Official COVID 19 gym check in thread

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
We are on our 6th day of reopening and I am doing arms today. I have always kept my area clean & attempt to wipe down any genetic info I leave at the bench (just something I’ve always done; no new behaviors as a result of COVID 19.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
Mine closed last week. I just did some walking the last week and deloaded.
I had a really nice chest/shoulders home workout this morning. I expect gyms to be closed here until March. I just don't see how anything gets better for some time.
I am going to try to lift as much as possible based on perceived recovery and come back to the gym stronger.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
My gym decided to keep their 4 locations open during the Governor's recent 2 week mandated shutdown. I was talking to the manager the other day and he said they picked up over 100 new memberships, mostly temporary memberships, as a result of the other gyms closing.
Yesterday I read where the owners got fined $90K by the Oregon OSHA for ignoring the mandate and it looks like there could be more fines coming.

Quote, "Gov. Brown and Oregon health officials on Wednesday announced a new set of COVID-19 restrictions that will go into place once the two-week freeze ends next week. For most counties, indoor gyms will remain closed under the new restrictions."

New Threads