FIRST CYCLE: TEST E- 16 weeks or 20?

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time taking a cycle.
So I'm taking 200mg/week of TEST E. I have my PCT in hand, and ready to be used once I'm done my cycle

Would there be a big difference between doing a 16 week cycle vs a 20 week cycle? I have enough for both (Extra vile incase one breaks).

I've been injured for over 18 months and have resorted to AAS to try and overcome my injury (degenerative discs) by strengthening the muscles around it. I'm going to go on a cycle of Deca eventually. Just doing Test E first as that is what's recommended. Will be doing a bulk at 300 cal surplus.

Please ask if more info is needed!!
Weight: 176
Height: 6'
BF: 16-17%

Sicwun88

Reaction score
None of this is a good idea. I mean, you're talking about degenerative disks and you think adding weight will help that? Slow down dude. Did a doctor advise this?

I agree with deadlifter, besides your 21yr old, there's no reason to go on test!
You don't need test to strengthen your muscles!

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Deadlifter was spot on... wasn’t going to say anything, but I have no self control so here we go!

1) I see this is your first post. Welcome to UGBB.

2) I agree with what’s said above, and I think you’ll find everyone else will too. If you have a history of injuries, you should probably be working with a doctor or other physio-related expert. At age 21, AAS could not only risk shutting you down and make you TRT dependent forever (this isn’t fun) but it could also affect your growth. Not a good idea.

3) all that being said, if you want to go down a path of responsibility, there’s a lot of great information here and some incredible guys. My suggestion would be to post a real intro thread re-outlining your stats, going into detail on your injuries, and discussing your prior experience and goals. There may be ways to help you that don’t require PEDs. It’s SUPER natural to want to jump in the deep end when you hear about the recovery properties, but there’s severe risks too. Not what you want to hear, I’m sure, but there are safer and more effective alternatives given your age and history.

again - welcome. Don’t ruin your life.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Deadlifter was spot on... wasn’t going to say anything, but I have no self control so here we go!

1) I see this is your first post. Welcome to UGBB.

2) I agree with what’s said above, and I think you’ll find everyone else will too. If you have a history of injuries, you should probably be working with a doctor or other physio-related expert. At age 21, AAS could not only risk shutting you down and make you TRT dependent forever (this isn’t fun) but it could also affect your growth. Not a good idea.

3) all that being said, if you want to go down a path of responsibility, there’s a lot of great information here and some incredible guys. My suggestion would be to post a real intro thread re-outlining your stats, going into detail on your injuries, and discussing your prior experience and goals. There may be ways to help you that don’t require PEDs. It’s SUPER natural to want to jump in the deep end when you hear about the recovery properties, but there’s severe risks too. Not what you want to hear, I’m sure, but there are safer and more effective alternatives given your age and history.

again - welcome. Don’t ruin your life.

I've done over 30 sessions of physio/chiro/AT/ etc, in the past 18 months. I've been told by a sports med that trying a cycle wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea for my injury, but that i should be aware of the consequences (which i 100% am)

I have degenerative discs from T4-T7, which has caused me to have partially torn rhomboids that seemingly won't heal. The physios and sport med that I've seen, don't really know how to work around it honestly, as they've said so themselves.

AAS were always my last option, and it's something i'm ready to do long term

(I've been working out for 5 years, was 194 pre-injury, been doing rehab for the past 18 months, with no improvement.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
None of this is a good idea. I mean, you're talking about degenerative disks and you think adding weight will help that? Slow down dude. Did a doctor advise this?

I've asked my sports med if it would be beneficial. He said that it could help me. Physios have also told me the same thing.

Reaction score
I agree with deadlifter, besides your 21yr old, there's no reason to go on test!
You don't need test to strengthen your muscles!
I should've specified that i also have partially torn rhomboids that cause pain/discomfort. Which is moreso what im trying to take care of

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Thanks for providing more info here.

What caused your injury?

No matter what, I keep going back to your age. Your growth plates haven’t fused yet. You say you’re aware of the risks - you’re saying that you’re willing to risk stunting the final phases of muscular-skeletal growth process? Why would you want to risk that?

have you seen an actual doctor recently? Not just sports med.

also - my comments defer to any vets with more experience.

Reaction score
Thanks for providing more info here.

What caused your injury?

No matter what, I keep going back to your age. Your growth plates haven’t fused yet. You say you’re aware of the risks - you’re saying that you’re willing to risk stunting the final phases of muscular-skeletal growth process? Why would you want to risk that?

have you seen an actual doctor recently? Not just sports med.

also - my comments defer to any vets with more experience.

Powerlifting/Olympic weightlifting, overuse of my rhomboids. I'm willing to risk it, because the pain/discomfort gets unbearable when I'm studying or sleeping.

Yes I have, my doctor is on board with me taking AAS. Will be monitoring my levels through him. I'm on week 3 of my cycle.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Powerlifting/Olympic weightlifting, overuse of my rhomboids. I'm willing to risk it, because the pain/discomfort gets unbearable when I'm studying or sleeping.

Yes I have, my doctor is on board with me taking AAS. Will be monitoring my levels through him. I'm on week 3 of my cycle.

Fascinating. This is my stop, though. I don’t have enough experience with folks under 25 with a doctor willing to prescribe AAS. I wish I could help more - but definitely an outlier.

interested in your progress and definitely following along for any other comments.

Reaction score
Fascinating. This is my stop, though. I don’t have enough experience with folks under 25 with a doctor willing to prescribe AAS. I wish I could help more - but definitely an outlier.

interested in your progress and definitely following along for any other comments.
Thanks for the help regardless!

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score

your doctor atually prescribed the test? why are you asking advice from us then and not just doing what he says?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score

Your doctor seems uneducated if he is telling you that 200mg of test per week is going to make a difference. At 21, your test levels are likely just as high as the 200mg per week of test will put your levels. Have you gotten you test levels checked?

Also, stop calling 200mg/wk of test a cycle. Plenty guys out there running 200mg/wk as TRT.

The word cycle and test doesn't go together until somewhere around 400-500mg/week. If you want to actually build muscle, although I don't see how that will help DDD, start with those doses.

Lastly, why not look into stem cell therapy or even HGH? That would make much more sense although I am not 100% convinced that it would reverse existing damage.

New Threads