New guy here. Hello and tips welcome.

Reaction score
I just turned 37. Dad Bod. I decided to get in shape. Spent a good deal of time on YouTube learning diet and proper form for lifting. I haven't lifted seriously since high school and then my testosterone wasn't exactly going yet. I'm just a few days past one month in intermittent fasting 20-4 schedule eating at night. I start my day with ACV. Break my fast with beef bone broth and creatine. Lift for an hour before eating fish or chicken, whey protein and veggies. Usually sardines and rice cakes. And beer. Go to bed with a tsp of MCT oil. Yeah I know beer isn't great. So in 30 days lost 20 lbs. I am 6ft started at 275ish lbs. My wrist is 8" which is the only info i found on determining body type. I'm curious about measurements. I tried googling but didn't find much. I started with 16" biceps and a 40" waist. I'm now at 16.5" bicep, 18.5" neck and average 18.75" calves. One leg is 1/2" longer so it's a little bigger. I want to look good and be at a good weight. Is 220 ideal for my size? Is there any suggestions where I should focus? Changes to my diet? Like I said I don't know Jack and won't pretend to. Just looking to learn and find support to reach goals, which i don't know what I want besides lose weight and get strong and big.

Last edited:

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Your handle is Soulcrusher, and you are not sure about his Welcome?

Actually, none of us are sure about Jin; his human sacrifices thing bothers me too. Just consider the sores, and ........ Welcome.

Reaction score
Your handle is Soulcrusher, and you are not sure about his Welcome?

Actually, none of us are sure about Jin; his human sacrifices thing bothers me too. Just consider the sores, and ........ Welcome.
Oooohhh okay I get it. Yeah I don't think about that much. It's been a gamer tag since Diablo 1 it just became my default screen name. It is more related to psychedelics and that kind of soul crushing.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Oooohhh okay I get it. Yeah I don't think about that much. It's been a gamer tag since Diablo 1 it just became my default screen name. It is more related to psychedelics and that kind of soul crushing.

Can you elaborate? With psychedelics the experience is sometimes termed ego crushing.

Is that what you mean ?

Reaction score
Can you elaborate? With psychedelics the experience is sometimes termed ego crushing.

Is that what you mean ?
Yes exactly. You know the typical learning that society and American dream is a lie and everything I had for goals were built on bullshit. That kind of soulcrushing.

Reactions: Jin

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Hey man.
saw your handle and I thought my job had become a user.

seriously, great intro and welcome.

Reaction score
Few post away from sharing gains. Been hitting it hard and keeping my diet in check harder. Everything smells so damn good. I was drunk Saturday. Didn't even call dominoes. The beer made me feel guilty enough all that mix of carbs and sugars.

Reaction score
Hey man.
saw your handle and I thought my job had become a user.

seriously, great intro and welcome.
Thanks honestly I felt awkward joining any forum about fitness given my complete disregard for my body this last 20 years. I just want knowledge, advice and hard earned experience. With Covid19 closing everything I cant join a gym or get a trainer. I'm dedicated though.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Thanks honestly I felt awkward joining any forum about fitness given my complete disregard for my body this last 20 years. I just want knowledge, advice and hard earned experience. With Covid19 closing everything I cant join a gym or get a trainer. I'm dedicated though.

I can relate dude. I was a pretty fat fukk when I joined and had a lot of guys give me some really awful shit for it.

but there were even more guys who stepped up and helped me get my act together. That, more than anything, has helped make a tremendous difference for me.

Reaction score
I can relate dude. I was a pretty fat fukk when I joined and had a lot of guys give me some really awful shit for it.

but there were even more guys who stepped up and helped me get my act together. That, more than anything, has helped make a tremendous difference for me.
I'm too new to post pics but I'll wait probably a month anyway. I'm sure I'll Hit my target by summer if I keep this pace. I'm down 20 lbs with muscle mass increase. I got to the point where I couldn't look myself in the mirror when I was pissing in the toilet. My gut will take time I know. Going from a poor kid to a good job and being able to eat and buy beer really put the weight on. I'm aiming for losing 50 by summer

Tatlifter

Reaction score
Welcome aboard...Keeping asking questions and go back and read old post/threads that interest you..you will find the info you need here...I started out just asking and didnt get a lot of answers...used the search bar and found out what I asked was asked 1000 times already...congrats on the fat loss and keep the motivation going!

New Threads