Covid with children

German89

Elite
Reaction score
It's march break at the moment. My son would've been at a camp while I work but due to COVID. Things have changed.

3 weeks. I have to keep him occupied. I'd love to bring him to the park but I don't trust it. the total number in my province is going up. Which means, it hasn't hit, hit, yet.

I color to pass time. To not think. Let go. To get out of my head so, I always encourage him to color as well. He will get bored of it soon.

How are all of your managing your younger children's time? Simple things like catch? Sure but, that's a 'daddy thing'. I suck at throwing and tried with him today. He loved it of course. But damn, someone wanna link some videos on how to throw? lol

I picked him up some arts and crafts projects. Some things for home schooling will be added.. I don't want him feeling depressed. It will happen to them before it hits us.

Hell, I went to pick some bands up today for home. I asked if he wanted some weights. he said sure. I'm even including him in my workouts. Today he came to run stairs with me. I like throwing him on my back and going up the steps with him. He likes it too.. I'll have to teach him to be my hype man.

What are things you guys are doing to keep the little ones from losing their Sh!t?

I am reading a little book to him as well. I dont want him sitting and watching netflix all day. I make him use his leap pad to do some educational things. I know he doesn't want to even though he seems much happier after he does it.

I will talk to him tomorrow morning when we have breakfast together. In about a week, it will get worse. This is the PRE lock down. We still have the freedom to go to the store when needed. Shortly, that will be taken away.

I'm not scared of the virus. I am stressed - i guess you can say. How the heck do I keep my child busy during this time?

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Also think this is a great thread. We live in the mountains so it is fun in the outdoors. Snow shoeing, hiking, CC skiing. Although we are in a blizzard warning for the next 3 days.
Anything outdoors is fun. Board games, the Disney + is fun or a little Xbox etc.
Youll come up with some fun things to do I am sure.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is the second week my toddler has been home. Since it’s been so rainy here i bought a small basketball goal and set it up inside by my squat rack. Should buy me a couple days....I hope.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Good information, unfortunately my son was to leave for basic training,on St Patty's day, which has been postponed, due to all this madness, but for those w younger kids, it's a time to bond & teach them things they need to learn tht only a parent can teach, anything from arts and crafts,to cooking, exercise, i got my 12yr old nephew, splitting wood & learning to run a backhoe, because he's bored, so as a good uncle, I'll make sure he sleeps well at night,by keeping him physically busy most of the day! Stay positive!

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Today we will head to the track. He can run or use his scooter to do laps. I don't think my calves will last a session of stairs but, we will try.

Then we will do back and tris. I don't think he will last through a workout so, he will have to go get gone, outside and play.

We have some window art to do.

And I think we will Do a small load of laundry. We have to go to the laundry mat. I could do it all in one day but, I can spread it out for two days to give us stuff to do.

Today is a cleaning day anyway so, lots of chores. I'll put him to work. He's got some plants to tend to anyway. He's growing some tomatoes, cucumbers, and strawberries.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
My day didn't go as planned.

We didn't accomplish everything. I forgot about my nose appointment. Guys, this motherfuker put a scope down my nose 2x. That sh!t hurt like a motherfuker. I didn't cry though. My stuffie helped me. I did want to kick the doctor for repeating himself like 4x. Gahhh!!!

My son was able to watch 2 movies, i forget the first one, he liked it. And then back to the future came on. While we were in the office.

Now he's with his aunt. I get peace for a hour before I head off to bed.

I want to mention. I find it easier to accomplish my day when I have a check list.

Tomorrow I might not do stairs. I want to but my calves are LIT. These sh!ts better grow! Might just do the track and let the kid run. we can, "race" aka, he can eat my dust!

I see a baking afternoon happening soon. Stay tuned for that. Oh my bday is coming up, maybe I'll hold off til then.

Oh. Do you guys listen to podcasts/stories with the kids at all?

Reaction score
Mine are a little older now, 12 & 14. They have actually handled it pretty well so far. The weather has been nice in new orleans, so they have been playing some basketball in front of the house, talking to their friends remotely and gaming. Also their schools are giving them some stuff to do.

My business sells cleaning supplies and disinfectants so I haven't had time to do anything but work, but I did get my daughter to help me pack boxes to ship supplies all over the country.

My wife has been home too, so she has done a lot with them. They go for a drive every night. She keeps them on top of their chores too (mainly washing their clothes and keeping their rooms clean).

So far so good. We're not on total lockdown here yet though. I hope that doesn't happen.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Woman ordered our chitlets a few things from the zon like board games and i wrestle with them, one of the little ones wants to lift so we run a small joint lifting sesh, and basketball etc... Tons to do, then run to the chitter to get some alone time while they are now doing online school since this bish has closed it all down

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Yesterday my kiddo had a rough start to his day. I don't know if he was bummed that he couldn't stay home while I went to do stairs. Or. Overall bummed out. I might've been a little mean and said he can sit in his own sadness or buck up and write numbers while I go. After two laps, he finally came around.

We got home. He made bathbooms and cookies. Painted. He was happy to be back doing that. I have a fossil activity for today. I am not taking him to do stairs this morning. I've completed my workout. I might sneak out shortly so that it's just done and out of the way.

He did like the meditation yesterday. Five minute break with moshi twilight. Good little five minute story about washing germs away. Which then, turned into a little argument but we settled it. The lurgee (moshling character) is orange and cute. And then I said, no germs aren't cute. they're gross and icky.. This lurgee might be cute, and might be your common cold but then there are other germs that can make you really, really sick. "that's okay, i like being sick, i like staying home from school". "No. germs are bad" Like why am I arguing with a five year old!? ... I let him leave the room, do his own thing, and explained that, no matter what the germ looks like, it's a germ, and it will make you really sick. and left it at that.

Situational depression is hitting him.

Reaction score
You sound like a really good parent German. Your conversation about germs reminded me of this strange planet cartoon...
20190716_155103.jpg

German89

Elite
Reaction score
We are making a no lurgee's poster today

I've made a heart to put in the window today... Neon light.. so just waiting for the wire to take shape and, perfect it a little.

I've given my son tasks to perform. Water plants. Tidy up. Stickers on our lockdown calendar. He is responsible for bringing the mail in after it's sat outside for 3 days.

I've turned bat shit crazy.

He accomplished some window art. Today we will work on our unicorn crystals. Or save it for tomorrow. My mums DIY project has taken over. I will be responsible to clean that all up. Maybe we just have a movie day... I was hoping he'd wake up by now.. I wanted him to come for stairs but, he's not up. I won't bother him.

Oh. And, every afternoon, we go for a little drive, grab starbucks and speed.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
3 boys at home with all sports and school cancelled...mad house would be an understatement.

New Threads