White Ape 2020 Log

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Were you on Anastrozole before? Hefty dose to start, and most need none at that dose of Test.

i started with 100mg test C. Four week bloods showed elevated E levels. My test levels were still down at 311. Pre-TRT they were 143. Range 250-800. So he put me on 1mg anastrozol taken same time as injection and bumped me to 150mg.

A week later at our follow up I asked to go up to 200mg test C because my T levels were still so low. He agreed, but also bumped the anastrozol to 2mg taken same time as shot.

I thought it was a premature thing to do, but I have bloods in a couple more weeks to check it all out. I would have liked to see if 1mg had worked with the 200mg dose.

i felt the effects of elevated estrogen. Didn’t like it. Not one bit. I know that low estrogen can be an issue as well. What are the symptoms of low estrogen?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What are the symptoms of low estrogen?

I got really painful joints, especially my elbows. I believe sexual dysfunction can happen too. Also, sufficient estrogen is part of the muscle building process.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Right on. I knew I didn’t want to crash my estrogen. Have to have healthy levels. My body loves to produce it though!

we will see what happens. Got three weeks until a blood work. Doc will adjust me from there.

thanks CJ

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Bench day

4x8x135. Working form. I have never benched like this before. Shoulder blades tucked, arch in back, pressing with my heels, grip as wide as allowed. All new. It will take a bit getting used to. Shoulder felt good though. It was a huge concern for me. Haven’t done much benching in the last couple years. Dumbbells here and there.

4x8 hammer incline press machine
4x8 barbell front raise
4x8 machine lateral raise
4x8 rear felt machine.

this coach does not want me to do any over head lifting. Totally against it. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I always enjoyed putting weight overhead.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Bench day

4x8x135. Working form. I have never benched like this before. Shoulder blades tucked, arch in back, pressing with my heels, grip as wide as allowed. All new. It will take a bit getting used to. Shoulder felt good though. It was a huge concern for me. Haven’t done much benching in the last couple years. Dumbbells here and there.

4x8 hammer incline press machine
4x8 barbell front raise
4x8 machine lateral raise
4x8 rear felt machine.

this coach does not want me to do any over head lifting. Totally against it. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I always enjoyed putting weight overhead.

That style of benching will help prolong your shoulder if you keep doing it right. Hopefully he'll incorporate shoulder rotation exercises to help keep them healthy for you.

Overhead pressing varies person to person. My last coach didn't do them either. So, he didn't prescribe them. You can still build your bench fine without them, I believe. Keep working technique, and the numbers will keep growing.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
That style of benching will help prolong your shoulder if you keep doing it right. Hopefully he'll incorporate shoulder rotation exercises to help keep them healthy for you.

Overhead pressing varies person to person. My last coach didn't do them either. So, he didn't prescribe them. You can still build your bench fine without them, I believe. Keep working technique, and the numbers will keep growing.

thanks man. Appreciate the words. My shoulder felt well during the workout. Not sure what the full plan is. I know the only day he wants shoulders worked is on bench day. Zero other shoulder work during the week. He says that shoulders are the number one injury. He wants to balance my muscles there and keep them healthy. I can appreciate that and have trust in him. Just enjoyed putting weight overhead before. Like he said though, can’t get points in a PL meet by over head pressing

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Deadlift day again.

warm up followed by

4x8x225 deadlift
4x8 lat pulldown
4x8 hammer machine row
4x8 seated leg curl
4x15 knee raises

form is getting better. Colorado has now mandated masks in public places. Mask + 95 degrees + no AC = fun and sweaty deadlift day

oh yeah! Two weeks no drinking.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Deadlift day. My left hip is tight and hurting. It was difficult to squat down enough to get into a good position. It was from crease of butt cheek to the front of leg crease. Not the pain is all down my outer thigh.

Deads 4x8x245
lat pull down 4x8
rows 4x8
leg curl 4x8
knee raises 3x15

three weeks with no booze. Can’t lie, I crave it at times. All in all, life has been better without it though. Still would savor the fuk out of a beer or whiskey though. Oh well.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Three weeks!!!

Keep it going!!!

Reaction score
Deadlift day. My left hip is tight and hurting. It was difficult to squat down enough to get into a good position. It was from crease of butt cheek to the front of leg crease. Not the pain is all down my outer thigh.

Deads 4x8x245
lat pull down 4x8
rows 4x8
leg curl 4x8
knee raises 3x15

three weeks with no booze. Can’t lie, I crave it at times. All in all, life has been better without it though. Still would savor the fuk out of a beer or whiskey though. Oh well.

Man I was having similar pain a few leg days ago, and I noticed it was at a time where I had really been doing no stretching before my workouts. So for the next leg day I did about 3-4 mins of stretching and it seemed to be fine.

Congrats on the sobriety. I know it can be hard. Do you think you might be an alcoholic? (I know this is a general term that takes on a lot of different forms, but I think in general people who call themselves alcoholics have a more difficult time staying sober than normal folks.)

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Man I was having similar pain a few leg days ago, and I noticed it was at a time where I had really been doing no stretching before my workouts. So for the next leg day I did about 3-4 mins of stretching and it seemed to be fine.

Congrats on the sobriety. I know it can be hard. Do you think you might be an alcoholic? (I know this is a general term that takes on a lot of different forms, but I think in general people who call themselves alcoholics have a more difficult time staying sober than normal folks.)

i don’t really consider myself to be an alcoholic. By standard definition, most would probably call me that though. I haven’t had a drink in 3 weeks and I went cold turkey. No withdrawals or anything. Other than a thirst that could only be quenched with a cocktail. So I was never addicted on a physical level. I think I just like getting fukked up and escaping from reality.

humans have been finding ways to alter their reality since man first walked. It’s in our nature. It’s fun until you can’t control how much you do it or to what level. I was really just at the point where I had a difficult time regulating the amount I was consuming.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score

the pain started when I switched to sumo deadlift. Maybe muscles and tendons that normally didn’t get worked are now taking a beating due to leg angle

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
the pain started when I switched to sumo deadlift. Maybe muscles and tendons that normally didn’t get worked are now taking a beating due to leg angle

Very well could be the reason. The area in the back you describe sounds like the ham glute tie in. So, be cautious with sumo, or any wide stance lifting until your hams/glutes are building up.

I had a similar problem with alcohol years ago. To the point i used it as an escape. Then, it started to become a problem. Soon it will be all behind you, and one day if you want, you can enjoy a cocktail or whatever without it being hindrance.

Keep pushing brother

New Threads