White Ape 2020 Log

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
. My fat is high due to the foods I eat so that offsets the lack of carbs and helps with energy. (nuts, avocados, peanut butter) Tough to get all my protein without going over on calories though. Possibly due to the fact that I am new at tracking all this. Suggestions?

You'll figure it out, but lots of meats have protein and fats, while nuts/avocado are almost all fat. Maybe occasionally add some steak instead of nuts/avocado? Or eggs with the yolk? Fatty fish, like wild caught salmon? All those have decent amounts of fats for energy too.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
You'll figure it out, but lots of meats have protein and fats, while nuts/avocado are almost all fat. Maybe occasionally add some steak instead of nuts/avocado? Or eggs with the yolk? Fatty fish, like wild caught salmon? All those have decent amounts of fats for energy too.

hahah I was actually trying to eat a little less red meat. I eat it almost every day at least one meal. Switch it up with some chicken and pork. I eat 3-4 full eggs everyday. I do not believe in egg whites only. No nuts today and half an avocado. Ate Chicken, Steak, pork chops, and full eggs today. I ended up going past what my fitness pal suggested for protein intake. Went past the fat intake as well though.

My eating was just not on point when I replied earlier. Had only eaten like 650 calories by that point. Will probably still try to back down the fats and add some protein.

Thanks CJ. You always trying to help everyone. It is appreciated

Last edited:

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Workout:
30 minutes treadmill, 3% @ 3.7mph

Swings and goblet squats - 23 minutes - felt good - grip sucks
Still feels like not enough work so added the below

Incline DB press 4x8 55# DB
Lat pull down 3x8 120#
DB curl 3x10 25# DB
Tricep pressdown 3x10 55#
Reverse Bar curl 3x10 45#
Overhead tricep rope extensions 3x10 40#

Food:
2504 cal
196 P
191 C
111 F

Reactions: CJ

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Ape, I love the overhead rope extensions. Elbows don't make noise and it feels great. Not to mention how it engages the core better than a regular pushdown. Good work, brother!

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I really lost steam when my gym shut down. To be honest with everyone, I managed to do the body weight workouts for about a month before they got stale for me. At that point I was stuck at home and just started drinking by noon each day. I put 15 pounds back on over the next couple months. I now sit back up at 205-210 depending on the day. I’m starting to get back into the swing of things. Went on TRT, not
drinking during the week (still drinking on weekends though), eating cleaner, but still need to find a gym.

not a post feeling sorry for myself. It’s my log and I just want to be honest with everyone that has followed. I ****ed up and I failed. Again. I am starting to rectify the situation.

Moving forward:

TRT - doc has bumped me to 150mg Test C per
week. One shot. Also taking one mg tablet of anastrozol with my shot. This coming Monday will be the new dose level. I wanted to go to 200mg but my doctor didn’t even call and discuss it it with me. Just bumped me to 150.

My original test levels were at 132. Range was 250-800. At 4 weeks with 100mg dose my test levels were up to 311, but my estrogen was slightly above nomral
as well.

Diet - so far not back to tracking calories. Eating smaller proportions. I could use some
advice on how to track calories when your wife wants to make stews, soups, and grain dishes with multiple ingredients in them? Do I have to steer clear of all of this and just cook all my food separately? What about when cooking a large chunk of meat like a roast or 3 pound skirt steak? How does one manage to break it down and track those calories/macros?

exercise - moving a lot more. Now that I’m working I’m walk more and I’m the heat more. That’s good. My gym did this soft opening which had so many stipulations that I cancelled. Today my goal is food shopping as well as finding a new gym that isn’t bullshit.

Current goals -
stop drinking (it’s a difficult one for me)

figure out how to track my eating without having totally separate meals from my wife. This may not be possible.

start back in a new gym with a 3 day a week total body program. Was doing on that I loved before covid. Was getting rapidly stronger and felt good.

any and all advice is appreciated.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
The advice is easy the execution is hard.

Make your goals.
Determine your sacrifices.
Define your schedule (sleep, training, rest)
Stop eating your wife’s food and prep your own.

Use discipline to be consistent eveyday for three to four weeks.

Now your discipline is habit. Done.

You’re a smart guy. You already knew all the things I wrote above. Now somebody has told you to do it. So do it.

*IMO a life of discipline should be multifaceted. Mind/Body/Spirit. Pick out some flaws you’d like to get rid of. Weaknesses you no longer wish to put up with. Work on those while you are in the intense period of making physical discipline a habit.

You got
this.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Just get back on track, this period will become nothing more than a blip as time moves on.

Quit the drinking and start food prepping. Less decisions you have to make, the less chances to go off the rails.

In regards to the wife's mixed meals, I'll tell you what I do. I eat 5 meals per day, the first 4 I cook for myself, so I know exactly what's in them. Most dinners the wife cooks them. Often it's a mixed food mess, like yours. Sometimes it's even vegan, so it's definitely a wildcard. If I didn't eat it, she'd think that I was an asshole, so that's not an option. Plus.... If I'm not cooking, I'm not complaining.

What she'll do though, is leave whatever boxes, cans, mixes, etc... on the counter(don't forget to ask if she used oils or butter), so I can track all that and divide it by the number of meals that it yielded. It's a rough estimate, but it gets you in the ballpark. And unless you're prepping for a show, ballpark is plenty good enough.

I'll usually leave myself ~800 calories for her dinners. If it goes over, it won't be by much, and I can just have a few less Cals the following day to offset it. If it's under, well then I add a snack to it, maybe an apple and a piece of string cheese for example.

Just get back to making good decisions!!!

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Good advice CJ and Jin. You’re right. It all comes down to one thing - DO IT. I either do or I don’t.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
It sure why I can’t edit my own posts in my log.... anyway.

cals 2488
protein 156
carbs 239
fat 104

Had a lot of eggs, dairy and ribeye today. Want to keep my fats lower. Just saw Jins post about some wizardry called a sous vid machine or something. Gonna go do some research

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Day 3: no alcohol

total cals 2350
protein 194
carbs 163
fat 93

spent time with my wife and kid. Meal prepped for the week. Went on a couple walks. ~3 miles overall. Still looking for a gym

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Day 4 - no booze

2241 total cals
Protein 163
carbs 202
fat 80

feel a little hungry most of the day. Fell short on protein. Should be up around 200. Finally came in under on my fats.

should have mentioned current weight when I started the log again. Was at ~210. Caloric goal each day is 2460. I’m trying to stay a bit below that. Like 2300ish

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Good job on dropping the booze.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks CJ. This is only day 5, but so far so good.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks dude. Think I found a gym. A little hardcore one. Gonna check it out after work. The owner coached for USA weightlifting and USA powerlifting. They got strong man equipment as well.

Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: CJ

New Threads