Width for the Biceps

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
What are other exercises besides the preacher curls for width on the biceps?

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Hammer curls and cross body hammers/pinwheel curls or w.e you call em.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I like hammers,
Usually superset them with reverse curls.
But genetics are genetics!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like hammers,
Usually superset them with reverse curls.
But genetics are genetics!

Genetics won't prevent someone from achieving wider biceps. The peak, yes. Not width.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, guys. Going to add in more hammers more often.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I hate curls. I usually do preacher curls on a bench and hammer curls with dumbells. If i feel real good on a bicep workout, Ill do one arm cables. I am tricep dominate tho as in my triceps are like a 10 and my biceps are 6 so together my arms are like a 7 or 8.

I still say that if you are picking up some heavy ass weight for back like barbell rows and dead lifts, it don't matter what you do for biceps. But I am speaking as a 6 lol.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
I hate curls. I usually do preacher curls on a bench and hammer curls with dumbells. If i feel real good on a bicep workout, Ill do one arm cables. I am tricep dominate tho as in my triceps are like a 10 and my biceps are 6 so together my arms are like a 7 or 8.

I still say that if you are picking up some heavy ass weight for back like barbell rows and dead lifts, it don't matter what you do for biceps. But I am speaking as a 6 lol.

I have some long arms, the peaks on the them are pretty good but it's the width that could be better. Have you ever used the arm blaster?

Voyagersixone

Reaction score

I’m disappointed! I expected you to have at least an 8.5 bicep.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
It's an anchoring device dating back to the 70's. Arnold used them, draped it over his neck and it goes over your torso straightening out your arms when doing standing barbell or dumbell curls. IT's like a preacher curl device but you use it when standing.

https://www.roguefitness.com/media/...25d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/r/arm-blaster-3_2.jpg

Oh yeah. I have used this. I wasn't sure what is was called. I don't care for it though. If I put a heavier weight on the bar, it hurts my ribs. It is pretty effective in isolating your biceps though.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Grizz, no offense to you, as I'm in the exact same scenario myself.

We don't need to worry about bicep peak or bicep width. We just need to do a couple of basic tried and true exercises, and grow the damn muscle. Because in reality, we have NO IDEA if we lack width/peak because we haven't built up the muscle to the point where we'd even know anyway!

Don't miss the forest for the trees.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Grizz, no offense to you, as I'm in the exact same scenario myself.

We don't need to worry about bicep peak or bicep width. We just need to do a couple of basic tried and true exercises, and grow the damn muscle. Because in reality, we have NO IDEA if we lack width/peak because we haven't built up the muscle to the point where we'd even know anyway!

Don't miss the forest for the trees.

Okay, yeah just saw this.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I have used this. I wasn't sure what is was called. I don't care for it though. If I put a heavier weight on the bar, it hurts my ribs. It is pretty effective in isolating your biceps though.

Okay, thanks.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I have some long arms, the peaks on the them are pretty good but it's the width that could be better. Have you ever used the arm blaster?

I also deal with thelong arm issue,and know about the arm blaster,
It's basically the same as standing with your back against the wall technic!
Cable curls seems to keep more tension on the bi's,
Especially on the negitve, which I prefer having long arms!

New Threads