Stock Market Chat

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I originally said that I didn't see the drop going past 30% under any circumstances. I was wrong. The global economic suicide pact that I feared now means a 35% drop is the minimum. How quickly things change.

The lesson: never underestimate the stupidity of humans. You may think they're idiots, as I do, but rest assured they will prove to be far thicker than you expected. Sigh.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I originally said that I didn't see the drop going past 30% under any circumstances. I was wrong. The global economic suicide pact that I feared now means a 35% drop is the minimum. How quickly things change.

The lesson: never underestimate the stupidity of humans. You may think they're idiots, as I do, but rest assured they will prove to be far thicker than you expected. Sigh.

So you're telling me to... sell?

I hope I wouldn't need to specifically say I'm being sarcastic but, I'm being sarcastic.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I dabble in day trading. These pump n' dumps have been a money making dream these last few weeks - when SPY hits a low load up on calls, when it hits a high load up on puts. Plenty of people making good money on all this volatility, although premiums are insane right now.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dabble in day trading. These pump n' dumps have been a money making dream these last few weeks - when SPY hits a low load up on calls, when it hits a high load up on puts. Plenty of people making good money on all this volatility, although premiums are insane right now.

And here I've learned me dating strategy in high school has a name...

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
When amazon climbed over 2k i set my stop market at 2k to sell half my shares. That locked all my gains in plus some. My only regret during this pullback is that I hesitated on pulling the trigger on buying more AMZN. Now it's back up in the 1800 range.. that and netflix..

Reaction score
When amazon climbed over 2k i set my stop market at 2k to sell half my shares. That locked all my gains in plus some. My only regret during this pullback is that I hesitated on pulling the trigger on buying more AMZN. Now it's back up in the 1800 range.. that and netflix..

Not getting back in yet, but I can see how these companies could fare well during quarantine/downturn.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Put in on order for Starbucks yesterday($50.00), didn't get filled, I missed the price by $0.10.

It went up almost 20% since then($59.27 AM) . :32 (7):

Last edited:

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Put in on order for Starbucks yesterday($50.00), didn't get filled, I missed the price by $0.10.

It went up almost 20% since then($59.27 AM) . :32 (7):

Cedar fair dropped like crazy down to $13 the 52 week high was like $62, they also pay out like $3.75/yr in dividends. Bought some of that,

Also continue to buy MJ the marijuana ETF as it drops.

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Bought GE @ $5.95 yesterday. This would be a good long term HOLD however I will not being buying anything for the long term at this time.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Bought Dell at $28 yrste, just sold at $32. 14.3% profit overnight.

I'll get back in after another drop.

Reaction score
I started slowly getting back in over the past month.

I didn't think this would be a quick recovery, but the fed is just pumping so much money into the economy that I don't know that we'll revisit that bottom again from march.

Reaction score
March was the bottom. Great buying opp. Travel in particular cruise lines are screw for awhile. Stick with tech.

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
If you can hold it for a couple of months NCLH is cheap at $12.65 today.

Reaction score
I'm too much of a wuss to bet on a cruise line right now Mugz LOL

You think they will get bailed out? I kind of feel like the cruise lines will be the last to get bailouts. Too many essential transportation companies like airlines in line in front of them.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm with you Cohiba. I'll wait until there's at least a sign of positivity before I'd even think of throwing some cash at the cruise lines.

My buddy was happy when he got in on NCLH at $18. Not so happy now.

Reaction score
I lost some cash betting on cheap stocks that were at all time lows during the commodities slump, in industries that were historically pretty much necessities (coal producers LOLLOLOL)... "knowing" that they would come back.

Then they went bankrupt, and I got nothing to show for those stocks.

I'm still a little butthurt by it, can you tell?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Over the last month I've mostly been taking profits after a nice run. Equities (except the UK) and US bonds have both been very good to me and I expected a W-shaped recovery.

In terms of buys, I'm operating on a super short term level and staying away from traditional equities/bonds. I've opened up a huge position on natural gas (the resource) that is already paying off and I'm bullish on the dollar after it had it's weakest month in a decade.

I have no intention of buying into the tourism/hospitality sectors.

Reaction score
If you can hold it for a couple of months NCLH is cheap at $12.65 today.

I heard Royal Caribbean popped today so checked out your call... NCLH@ $15.13 buddy! Ride that pony. Stocks only go up these days.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
I’d love to know some good stocks to buy, been buying penny stocks but losing my ass. Mostly buying at the wrong time when people are dumping in buying ha.

New Threads