Official COVID 19 gym check in thread

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Back and biceps today. Even touched the bars with my bare hands and yes that is sanitizer on the wall lol. Don't mind the other rebels doing cardio behind me.

mq3YN0j.jpg

1gpt9Ds.jpg

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Leg day fer me today. I'm out of town on work and so had to buy a $15 week's pass at a commercial gym down the way from where I'm staying.

Good, basic workout. Some hamstring curls to get the blood flowing, squats, leg press, calves & out.

It weren't crowded, but there were more than a few in there training. Mostly cardio folks, but another bloke did use the cage after I finished.

I'm more cognizant of wiping shite down both before & after I use it is all.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
yesterday was 30mins cardio and hammies (which are now trashed)

35 mins today on the bike

tomorrow a hr on the bike

Monday, probably hr cardio and chest...

here is from friday's back day

[#]ThatCovidPump[/#]

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
An article I read this afternoon dealing with the virus and hitting the gym.
https://time.com/5795492/gym-fitnes...OPalV6Xt15OMUYrfaCL6nP4UyCPXjLQn4w5CnCVN6fELo

I saw this article earlier today.

I am a big fan of a clean gym. I am also a big fan of gym etiquette. Everyone should be cleaning equipment before and after use well before this Covid ever came about. Wash your hands after using the restroom. Use hand sanitzers often. I think the most important thing is to cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough even if you aren't sick and NEVER touch your face especially without washing your hands first.

If someone is sick and coughing, take a few days off. It is better for you and everyone else around you.

I can tell you that in my gym, the owner doesn't play around with this. You get a single warning to wipe down equipment(since day one). The second time you are gone. The same goes for re-racking weights. One warning. This gym is his hobby, not his livelihood.

I am waiting until May to cancel my other gym membership because of a contract and I am done with other places.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Had a pressing workout today in the commercial gym I'm using in the pinch. Sticking to basics when I'm away from me home turf - dumbbells on the flat bench, standing overhead press and a bit of iso work (chest flies, lateral raises) and out. I'd say 30 people I seen all total over the 90 mins I was there. Kicked up a bit of cardio too alongside the other die hards on the treadmills. When in Rome...

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Today was my cardio day. Every sunday is strictly cardio. Usually I do some form of anaerobic movement/s. It was a nice brisk day so I did a 3 mile walk to the market. About a mile downhill.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Successfully made it out alive today after a hard battle leg workout. I even used this old gem. Felt pretty good.

KDhVvIZ.jpg

i've yet to master this machine... it's hard. but i am determined. i have to go out of my way to the commercial gym for this piece of equipment

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
i've yet to master this machine... it's hard. but i am determined. i have to go out of my way to the commercial gym for this piece of equipment

It is definitely different. I only used 3 plates for sets of 15 but going deep feels weird. My last set I didn't go so deep and went to failure(didn't even count)...my quads were on fire!

This was after squats, leg press, leg extensions an leg curls...

German89

Elite
Reaction score
It is definitely different. I only used 3 plates for sets of 15 but going deep feels weird. My last set I didn't go so deep and went to failure(didn't even count)...my quads were on fire!

This was after squats, leg press, leg extensions an leg curls...

i can hit four reps with a 100lbs each side. triggers my knee badly. i'll get there, maybe next year.

New Threads