Hep-c and pinning?

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I know someone tht recently tested positive for hep C,
Never a recreational drug user or needle sharer? Lots of tattoos, some jailhouse,
On trt & said that you can come in contact with hep C from your own blood,if everything is not properly aministrated& sanitized? Is there any truth to this?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Never a recreational drug user or needle sharer? Lots of tattoos, some jailhouse,
On trt & said that you can come in contact with hep C from your own blood,if everything is not properly aministrated& sanitized? Is there any truth to this?

Are you asking if someone with hep-c can infect themselves with hep-c?

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
You can't create hep C. You have to come in contact with it somewhere.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Are you asking if someone with hep-c can infect themselves with hep-c?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg???

Gabriel

Reaction score
Usually needles..........but the virus(hep-c) can live on a surface for 36 hrs.....get that in your system and you have it....I had it and have no idea how I contracted it..Tell you friend to see a Dr. ...start the LONG process and get the cure.........BEST place to go...Carolina Digestive Health. C.NC.....Great people who care!!

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

No..............

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you (I mean your friend) is infected with hep - c already ... it makes little difference because the infection exists both before and after the trt injection ..

A better discussion would be for your friend to be notifying any sexual partners since they last tested negative for hep - c because they are now likely infected.

Once notifications are made seek immediate treatment as the is a cure now.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Trans.....I had the same concern with mine...a very good Q is can you get it thru sex...The basic answer is NO,,,it's a blood to blood transfer,mostly,like 98%...Unless the sex is ruff to the point of bleeding...That's what several Medical Dr.s have told me.........but my girl got tested (as so anyone's past partners should) and she was Negative...

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I have heard you can give yourself hep c from re using your own needles but I don’t know if it’s true and haven’t looked into it because I don’t re use needles..

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Never re-use needles! If you don't have hep c you cant give it to yourself. Keep shit clean and use a new pin every injection! They are cheap and not worth risking infection!

Gabriel

Reaction score
Re-using needles usually happens in the drug world......Pins are cheap enough,never worth the risk...

New Threads