CJ's Summer Lean Out

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Well that pic is fukkin depressing. I don't see much difference at all, except for fat. :32 (7):

German89

Elite
Reaction score
it is not depressing. you thickened up though...

how is it depressing?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Your pretty much the same bf on both pictures, just a different angle and closer to the mirror on the first one. Possibly a few % difference max

Reaction score
That is a huge difference. I think the way you took the pics may he why you're having trouble seeing it.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
CJ you look great BF% as is IMO. I'd like to see you continue a bulk & fuk the summer cut! 220lbs! Get it!

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I second this

CJ you look great BF% as is IMO. I'd like to see you continue a bulk & fuk the summer cut! 220lbs! Get it!

Reactions: CJ

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind it is a marathon not a sprint ... to gain muscle you must be in a calorie surplus which means you will also gain some fat ... if your real goal is be over 200 lbs lean you're going to have to think more long term ... bulk then cut is counter productive ... you may need to run a calorie surplus for 18 to 24 months ... and stop comparing pics ... to gain 15 to 20 pounds of mass ... takes time ... you need to decide what your goals are ... being lean for summer or being 200 lbs lean ... 2 different goals ... for someone who would naturally be 170 ...

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, I do agree with what the boyz are saying above. But you will have to get over the mind fuk of being heavier through summer. As old man DF stated, you're carrying well now. It all comes down to what you want and happy with.

Reaction score
sorry was a duplicate post, don't know how to delete this

Last edited:

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
You look great brother. Hard work paying off!

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Definitely added some thickness. Doing great brother. I vote to further the bulk. Have to do what makes you happy though:32 (20):

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
I dislike you now.

I disagree. I think the beard is actually perfect how it is now

REGARDING THE BELOW:
Well that pic is fukkin depressing. I don't see much difference at all, except for fat. :32 (7):

I second this

Well, I do agree with what the boyz are saying above. But you will have to get over the mind fuk of being heavier through summer. As old man DF stated, you're carrying well now. It all comes down to what you want and happy with.
Definitely added some thickness. Doing great brother. I vote to further the bulk. Have to do what makes you happy though:32 (20):

CJ, my dear friend - I think you look absolutely fantastic right now. Between the last summer pic and where you are now, I disagree with your assessment that it's just fat -- there's obviously an increase in lean mass.

You've said before - several times - that the summer lean out is important to you. I support whatever makes you happy 100000%. But I would ask that you just step back and re-evaluate. I have no doubt you can get sub 8% and look good. But right now -- honest to god, you look about perfect. And I really wonder, maybe with a few more months of growth, if you wouldn't be happier with how you'd look leaning out then being a bit bigger. The little bf you have you carry extremely well. You look strong, you look healthy, and you look like a shining example of what we should all strive for. If it were summer now, I think you'd be perfect for it exactly as you are.

Just my 0.02. But you look really, really great and I'd love to see how big you could get.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
CJ you have ate like a champ! I am not here to judge and I understand wanting to lean out for summer! Everyone wants to be cut up for shorts season! I dunno Im going to keep bulking till im 215-220! This summer will be a 15-20% BF for me! But I totally understand wanting to cut down and have good numbers on you physical!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Dramatic improvement in blood pressure from a few weeks ago. Down to 116/67, whereas I had been running about 130's/mid 70's.

I usually check weekly, but hadn't in about a month, so hopefully this will continue.

New Threads