do Pickle?!?

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132