Home workout

Blacktail

Reaction score
So with gyms closing for a few weeks what are you doing for your workout? I’m planning on pushups, pull-ups and dips.
what are your plans to not wither away lol

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Here's mine...

Day A
Inc Bench 3x5+
V Bar Rows 3x5-8
Flat DB Bench 3x8-10
Chinups 3@r8+
Bis/Tris/Lateral Delts 3 sets each

Day B
Squats 3x3+
Deadlift 3x5-8
Leg Ext 3 sets
Leg Curls 3 sets
Stand DB Calf 3xMax (6-10)

Day C
1 arm KB OH Press 3@r8+
Pullups 3@r8+
Pushups 3@r8+
Ring Rows 3@r8+
Bis/Tris/Lateral Delts 3 sets each

Day D
Deadlift 3x3
Squats 3x5-8
Leg Exts 3 sets
Leg Curls 3 sets
Stand DB Calf 3xMax (15+ reps)

Last edited:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Walks 2x per day 15 minutes (vitamin d collecting) ... 100 body weight squats ... 100 push-ups ... 100 sit-ups ... as fast as possible ...

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
I have the first total gyms and like 150 of free weights I made it work once it will work again. Might even be good to change it up I’m trying to stay positive

El Gringo

Reaction score
Calisthenics may be my only choice for who knows how long. Time to find out if all those calisthenics youtubers are telling the truth

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pushups, ( close hand and wide) pullups, chin ups, planks, reverse dips, ( use a chair or a coffee table) squats using whatever you can hold on each hand for added weight. Go to your local high school and sprint the bleachers, your legs will get on fire, Leg raises, even body flexing and holding poses will help. Weather permitting, you can go to a local park and use the monkey bars. You'll hold onto what you have if you stay active with these movements.

Last edited:

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
I have pretty decent home gym setup with a rack and 500 lbs of weight with flat and incline bench. Lacking in the dumbbell dept but working on adding a few here and there as they pop up on the cheap. This virus isnt going to affect me much.

Reactions: CJ

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^ Gotta make do with what ye have ^^

Have a think on how good it'll feel when we get loosed back into the newly sanitized gyms...how good it'll feel again to hop into a squat rack and feel that bar on yer traps diggin' in...like Christmas and yer birthday all rolled into one.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Pushups, ( close hand and wide) pullups, chin ups, planks, reverse dips, ( use a chair or a coffee table) squats using whatever you can hold on each hand for added weight. Go to your local high school and sprint the bleachers, your legs will get on fire, Leg raises, even body flexing and holding poses will help. Weather permitting, you can go to a local park and use the monkey bars. You'll hold onto what you have if you stay active with these movements.

All this. Also, bench dips off the side of the tub. I did some rows under the dining room table last night to test it out. Works pretty good.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
This shouldn't change my life with my own gym but now everyone wants to lift at the Snake Pit.

20 years of doing this completely by myself and now people want in. Good chance it will be just my brother assuming he can do a 30 min ride.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Nothing changes here, it appears my home gym is even worth more than every penny I spent on it. Doubt anybody I know will ask to train here. They all know I like to left alone. No, if I just had some toilet paper......

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Nothing changes here, it appears my home gym is even worth more than every penny I spent on it. Doubt anybody I know will ask to train here. They all know I like to left alone. No, if I just had some toilet paper......

Might be worth trading gym time for a few rolls lol

Blacktail

Reaction score
I looked into weights for my home before but the good stuff that I would want is hell expensive . Hope this shit does not last long

Reaction score
Been training at the gym hard again for the last 18 months but this weekend I'm going to the barn and pull out all my old Strongman equipment. Been wanting to start doing it at least once a week anyway so this maybe a good time to start.

Monday - 100 foot Tire Flip, 100 foot Farmers Carry, Stone Load. Going to try 3 sets each but been a long time so maybe start out with 1 set and work my way up.
Tuesday - Overhead Log Press, Flat (or incline) Log Press
Wednesday - Cardio & do some Bis & Tris on the wife's home gym.
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - Medley of 50 ft Tire Flip, 50 ft Farmers Carry, 50 ft Sled Drag, Log Press & Stone or Keg Load
Sat & Sun - Rest and do basic chores around the farm.

I see nothing but pain in the near future.

Lifthvyw8s

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Don't be jealous of the sweet wood paneling! :32 (18):

Your good to go you can make that work all day I have to dig my shit out from storage clean the garage find some dumbbells they are selling out like hot cakes by me

Reactions: CJ

New Threads