Do I need to come off of higher doses of testosterone?

pavkica

Reaction score
Hello guys, do I need to come off 500mg testosterone/week? I thought not to, now been almost 8 months on it, just cycle on/off orals and other stuff...

Is it beneficial to take time off? If yes - what is the reason, 3 possible reasons can be right?:

- gains wise, clean up the receptors

- health wise

- fertility wise

As far health goes I'm not sure but 500mg testosterone should be pretty safe to run all the time? Fertility wise also, just take some time off maybe once a year 1-2month off to remind hpta to run fully again. As far as I know nandrolones (deca durabolin are trenbolone) are worst for fertility because they turn off sperm production completely 100%, while testosterone is only like 90% shut downer so user still has some sperm production.

Now main question is the gains. If I take 2-3 months off, should I get new muscle after that? I've been contemplating about it a lot and still not sure, because that 3 months off is time-wasting, maintaining current muscle size in best case scenario, but probably would lose some muscle and strength... then after that 3 months starting testosterone again - waiting for the gear to kick in, waiting for strength to come back, can be 5 months to continue progress from the baseline of muscle where i stopped...

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
What about blood work??? My crit just came back at 56 after approx 12 weeks into cruise of 200mg yest cyp e4d. No one can tell you how this will effect your health only blood work will

pavkica

Reaction score
everything fine, crit 0.484 (range is 0.415-0.530) just some elevated liver enzymes and slightly changed lipids probably from period of dianabol

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I would drop down to a cruise dose for a while then before you up it back to blast. 500mg for long periods will eventually cause health concerns

everything fine, crit 0.484 (range is 0.415-0.530) just some elevated liver enzymes and slightly changed lipids probably from period of dianabol

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I think you should come down to trt levels (100-200mg) for at least a few months

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
A long one, at Trump's request... :32 (20):

You could be causing alot of systemic issues, that won't show up until later.

Do you regularly get full bloodwork, like 2-3 times per year? Are you comparing each and every thing over time, seeing if there's a trend of things going up or down on that bloodwork? Just because something is in the normal range, doesn't mean that everything is ok. If there's a clear and obvious trend on a marker, you'd want to fix it BEFORE it's out of range.

Do you take your blood pressure often? I mean almost daily. This is a big one, can kill you fast. Or impact up your kidneys over time, which don't repair themselves.

Do you regularly have your prostate checked? It's very receptive to high androgens, and cancer will probably develop over time.

How about these gains you're worried about. Are you a 275 lb mass monster, lean and ripped, and need to preserve these gains because you're a professional, and risking your health is part of the job? Or is it just a psychological issue?

Most of us have found that when trying to put on size, that there's a plateau you hit, where the body just doesn't want to respond anymore how we want. The typical thing at this point is to come off, hang onto the progress for awhile, then make another run later. From my understanding, it's not that the androgen receptors down regulate. I believe I have read that the body actually increases AR as more AAS is in the body, and less AR when there's less AAS. So by reasoning, if you come off, the receptor density will decrease, so when you do go back on, the number of receptors will increase again, helping future gains. I'd rather do that, than just keeping on piling more and more drugs on top.

I'm my opinion, you have it completely backwards. The majority of the year should be on TRUE trt doses(or off), for health and vitality purposes, then 1-2x per year you do a blast, if that's part of your goals, make your gains and move on.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I regularly have my prostate checked.

Gabriel

Reaction score
That's just not healthy in the long game...............Yeah ,,,today you're fine but in a yr or two,,things may surface...plus ,what dose are you planning on running to blast.......no less than 750-800.............What I"ve experienced and have seen ,,is the longer you are ON(dose is important),,,the bigger chances for problems.....problems that don't go away...Risk vs. Reward.........always Brother..!!

pavkica

Reaction score
I'll use this corona quarantine to go some time off, planned 6 weeks off from last pin of 500mg testosterone enanthate, starting 4th week from last pin ill use one bottle of hcg 5000 (1000 every other day) and 20mg nolvadex every day for 3 weeks.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I regularly have my prostate checked.

This should be a separate thread Jin.

OP ... google around a bit on LVH ... Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. Check its causes and its effects. Not something you can feel or see in your blood work, but its not our friend, and supra-physiological Test levels can cause it.

pavkica

Reaction score
Well in my opinion anyone NOT concerned about fertility has no business taking steroids

pavkica

Reaction score
one of the main negative sides of using steroids is possible sterilisation of the man or at least lowering his fertility, if you dont / wont or cant understand that - I will not bother trying explaining it to you

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
one of the main negative sides of using steroids is possible sterilisation of the man or at least lowering his fertility, if you dont / wont or cant understand that - I will not bother trying explaining it to you

Gee, thanks for the knowledge.

My point is this: I am infertile and was before I started using AAS.

I am NOT concerned about fertility.

So, with your logic, I have no business taking steroids?

why?

i know it’s a language barrier thing. I like keeping you on your toes.

pavkica

Reaction score
any steroid user not concerned about his fertility - means he will be using them without precautions about fertility or use steroids without doing steps of trying to preserve his fertility as much as possible - should not use steroids. if you don't believe me that is the problem - check inside your heart, ask God, or at least ask your parents or mom grandma girlfriend wife what do they think about it, theyll tell you

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
any steroid user not concerned about his fertility - means he will be using them without precautions about fertility or use steroids without doing steps of trying to preserve his fertility as much as possible - should not use steroids. if you don't believe me that is the problem - check inside your heart, ask God, or at least ask your parents or mom grandma girlfriend wife what do they think about it, theyll tell you

Got it. I’ll go ask my grandma.

Thanks for reading post #16

pavkica

Reaction score
wrong, i know what i stated, contradicted last post on previous page.

but i appreciate grammar and language fixes, keep reading my posts and revise whats written, tnx

New Threads