Stock Market Chat

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
I picked up AZUL yesterday. The market looks good today.

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've moved back in on NEE and MELI.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I uh, put $50 into VTSAX this week.

#IRAGang

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
This has been one of my big consistent winners this year, got hammered the last couple of days due to a tariff increase on imported solar panels. I got out early with still a huge gain, although a good ding to the profits. Stock got knocked down over 20%, but the demand for solar isn't going away.

If it can bounce up off its trend/support line, I'm back in. About a 25% upside if it can shrug it off.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The NEE and MELI trades last week yielded mixed results. NEE didn't do as I expected, but I still got out with a +1% profit. Still in on MELI, currently up over 16% from my buy in point.

Yesterday I bought in on Wayfair (W), as it bounced off it's support level since the Covid crash. About a 3:1 reward to risk ratio. Also still keeping an eye on SunRun(RUN), as it's tested its support level and held it the last 2 days.

Reaction score
Coming into this late but based on projections (as well as the market being based on 2021 predictions) there should be a reasonable bear market again unless a stimulus is passed which still won’t do enough in total unless it’s larger than what’s currently offered. Best bet always in terms of risk reward is etfs. Also would look into shorting airlines later down the line as well as classic automobile manufacturers. Solar and other renewable energy sources seem to be on the rise especially with a Biden presidency combined with a flip of the senate. Good luck and always manage risk

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Idk about you guys but my 401k hit 11% growth over the last calendar year. I was not expecting that.

DeplorableCracker

Reaction score
Coming into this late but based on projections (as well as the market being based on 2021 predictions) there should be a reasonable bear market again unless a stimulus is passed which still won’t do enough in total unless it’s larger than what’s currently offered. Best bet always in terms of risk reward is etfs. Also would look into shorting airlines later down the line as well as classic automobile manufacturers. Solar and other renewable energy sources seem to be on the rise especially with a Biden presidency combined with a flip of the senate. Good luck and always manage risk

Biden might not make it to Thursday's debate let alone be on the ticket come the 3rd.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
if doubling my money in less than 7 months is crazy then I accept your label

No worries, we just have different risk tolerances. I'd also choose companies that were beaten down price wise, but in my eyes had a better recent track record. Like Amazon, Apple, McDonald's, and Nike.

I just saw a better chance in those companies rebounding.

Congrats on the doubling of your investment though, that's awesome!!!!

DeplorableCracker

Reaction score
No worries, we just have different risk tolerances. I'd also choose companies that were beaten down price wise, but in my eyes had a better recent track record. Like Amazon, Apple, McDonald's, and Nike.

I just saw a better chance in those companies rebounding.

Congrats on the doubling of your investment though, that's awesome!!!!

I hear ya and to be clear, that's play around money. My real money goes into my Vanguard 2045 as well as physical silver and gold.

I also hit some major licks on smaller vaccine and testing companies like Co-Diagnostics (CODX) and Inovio (INO). got in both of those around 3-4 bucks and got out around 20 a few months later.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I messed around with a few biotechs, did ok, nowhere even close to your success though!!! The day to day volatility in them was too much for me.

It's fun though, isn't it? :32 (18):

What're you looking at now? I got into Lowe's at the end of last week, it broke out a price consolidation. Home Depot looks like it could do the same. Those 2 track well together, so if Lowe's continues to climb, I may hope into HD too for a 2 for 1.

DeplorableCracker

Reaction score
I messed around with a few biotechs, did ok, nowhere even close to your success though!!! The day to day volatility in them was too much for me.

It's fun though, isn't it? :32 (18):

What're you looking at now? I got into Lowe's at the end of last week, it broke out a price consolidation. Home Depot looks like it could do the same. Those 2 track well together, so if Lowe's continues to climb, I may hope into HD too for a 2 for 1.

yeah man I love playing around with money I've deemed acceptable to lose basically. high risk high reward type shit. I do a lot of crypto stuff as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of those two really at this point.

I've been pretty slammed at work so I haven't had much going on lately other than just sitting on some stuff, but I have been keeping an eye on these companies that just went public in last few months, particularly Unity, Palantir, Snowflake, and Asana.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/th...-crazy-here-are-the-ipos-to-watch-51598658370

New Threads