What's Your After This Is Over Plan.???

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing. I think this has the potential to profoundly change a lot of things.

One of the things I have noticed is that the younger generation is thriving in this. We have moved to virtual meetings with face camera where I work and they love it. Happy to be in their homes and communicate electronically. They prefer it.

Makes me wonder that if this goes on long if a lot of the social norms we are used to will be obsolete.

Trying not to dwell on things too much. I am doing fine, but training has always been a sort of mental therapy for me and I know I have the potential to get dark when I can’t train.

I too tend to get 'dark' when I can't train for a long period of time.

We just have to accept this normal for a little. Gyms will be back.

In order for gyms to be back. We HAVE to stay in. Look at NYC!!!! It's devastating. I hate that my mother has the news on in the AM but, I heard a nurse saying, all she is doing is when she has a moment to her self is, crying. CRYING. She is over whelmed. They were not prepared. Trailer sized refrigerator trucks out back to hold dead bodies.

This is bad. It's so sad. We have to stay in. Society has to crush this curve.

Walk when you can. Take up knitting. Find something you wanted to learn or do but couldn't because, you didn't have time.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I believe that there will be lasting effects. I ordered delivery from Whole Foods today. First time ever. I got to thinking about it. We almost live in a society where no one has to leave their house. Or at least not often.

1. Work - telecommute and work from home. Not everyone can do this, but many can
2. Doctors - there are numerous virtual doctors out there. Sure you would need to go in for certain tests and whatnot, but some things can be done virtually
3. Food - Whole Foods, grub hub, door dash etc...
3. Supplies - Amazon
4. Entertainment - Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, gaming
5. Socializing - phones, FaceTime, Skype, etc.
6. Dating - Gindr, tinder, farmers only, etc..

Now I know this all isn't the same as in real life, but it is where society was headed before this anyway. I think we will see a continuation of social distancing on some level. Ive gone to a bar as single man and it was like I was the only single person there. As if everyone met online and decided to meet at the bar for a date. I have lived in apartments where I have never seen the people living on either side of me. Couldn't tell you what they look like.

The future will be different.

Edit:
Also to add. Travel and globalization. I wonder if there will be less travel of the next few years until everyone kind of forgets about this pandemic. I have also seen people pushing for "Made in the USA."

Could this help bring back local and regional manufacturing? Globalization has been a huge push, but it leaves certain countries vulnerable. My wife doesn't even want to buy anything right now because it says "Made in China." She is afraid she will get sick. Also, if this pandemic was worse than it is, our supply chain could dry up fairly quickly. That could leave us without a lot of things we may need.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Reaction score
Need vs. Want.........We as American need to be self-supporting,,,self-reliant again.....A stand alone Nation that doesn't depend on China,Iran,,or anyone to supply what we NEED...So, if this or something similar happens,we can close the borders and survive..!! NO thrive.!!

Reactions: Jin

New Threads