If you think you have Coronavirus

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
*mild cases are 80%. These range from asymptotic to “this is the worst illness I’ve ever had, please let me die”. Mild means no hospitalization. If you have ARDS and need assistance breathing, you get admitted. Otherwise you tough it out or don’t even realize you have it.

Isolate yourself at home.

If you must go out wear a mask to keep your particulate to yourself.

Do not go to the hospital!

Unless you are having difficulty breathing you do not need to go to the hospital

If you are having difficulty breathing call ahead to the hospital and ask what protocol to follow to be admitted/seen.

It would be exceedingly rare for any of you to need treatment. Stay away from hospitals unless absolutely necessary.

Two reasons for this:
They are hot spots for infection
At some point they will be overrun.

Don't put undue burden on the medical system and don’t be lackadaisical about keeping your germs to yourself.

This virus will go through the population of the USA (and the world). A slower rate of infection will lessen the chances the hospitals will be overrun.

Do your part to keep the infection rate lower and the hospitals free to handle the most severe cases (both virus related and normal emergencies).

EDITS:
DO NOT TAKE NSAIDS https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6mHi_8V5E
LET THE FEVER RUN ITS COURSEhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4eu-h_owaI
WEAR A MASK. LIMITING YOUR INITAL INOCULATE IS LIFE SAVING. (Starting with a small initial viral load) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cFB_C2ieW5I&t=12s

Last edited:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Curious if you've heard the death rate now being considered much lower due to healthy people under 60 years of age having mild cases or actually being asymptomatic neither tested or counted in any reporting ...

In fact if countries started reporting auto fatalities daily people would be asked to stopped driving immediately because the cry wolfers and sky is falling crowd would demand it ... how can more than 3,200 fatal auto accidents be allowed to happen day in and day out ... we need to close all the roads immediately ... may I recommend a mullet until all auto accidents are stopped ... after all they are 100% preventable ... correct ...?

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Curious if you've heard the death rate now being considered much lower due to healthy people under 60 years of age having mild cases or actually being asymptomatic neither tested or counted in any reporting ...

In fact if countries started reporting auto fatalities daily people would be asked to stopped driving immediately because the cry wolfers and sky is falling crowd would demand it ... how can more than 3,200 fatal auto accidents be allowed to happen day in and day out ... we need to close all the roads immediately ... may I recommend a mullet until all auto accidents are stopped ... after all they are 100% preventable ... correct ...?

The fatality rate could definitely be less than the current data suggests. Let’s hope this is the case.

Do you wear a seat belt? Do you drive drunk or under heavy medication?

The information I am providing and the actions I am extolling this community to engage in are akin to me saying “don’t drive drunk and wear your seatbelt”.

Easy ways to prevent unnecessary harm.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't forget no texting and driving or fatigue driving ...

My point is 100,000 deaths happen monthly due to car accidents ... it's a tragedy ... in fact far more young people die needlessly... but it is life ... humans are mortal ... flawed and make mistakes ... we also get sick and the majority survive ... we cannot panick or live in fear ... it does not help ...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Don't forget no texting and driving or fatigue driving ...

My point is 100,000 deaths happen monthly due to car accidents ... it's a tragedy ... in fact far more young people die needlessly... but it is life ... humans are mortal ... flawed and make mistakes ... we also get sick and the majority survive ... we cannot panick or live in fear ... it does not help ...

I can assure you that I am not panicked. Nor am I fearful. Nor am I trying to spread either sentiment among you all.

What’s wrong with posting clear, scientific information so that people can be informed?

You should be clear with those numbers you are using: you are using Global Totals. People may think you are using numbers from the USA only.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Yes! Driving under the influence of any drug, incl. alcohol, scripted stuff, and recs gets a fair amount of bad press, but talking on the phone or texting is just starting, barely, to cause some peer pressure backlash.

I'll add driving while your precious 10lb dog helps you steer to that list.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, Jin. Obviously folks have different thoughts on the media’s presentation - and it’s nice to have something direct and non-biased out there just for the sake of helping people.

Good precautions to take no matter what - but especially for those of us in metropolitan areas in which it’s starting to become a real issue.

Reactions: Jin

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I live in a very isolated part of the world, but people here are still panic buying toilet paper for some reason, like the shelves are bare. Only thing is Corona virus doesn't give you the runs....

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
I live in a very isolated part of the world, but people here are still panic buying toilet paper for some reason, like the shelves are bare. Only thing is Corona virus doesn't give you the runs....

not to hijack the thread but seeing you say isolated and that your location is “down under” - please tell me you have a cabin in the westernmost outback and live near a family of kangaroos

Blacktail

Reaction score
i live with a home full of girls, so toilet paper is a top priority. And to my knowledge there’s no replacement for it. Ferns can work, but I’m sure a girl does not want to wipe the good stuff with a fern lol

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Americans are fukking idiots . Until it’s smacks them in the face they won’t believe it

So fuking stupid that Corona beer sales has been effected by it real bad, not joking either!

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My issue is many of the facts are unknown about the coronavirus ... and they are being talked about as if they known because big media and others with agendas are doing what they do best ... getting ratings and manipulating people ... things such as death rates or who's at risk are just now being learned and will not be fully known for 3 to 6 months from now ... my issue is with parroting big media far before facts are clearly known ... I'm not sayin you are intentionally providing bad information ... I'm stating the information provided on several threads on this topic are best conjecture not fact ... simply because the facts are not known ...

I've not heard you mention anything about medications being tested as we spreak or other things that are effectively working (or will be shortly) ... I've heard it's likely 45 million people will be dead soon ... and you have the white paper to prove it ... that is simply not helpful or true ...

I'd simply suggest waiting until facts come out about under reporting of mild cases and asyatemac people who are carries but never become I'll themselve ... the RO may be 2-3 ... but the death rate is under 1% or .5% this is no different than the yearly flu ... I'd like to have more facts ... I'm all for taking precautions ... but what the world is doing now is something different ... people are scared because they dont have facts ... they have big media hyping things up for better ratings ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
How bad is it here in the states? I haven’t done any research just seen random posts on here and a few things on the news. Some guy I work with thinks it’s a big deal and I’m like dude calm down.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
My issue is many of the facts are unknown about the coronavirus ... and they are being talked about as if they known because big media and others with agendas are doing what they do best ... getting ratings and manipulating people ... things such as death rates or who's at risk are just now being learned and will not be fully known for 3 to 6 months from now ... my issue is with parroting big media far before facts are clearly known ... I'm not sayin you are intentionally providing bad information ... I'm stating the information provided on several threads on this topic are best conjecture not fact ... simply because the facts are not known ...my sources aren’t big media. As I’ve stated. I have a PhD in Public Health from John’s Hopkins on my team who worked for the DoD and State Department. She still has inside contacts. I’ve also read dozens of published (some peer reviewed, some not) medical papers. From what I’ve seen Big media has no idea how great an effect this virus is going to have. If anything they seem to be underplaying it or uninformed.

I've not heard you mention anything about medications being tested as we spreak or other things that are effectively working (or will be shortly) ... I've heard it's likely 45 million people will be dead soon ... and you have the white paper to prove it ... that is simply not helpful or true .there are some antiviral used for AIDS that have some promise but there is not enough data for me to comment. Vaccines are at least 12 months from being available to the public. There is a lengthy and extensive testing phase required by the FDA. Many first runs result in fatalities from the actual vaccine.

the only effective treatments are keeping people alive through mechanical intervention. People not at risk of death don’t require treatment.

I'd simply suggest waiting until facts come out about under reporting of mild cases and asyatemac people who are carries but never become I'll themselve ... the RO may be 2-3 ... but the death rate is under 1% or .5% this is no different than the yearly flu ... I'd like to have more facts ... I'm all for taking precautions ... but what the world is doing now is something different ... people are scared because they dont have facts ... they have big media hyping things up for better ratings ...

^^see above in BOLD^^^

Here is a fact for you. The death rate for influenza is 0.1%.

1% (a number lower than any scientist has claimed) is 10 times 0.1%. So, very different than the common flu.

We’ll have to agree to disagree from here on out.

here is a great unbiased source for factual information. I watch this guy daily https://m.youtube.com/user/MEDCRAMvideos

Last edited:

andy

Elite
Reaction score
I'm pretty safe to say that we as individuals involved with sport are i no danger. Just stay away from uknown places , wash hands, keep clean. Keep safe people. love yall!!