How to minimize acne from gear

Reaction score
Hey yall I was wondering what kind of tips or methods work for minimizing acne breakouts while on cycle..?

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Hey yall I was wondering what kind of tips or methods work for minimizing acne breakouts while on cycle..?

Never had an acne issue while on
Or any other time,
I would assume
Try a acne cleanses product,
Maybe alcohol,
Drinking more water

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I used to get it bad, nasty cystic acne, the kind that hurts and bleeds and you can only wear black shirts. I would get it on Testosterone only cycles, anything above high trt doses. Even had to go to the Dr once to have one cut and drained. It was on my back, it was like a fukkin golf ball under my skin, it was painful.

None of the topical cleansers worked, not benzoyl peroxide, not salicylic acic, not dish soap, not even topical antibiotics. I did run a course of oral minocycline once, and it helped a little, but nothing to write home about.

I had to drop my TRT dose down to a minimal level, 100mg per week, and it took a LONG time for all the acne to heal. I thought about Accutane, glad I never took it.

After researching a ton, I came up with a plan/experiment. Keep the Test doses low on cycle, and try other compounds that were low androgenic to see if that what was triggering it with me.

I've since run 400mg NPP, and 50mg Anavar, and 400mg NPP with 40mg Anavar, alongside 200mg of Test, and had no acne issues.

I also tried 50mg Tren Ace EOD alongside 50mg EOD Test, and I had minor acne flare ups, more the annoying kind than the nasty type. I was pretty clear skinned for about 6 weeks, then the acne came on for about 2 weeks, then settled down (but still present) for the last few weeks. (So maybe shorter cycles if running a high androgenic compound, get in and out before the acne gets bad???) Tren is highly androgenic, but I only used a small amount, compared to what others have run.

Just my experience dealing with this pain in the ass problem.

Last edited:

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I'm still battling acne as a adult. On and Off gear.

I use a few products. Took me a while to get a good routine for skin care. It's not as bad as it used to be. I have my breakouts.

Things that I like to do and products I use:
1. exfoliating facial scrub - 3 - 4x a day
2. la roche posay facial wash - i don't know if yous have that in the states 3 - 4x a day
3. zinc 2x day
4. toner 2x a day
5. scar serum - every so often, especially if I had lanced a pimple 2x a week
6. baking soda. i just take the scrubs, mix them, pour a little baking soda, wet, rub in pals of my hands, and wash my face 1x a day
7. exfoliating scrub pad, for my face. and I use a long towel for my body.
8. I only use bar soap, and I shower 2 to 3x a day.
9. I have a lotion from the doctor, i'll have to check what it's called. you can use 10% benzoyl peroxide
10. Dont touch. that's the hardest thing. keep your skin clean. and if it feels oily, just wash it. Sometimes at work, I can't use facial wash, i just use the hand washing soap - it's not good but, it's better than nothing.

I also notice when I eat more tomatoes.. I don't break out bad. Lots of things you can use. Just need to find what's best for you. I do HIGHLY recommend the la roche posay product.

Tanning helps as well.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I tried everything and I still get them really bad I’m the back of my head painful ones unless I use Doxycycline that’s the only thing that works that I have tried you need a prescription for it when I’m on it clear as shit once I ran out back to the pimples. Thanks for reminding me have to schedule a dr apt to get some refills. Try it guarantee it works once you take it for a week or so all starts clearing up.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
My family doc gives me benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin gel 5%/1%

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I don’t really have any acne to speak of while on. I shower a couple times a day though on training days.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here are the facts ... if you are prone to acne testosterone is going to be side you experience ... I am 53 years old and have moderate ance at all times due to running 200mg of test weekly on trt ... all things mentioned on this thread are ways to deal with acne ... over 3 decades dealing with acne I can report there is a direct correlation to hormone use ... while diet ... showers / cleansing may be applied ... they will have little affect if you're genetically prone ... ance is a side of testosterone ... you'll have to decide if the benefits outweigh the down side ...

Reactions: CJ

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I had no idea this was such a prevalent side. Sorry guys. Looks like G has the list of things pretty well wrapped up.

Gabriel

Reaction score
For me anything above 800mgs of Test I start getting it bad........I've seen 100 threads about this over the years and this is what works for me....1-more frequent showers(2-4 aday)....2-Almond soap...normally,if really bad a scrub,but never more than once a day(it drys me out super bad).......3-If I notice oily skin during the day and can't shower I use some medicated wipes........

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Accutane is literally the only thing that will work for me. Doxycycline didnt do shit lol.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
accutane is literally the only thing that will work for me. Doxycycline didnt do shit lol.

took a week or so to kick in but worked on me will ask for both next visit test that one out.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
I get acne from gear. Even at 200/wk I broke out.

Sure you can try scrubs and creams and snake oils and everything else but that did nothing.

Accutane is the only way to go if you want it gone completely. 20mg for 2 months will wipe it clean.

There are many side effects that come with accutane though, do your research before taking it. I think it's very hard to get a doc to even prescribe it.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Just on your face or also your shoulders, back and chest?

shoulders, back, sometimes chest...

This cycle was just test and npp... I didn't break out as bad as I did last year. Last year I ran a high dose NPP and var, and it was so bad.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
shoulders, back, sometimes chest...

This cycle was just test and npp... I didn't break out as bad as I did last year. Last year I ran a high dose NPP and var, and it was so bad.

Ok, not what I was thinking. Sometimes rosacea can cause something like that but it's mostly on the face.