Reaction score
Just going to keep this going till this outbreak ends
I will update when I can

USA covid-19 numbers
Total cases - 3400
Active cases - 3200

Recovered - 59 (48%)
Dead - 63 (52%)

According to these numbers 52% of people with the viruse have died. Also remember folks, there is a high number of people who carry the viruse with no symptoms, and they are flat out not testing alot of people.

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Just going to keep this going till this outbreak ends
I will update when I can

USA covid-19 numbers
Total cases - 3400
Active cases - 3200

Recovered - 59 (48%)
Dead - 63 (52%)

According to these numbers 52% of people with the viruse have died. Also remember folks, there is a high number of people who carry the viruse with no symptoms, and they are flat out not testing alot of people.

I don't want to be with a guy that points out numbers but none of this math adds up.

There are 3400 cases but only 3200 active cases which leaves 200 cases discrepancy.

If those discrepancy cases are going to be used in recovered and died then you are still 73 people shy of making your statistics accurate.

Maybe we can cite some sources to your information so we can either point out its faults or its accuracy.

CDC numbers are updated Monday through Friday.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

Last edited:

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
I don't want to be with a guy that points out numbers but none of this math adds up.

There are 3400 cases but only 3200 active cases which leaves 200 cases discrepancy.

If those discrepancy cases are going to be used in recovered and died then you are still 73 people shy of making your statistics accurate.

Maybe we can cite some sources to your information so we can either point out its faults or its accuracy.

CDC numbers are updated Monday through Friday.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

Just reporting the numbers provided.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
63/3400 is not 52% dude. It's 1.85%. Adding unreported cases into the mix will lower the mortality rate further while bumping up the infection rate.

The death rate numbers are off the totaled closed cases. 122 closed cases resulting in recovery or death.

Yes now as the closed cases increase I'm sure the death numbers will drop

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
The death rate numbers are off the totaled closed cases. 122 closed cases resulting in recovery or death.

Yes now as the closed cases increase I'm sure the death numbers will drop

thank you. I’ve always considered that a better statistic then using open cases.... for obvious reasons.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
US testing has hardly started ... plz see South Korea's numbers ... those are far more accurate ... remember you cannot have correct numbers until you know who has it ... including very mild and asystamactic case ...

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
US testing has hardly started ... plz see South Korea's numbers ... those are far more accurate ... remember you cannot have correct numbers until you know who has it ... including very mild and asystamactic case ...

Or just interpret them correctly. I.e if you’re sick enough to be in the group getting tested.... these numbers apply. If you’re general population then you have to include the unknown number of mild symptoms cases.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score

Everyone will be healed and back to normal by the time they are prepared to test everyone lol

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Learn how to interpret data before you go stating ridiculous things.

the website you linked I check everyday. Great up to date information

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Never lived by statistics anyway!

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
How times (and the retard media) have changed... (Even without the political crap, you can see the frenzy as everyone has a smart-phone, is an expert in all things, and the media just thrives on scare tactics to control)... People just need to use some common sense, some thinking, some measurements.

Surprising how dumb the masses truly are... Ever watch LivePD? Now every 70 year old, church going black woman, melts down with fear and craziness even when pulled over for a minor traffic ticket. Say they are very scared. Everyone carries a moron remote and follows it (what it tells them) to a tee...

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
^^^

~0.2% death rate vs ~3.0% death rate, so far. 15x multiple, still at the beginning, so To Be Determined

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I cannot understand why people keep quoting Covid-19 death at a 3% when its now been proven to be well under 1% .. see South Korean numbers with aggressive testing regimen (currently at .7% and dropping) ... if you do not include asymptotic and mild cases your numbers are wrong .. obviously China did not ... in fact the only way to truly know the the real numbers would be to test the entire population after it has passed like 6 months from now and see how many how people show anti-bodies for Covid-19 (anti-bodies will exist in people who had the disease and recovered) ... the true fatality number will be well south of 1% ...

To be clear a .7% death rate is still very high ..and must be taken seriously .. but the inflated numbers that is creating panic needs to stop being inaccurately reported ... also death rates for those under 50 years old will be FAR LOWER ... like in the .1% - .2% range ...

^^^

~0.2% death rate vs ~3.0% death rate, so far. 15x multiple, still at the beginning, so To Be Determined

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I cannot understand why people keep quoting Covid-19 death at a 3% when its now been proven to be well under 1% .. see South Korean numbers with aggressive testing regimen (currently at .7% and dropping) ... if you do not include asymptotic and mild cases your numbers are wrong .. obviously China did not ... in fact the only way to truly know the the real numbers would be to test the entire population after it has passed like 6 months from now and see how many how people show anti-bodies for Covid-19 (anti-bodies will exist in people who had the disease and recovered) ... the true fatality number will be well south of 1% ...

I was just using the numbers that he posted. He chose US numbers.

And it's not apples to apples anyway, it all hasn't played out yet, thus my To Be Determined qualifier.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I know this does not apply to the numbers, but I was doing research on where everyone is at for vaccines. They are saying that "fast tracked" would provide a vaccine that could be widely distributed in 12-18 months.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Could be far sooner (I know no wants to hear it - because it takes away from the doom & gloom theme) ... medications that have already been developed for other corona-viruses are being looked at that closely resemble this disease and will great reduce the time to develop both vaccine as well as anti-viral drugs ....

Also, other drugs previously approved by FDA and other agencies are being re-purposed that are currently in Trials in China and other countries (since February) ... they are NOT being developed from scratch which most people do not understand ... April will be a HUGE month for info from these Trial ..

I know this does not apply to the numbers, but I was doing research on where everyone is at for vaccines. They are saying that "fast tracked" would provide a vaccine that could be widely distributed in 12-18 months.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Could be far sooner (I know no wants to hear it - because it takes away from the doom & gloom theme) ... medications that have already been developed for other corona-viruses are being looked at that closely resemble this disease and will great reduce the time to develop both vaccine as well as anti-viral drugs ....

Also, other drugs previously approved by FDA and other agencies are being re-purposed that are currently in Trials in China and other countries (since February) ... they are NOT being developed from scratch which most people do not understand ... April will be a HUGE month for info from these Trial ..

That is a good point. The article did not dive into all of that (imagine that!!). Thank you

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
^^^

Dude, the current death rate is completely inaccurate. There are potentially millions who are infected that don't even know it and are still kicking. The death rate even as weak as it already is is no where near that high

New Threads