Covid-19 numbers

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Why do you keep posting partial statistics? Are you just a doom and gloom kinda guy? I almost feel like I am watching CNN or Fox.

19240 total infected by your website stats. CDC says 15219

19176 mild cases

64 severe cases

Total deaths 263

Less than 1% are even severe cases and even then less then half of those die.

Everyone knows that there are more active cases than what are being reported which makes the total deaths compared to total cases in the hundredths of one percent. All deaths are reported.

Sorry my numbers are not to your liking. I'm not posting serious vs mild cases...

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry my numbers are not to your liking. I'm not posting serious vs mild cases...

Those are the most important pieces of information. In a time like this, I think that it is very important to give complete and accurate information. I am not saying that your pieces of information aren't important but posting partial information gives a bias and a false narrative which doesn't give a full picture of what is really happening.

Your statistics give a false narrative that gives an uneducated reader the false idea that 64% of people with corona-virus dies and that is a complete an utter lie. The true number is less than 1%. Small inaccurate details like this is why there isn't any toilet paper on the shelves and people are having a hard time getting food at the grocery stores.

The media does it all the time and is why the majority of people don't watch mainstream anymore. This thread is a good idea if all information is shared instead of just pieces.

Just throwing this out there.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Those are the most important pieces of information. In a time like this, I think that it is very important to give complete and accurate information. I am not saying that your pieces of information aren't important but posting partial information gives a bias and a false narrative which doesn't give a full picture of what is really happening.

Your statistics give a false narrative that gives an uneducated reader the false idea that 64% of people with corona-virus dies and that is a complete an utter lie. The true number is less than 1%. Small inaccurate details like this is why there isn't any toilet paper on the shelves and people are having a hard time getting food at the grocery stores.

The media does it all the time and is why the majority of people don't watch mainstream anymore. This thread is a good idea if all information is shared instead of just pieces.

Just throwing this out there.

I will start posting all numbers but I don't think critical or not matters.if you have the virus you can spread it wether your mild or critical so why does that matter?

Like I said in other posts the percentage will change as more cases close but as of right now those are the number. Please do not try and down play this. Go ahead and look up videos of hospitals filled with patients wearing a fish tank over their heads trying to breathe.

The White House tried to down pay this as a hoax and look at us now. I give usa 1 week before we are up to China numbers of cases and Italy number of deaths.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I will start posting all numbers but I don't think critical or not matters.if you have the virus you can spread it wether your mild or critical so why does that matter?

Like I said in other posts the percentage will change as more cases close but as of right now those are the number. Please do not try and down play this. Go ahead and look up videos of hospitals filled with patients wearing a fish tank over their heads trying to breathe.

The White House tried to down pay this as a hoax and look at us now. I give usa 1 week before we are up to China numbers of cases and Italy number of deaths.

I am not down playing it at all. I see it as a serious health risk as well as a serious social and economic game changer.

I don't see the percentages changing in terms of how many people die vs how many people are infected but I do agree that the death toll will be much higher in the upcoming weeks as will the total infected.

Regardless of what we think. I believe that stating all of the facts are important.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
I am not down playing it at all. I see it as a serious health risk as well as a serious social and economic game changer.

I don't see the percentages changing in terms of how many people die vs how many people are infected but I do agree that the death toll will be much higher in the upcoming weeks as will the total infected.

Regardless of what we think. I believe that stating all of the facts are important.

Will do. .

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Global numbers.

Total cases 304208
Deaths 12983

USA is now 4th for most cases. We wre only 1000 cases behind 3rd... we have pasted china in cases per million people if you trust China numbers but they are at 80000 ... ask me by next week we will pass Italy and be in 2nd.

Total cases 24142

Active cases 23683
Mild 23691
Critical 64

Closed cases 459
Recovered 171 ( 37% )
Dead 288 (63%)

Top 5 worst states
New york
Washington
New Jersey
California
Florida

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Total cases 38165
Active cases 37591
Mild 36883 ( 98% )
Critical 708 ( 2%)

Closed cases 574
Recovered 178 (31%)
Dead 396 (61%)

Top 5 states
New york 22717
Washington 1793
California 1550
New Jersey 1327
Louisiana 837

New york has such a high number becuz they are testing everyone... also that goes to show that this is actually alot worst then people think.

Also we are closing in on 2nd place globally... we have the highest new cases of the world... I give us 5 days before we pass china in numbers... that's ****ing insane but not shocking. People in America are very stupid and think they are invincible... alot of people believe this is still a hoax or do not think its serious.

Also another stat... from Jan 20 to march 20 we climbed to 200000 cases globally. From march 20 to today we hit 300000 cases.... if this pattern continues we will be at 1 million with in the week.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Total cases 38165
Active cases 37591
Mild 36883 ( 98% )
Critical 708 ( 2%)

Closed cases 574
Recovered 178 (31%)
Dead 396 (61%)

Top 5 states
New york 22717
Washington 1793
California 1550
New Jersey 1327
Louisiana 837

New york has such a high number becuz they are testing everyone... also that goes to show that this is actually alot worst then people think.

Also we are closing in on 2nd place globally... we have the highest new cases of the world... I give us 5 days before we pass china in numbers... that's ****ing insane but not shocking. People in America are very stupid and think they are invincible... alot of people believe this is still a hoax or do not think its serious.

Also another stat... from Jan 20 to march 20 we climbed to 200000 cases globally. From march 20 to today we hit 300000 cases.... if this pattern continues we will be at 1 million with in the week.
I’d take the word of a snake oil salesman over over an official of the Chinese Communist Party

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Total cases 38165
Active cases 37591
Mild 36883 ( 98% )
Critical 708 ( 2%)

Closed cases 574
Recovered 178 (31%)
Dead 396 (61%)

Top 5 states
New york 22717
Washington 1793
California 1550
New Jersey 1327
Louisiana 837

The more this plays out, the more I realize the arrogance of Americans and how too much freedom works against us.

As the old timers die off and the new offended, I can be anything, don't tell me what to do kids take over. This country is doomed.

I doubt that any country will have the amount of cases or causalities that the US will have in the end.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
I’d take the word of a snake oil salesman over over an official of the Chinese Communist Party

Absolutely cant trust China numbers... but still.

The more this plays out, the more I realize the arrogance of Americans and how too much freedom works against us.

As the old timers die off and the new offended, I can be anything, don't tell me what to do kids take over. This country is doomed.

I doubt that any country will have the amount of cases or causalities that the US will have in the end.

Ask me trump needs to stop playing the "we're ok card" and get serious about this. I understand you don't want to cause mass panic but people need to understand this is just the start... this is going to get much worse in a very short amount of time. I'm taking maybe 1 - 2 weeks

View attachment 9489
canada cases jumped up about 300. This is from 9am today

That number is going to just keep climbing

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If anyone does not believe the US is treating this seriously needs to become more informed ... major sections of the economy have been completely shut down ... travel ... hotels ... restaurants in many states ... all states will likely shut down these industries this coming week ... we are in for an economic free fall for the next 30 to 60 days ...

El Gringo

Reaction score
If anyone does not believe the US is treating this seriously needs to become more informed ... major sections of the economy have been completely shut down ... travel ... hotels ... restaurants in many states ... all states will likely shut down these industries this coming week ... we are in for an economic free fall for the next 30 to 60 days ...
Exactly. When ever has the the country shutdown public places and restaurants and givin out mass amounts of welfare and cut income tax.

the same people complaining about the lack of action were saying certain people in government were racist when closing off travel from China in January. a bunch of hypocrites I tell you

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

The health crisis aspect of this pandemic won’t peak for another 2 months or so (based on current modeling).

I’d lower my expectations of when the economic free fall will be over.

This is the still the tip of the iceberg.

I wish it weren't

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Curious where your getting these stats? Not saying you are wrong, but the numbers I find currently on the CDC still show 15K co firmed cases.

These numbers are more than double that number.

Total cases 38165
Active cases 37591
Mild 36883 ( 98% )
Critical 708 ( 2%)

Closed cases 574
Recovered 178 (31%)
Dead 396 (61%)

Top 5 states
New york 22717
Washington 1793
California 1550
New Jersey 1327
Louisiana 837

New Threads