Mr. Olympia 2013 Discussion

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Who are you guys pulling for to be the new Mr. Olympia?
I really want Kai to get a Sandow, but it's gonna be hard to top Phil. Those two are definitely going to be top 2 though. Jay is getting passed up by the younger guys, Branch continues to make himself look more and more like a meat fridge, Dennis has been stagnant, Dexter's been degressing, and Vic just got out of a 7 month stint in the slammer.
Thoughts?

Edit: Mr. Olympia lol. Dyslexic as shit.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Re: Mr. Olypmia 2013 Discussion

Since he started working with George Farah Kai Greene seems to be getting better, I'm hoping Kai will win the show.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Since he started working with George Farah Kai Greene seems to be getting better, I'm hoping Kai will win the show.

Politics will never allow that.

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score

I think Phil just put on enough size and balanced his water over 2010. He just barely beat Jay last year however he is actually still growing and could likely distance himself this year from the pack. Its will be interesting to see.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I think Phil just put on enough size and balanced his water over 2010. He just barely beat Jay last year however he is actually still growing and could likely distance himself this year from the pack. Its will be interesting to see.
Yeah I'm sure we have yet to see the best of Phil.
True story...

You don't get to make sweet love to a grapefruit and then be Mr. O
This is true, and it's a pretty shitty situation. There is way too much politics involved with it. It'd be nice to see the judges make a decision based on the physiques, not the persons personal life. It's really just one big scam. They will choose whoever will make them the most money, and right now their cash cow is Phil Heath.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Kai is my go to guy this year. Coming from nothing to something. Dude kills himself everyday to hopefully be the champ someday, and mentally/intelligence wise, dude is a monster.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what about branch?? hes been killing it lately

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Imo Branch has no symmetry. He looks like a mess on stage.

traviswyliedime

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would love for Kai to take it but I see Phil holding onto it. Every time he steps on stage his shows noticeable improvements. The size, symmetry, and conditioning on phil is just unreal

Reaction score
Phil is the guy anyone who wants to be MR O needs to beat and good luck on that for the other guys there. Kai is a great BB ans should be at the end with Phil if justice is made by the judges. He deserves to be there

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
im just glad jay is out of the picture... wasnt a fan

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Recent pic of Phil. HOLY SHIT.
attachment.php

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Phil will win. DUH. It is political to an extent, because he is a Weider athlete. But let's be real, the guy's physique and genetics are in the .00000000000001% of humans. He will be VERY hard to touch. Kai has a tremendous physique and he is a great guy in terms of training philosophy, etc. but he does lack the aesthetics that Phil brings (e.g. Kai has a short torso, odd-looking waist, small(er) delts).

Kai will take second, unless someone comes out of nowhere and surprises us (e.g. Centopani or Cedric McMillan). Branch looks terrible IMO.

Victor may actually surprise us...he lost a lot of size, which means he'll probably come hard with the conditioning if he competes (think early Victor physique)...which may be what is needed to compete with Phil.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Phil will win. DUH. It is political to an extent, because he is a Weider athlete. But let's be real, the guy's physique and genetics are in the .00000000000001% of humans. He will be VERY hard to touch. Kai has a tremendous physique and he is a great guy in terms of training philosophy, etc. but he does lack the aesthetics that Phil brings (e.g. Kai has a short torso, odd-looking waist, small(er) delts).

Kai will take second, unless someone comes out of nowhere and surprises us (e.g. Centopani or Cedric McMillan). Branch looks terrible IMO.

Victor may actually surprise us...he lost a lot of size, which means he'll probably come hard with the conditioning if he competes (think early Victor physique)...which may be what is needed to compete with Phil.

I'd shit bricks if Victor took it after all that happened to him. I think he's got a great physique.
I'm glad you mentioned Cedric. He's quickly becoming one of my favorites. In a couple years he will be a serious contender for the Sandow. He's not just a mass monster like a lot of the other guys, and he actually cares about proportions and symmetry. Not to mention he's a stand up guy with a great attitude.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with above ^ Phil is just on another level. I feel Kai is the one only that at this moment could give Phil some issues but if and when victor gets back game is over! Puneta! Plantano power in here:))

traviswyliedime

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i bet if Kai came in looking like he did at the 09 or 10 arnold he could take the olympia!

New Threads