state of emergency

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its not about the severity of the disease.

Hospitals at maximum capacity with Covid patients cannot accept your uncle while he’s having a heart attack.

I can relate to this and it’s why I’m worried and taking necessary precautions. I have a child with a compromised immune system and a 68 yr old Father that needs a gallbladder surgery soon.

Im not out buying up Lysol and TP but as I stated earlier my kids 10 yr childhood with a trach plus immune difficulties prepped us for this in a way. We have a decent supply of the basic necessities and have had for years.

On a side note: I like the political threads here, always have. Some of you bastards get on my nerves but...We’re all adults here (mostly). As Ron was saying, opinions swayed or not we learn things which leads to Some understanding/common ground. In college I was very interested in sociology and still am. Especially subcultures anything against the norm in the study of groups. I’m certain this is why I’ve always been drawn to this board as opposed to others. UG is a melting pot of like minded people that don’t always agree but we’re all the same in one way or another.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Well, it's hit Minnesota now, I've tried to ignore it but doesn't look like I get the choice.

Wife is pissed at me because I continue to take my Humara which weakens my immune system greatly, and I also continue to hit the gym everyday.

But I refuse to let something like this take complete control of my life if I can help it.

As selfish as it may be, I am hoping they don't cancel the Frozen play in May that we spent $500 on tickets for or shut down Valley Fair which we've already spent about $600 for as well for our season tickets.

I'm betting this thing ain't just gonna blow over soon, it's gonna take over most of 2020 :32 (11)::32 (11):

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, it's hit Minnesota now, I've tried to ignore it but doesn't look like I get the choice.

Wife is pissed at me because I continue to take my Humara which weakens my immune system greatly, and I also continue to hit the gym everyday.

But I refuse to let something like this take complete control of my life if I can help it.

As selfish as it may be, I am hoping they don't cancel the Frozen play in May that we spent $500 on tickets for or shut down Valley Fair which we've already spent about $600 for as well for our season tickets.

I'm betting this thing ain't just gonna blow over soon, it's gonna take over most of 2020 :32 (11)::32 (11):

A Frozen play, like with Elsa, Anna and Olaf? You send me 100 dollars and I’ll skipe you and sing “Let it Go” I know that movie.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
A Frozen play, like with Elsa, Anna and Olaf? You send me 100 dollars and I’ll skipe you and sing “Let it Go” I know that movie.

Lol yes... A Frozen play ... But I'm sorry, I just don't think paying cut rate for some bounty Hunter to moonlight as Olaf will suffice for my daughters. LMaO

Thanks for the offer though!

Blacktail

Reaction score
Remember when his science people told him the path of hurricane Dorian and he doctored the map anyway and the whole NOAA had to play damage control? Then he double down on his incorrectness and asserted that the NOAA was wrong?

There are FOIA releases from the NOAA that show internal e-mails from "his guys with REAL information" who confirm the map is doctored.

https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/st...775953/trump-dorian-alabama-sharpiegate-noaa/

The PDF scan from the NOAA itself: https://www.noaa.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/0.7.2809.30387.pdf

Look at the text of the document. It references the chart he displayed as advisory 21 then goes on to say the correct one should have been 32A. At minimum, he ignored 11 revisions.

Falsifying or altering a weather report is also a crime: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2074

He also dissolved the pandemic response team, the one that was setup to handle exactly this.

He then cut funding for the CDC. Fun fact, the CDC was working on the prevention of global pandemics when Trump cut funding for them. China was one of the countries the CDC had to abandon.

You know, I'm starting to think he's a moron.

how doctored the map? CNN did. They hate him more than they love our country.

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
I'll keep moving forward until I can't anymore.

Reaction score
It's funny how Trump supporters can think he's responsible for all the good things that happen while simultaneously absolving him of any wrong doing.

This right here. I don't get the blind allegiance to anyone. There have been politicians I liked more than others, but I was always able to see their faults.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So basically stick to the normal,
Wash your hands,
Don't touch your face,
Train with intensity & don't spray tan!

My wife won't touch me, so yes, it's normal around here! :32 (18):

New Threads