Longevity and anti aging

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Does anyone here prescribe to any ideas. Been listening to a lot of Dr. David Sinclair, Dr Peter Attia, and Dr Rhonda Patrick. Lots of talk about sauna use to stimulate heat shock proteins, fasting, time restricted feeding, and eating a certain way. Also supplements/drugs such as metformin, MNM, and resveratrol. Very interesting stuff.

I was doing the sauna for 30 minutes a day followed by a cold shower. I was feeling really good the rest of the day. This was after my workout. Much of these practices probably would not be beneficial to the goals of a body builder or power lifter, but what about for a guy that just wants to be healthy and in shape?

Thoughts?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
These are still early days from a research standpoint. Most 'anti-aging' practice/supplementation is based upon scant (if sometimes promising) scientific data.

That said, things like daily saunas/cold showers are awesome and unlikely to be harmful if your ticker's in good shape.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I doubt carrying less body weight, eating healthy Whole Foods, saunas, and fasting now and then are bad for a healthy person. Couldn't hurt right?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Too much calorie restriction for my sanity.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Longevity has a large genetic component ... I agree with sound fitness concepts like eating less (especially less sugar) and exercising more ... and eating healthy whole foods with minimal preservatives is key ... but also do not stress about it ... any of of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow ... live in moderation ... but dont forget the live part ...

Last edited:

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
well there are so many products to boot ur gh...i personally havnt done any research so i cant recommend one. i have a favorite but no one else seems to think its any good o ill leave that out ...the key is less stress.the best thing u can do is find ways to de stress, n eat healthy . i love saunas as well. i dont do cold showers but i have been tru a lot and im still not that bad off so i have to be doing something right... the mind controls the body get your mind right and the body will follow.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I will tell you this...........I've eating right and been exercising for 30+ years ....and I got a rare form of "C"............Would I change anything ....NO...but it was a kick in the teeth...And also,,,if I wasn't so addicted to the lifestyle,,,I'd be dead already..!!

Reaction score
I agree too that less stress would mean a healthier life. If one is mindful with their self in a whole sense - physical, mental, social, emotional - then you will a fuller and healthier life. right mindset is the key :)

New Threads