New Member- deciding on TRT

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm a new member and I'm 28 years of age. I'm thinking about trying TRT out due to some low t symptoms which are: No morning erections, weaker erections that go away fast, hard to gain muscle and strength in gym, and hard time losing belly fat. I've been taking enclomiphene from Defy Medical but I have not had much symptom relief even though my numbers are good. Here are my latest labs.

Total Testosterone - 1,077 High (264-916)
Free Testosterone- 28.4 (9.3-26.5)
SHBG- 47.7 (16.5-55.9)
Estrogen- 40.3 (8.0-35.0)

*If I wasn't taking Clomid my total T is usually in the 600's to 800's. Also that is the lowest my SHBG has ever been, its usually in the 50's to 70's. So my main question is: Would TRT or taking testosterone benefit me ? Also I heard taking TRT greatly decreases seminal volume and shrinks your nuts, is that true?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You would not qualify for trt with levels between 600-800.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score

Welcome to UGBB.
Agreed with DF.
Your estrogen is high.
I suggest an E2 sensitive and prolactin test as well

Reaction score

I can get testosterone if I want to through a men's clinic that will put me on TRT just given my high SHBG level so I have access to TRT if I want to. I just don't know if I should try TRT given my levels but my symptoms are definitely pointing to low T.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
I can get testosterone if I want to through a men's clinic that will put me on TRT just given my high SHBG level so I have access to TRT if I want to. I just don't know if I should try TRT given my levels but my symptoms are definitely pointing to low T.

the symptoms are also pointing to high E2.
when/why did you start taking clomid?

Reaction score
the symptoms are also pointing to high E2.
when/why did you start taking clomid?

I started taking Clomid about a year ago from a private doctor in an attempt to raise my testosterone without going on TRT. Clomid raised my testosterone levels but I had no improvement in symptoms. Actually with my E2 a little high like it is I don't feel any different then when my E2 was lower in the high teens and low twenties. If I stopped taking the Clomid my E2 would definitely be lower.

My testosterone naturally without taking Clomid is in the 600-800 range but my SHBG is usually high in the 60-70 range which lowers my free testosterone quite a bit which I think is causing my low T symptoms. I heard Clomid can make your numbers look better on paper but it usually it does not resolve symptoms. So I am thinking about giving TRT a try at 150mg once a week but I don't know if I should start given all the possible side effects it can cause especially since I want to remain fertile.

Last edited:

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
I started taking Clomid about a year ago from a private doctor in an attempt to raise my testosterone without going on TRT. Clomid raised my testosterone levels but I had no improvement in symptoms. Actually with my E2 a little high like it is I don't feel any different then when my E2 was lower in the high teens and low twenties. If I stopped taking the Clomid my E2 would definitely be lower.

My testosterone naturally without taking Clomid is in the 600-800 range but my SHBG is usually high in the 60-70 range which lowers my free testosterone quite a bit which I think is causing my low T symptoms. I heard Clomid can make your numbers look better on paper but it usually it does not resolve symptoms. So I am thinking about giving TRT a try at 150mg once a week but I don't know if I should start given all the possible side effects it can cause especially since I want to remain fertile.

as always - I defer to vets with more experience here -

your total T is high
your free T is high
your E2 is high

E2 is about finding the sweet spot. Being too low can also give you the sides you’re thinking of.

i, personally, think TRT based on your levels of production isnt the way to go. definitely not an MD here, but I think there must be other factors in play.

1) what’s your diet like?
2) are you on any other medication? Maybe SSRIs?

Reaction score

your total T is high
your free T is high
your E2 is high

E2 is about finding the sweet spot. Being too low can also give you the sides you’re thinking of.

i, personally, think TRT based on your levels of production isnt the way to go. definitely not an MD here, but I think there must be other factors in play.

My diet is pretty much whatever I can can get. I’m not on a special diet or anything. I don’t eat like crap though either. I don’t take any medications. Is there a way I could lower my E2 naturally besides taking an Arimidex?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Why would you think that trt would lower your shbg?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

your total T is high
your free T is high
your E2 is high

V is dead on here.

Let me get this right, a Medical Doctor scripted Clomid to someone in the mid range TT?

The accepted number in general for testosterone total is 5x the weekly dose. This is just a ball park but for argument sake, lets use it. That would put you at about 750 ng/dL so there would be no real gain. Get it out of your head to do more, that's not what I'm saying.

Look, if you're trying to justify going on testosterone, this is not the way to do it. Man up and make your mind up. You should be doing some research here and asking some real questions. Oh and get to know the gang here, they can help!

Reaction score
Yes my doctor agreed that my free testosterone was on the lower range of normal but this was a different blood test then what I just posted on here, supposibly the blood test I had done that I posted on here is inaccurate when measuring free testosterone according to my doctor. My SHBG was over the high end of normal and my free testosterone was on the lower range of normal so he agreed I should try Clomid given my Low T symptoms (no morning wood, weaker erections and if I got one it goes away super fast, hard time burning belly fat and gaining muscle, strength, lower energy). Those symptoms got to be something to do with my testosterone.

Even though Clomid raised my numbers a bit on paper, I still don't feel any symptoms relief.

So what your saying is, if I want try TRT I should man up and give it a try if I feel it may help? And I have done plenty of research on TRT believe me. I have been researching testosterone for over 5 years lol. And I definitely will get to know the gang.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
I’d say no TRT. Your level is high and you’re to young. Do more research, make educated decision, get ALL your supplies before you start including pct. get blood at the beginning, during and post. Welcome aboard. Stick around and learn. I’ve been in the game 35 years and I learn here on the regular. Smart people on this board. All the best!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Yes my doctor agreed that my free testosterone was on the lower range of normal but this was a different blood test then what I just posted on here, supposibly the blood test I had done that I posted on here is inaccurate when measuring free testosterone according to my doctor. My SHBG was over the high end of normal and my free testosterone was on the lower range of normal so he agreed I should try Clomid given my Low T symptoms (no morning wood, weaker erections and if I got one it goes away super fast, hard time burning belly fat and gaining muscle, strength, lower energy). Those symptoms got to be something to do with my testosterone.

Even though Clomid raised my numbers a bit on paper, I still don't feel any symptoms relief.

So what your saying is, if I want try TRT I should man up and give it a try if I feel it may help? And I have done plenty of research on TRT believe me. I have been researching testosterone for over 5 years lol. And I definitely will get to know the gang.

I'm no Dr. but I can tell you both hand and from seeing many come through the door that if you're TT is in mid range, there's more at play that is causing you're symptoms.

I'm happy you did some research and that's a lot of research. I'm also happy you are planning on becoming a part of our community. For that, I'm not going to offer you answers, but questions.

1. How many men your age are still waking up with a stiffy?
2 What role does stress play in your symptoms?
3. Can any life changes (work, job, relationships) in you life cause this?
4. Can one or all of these be fixed some other way?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
You don't need more testosterone. TRT would be careless with your levels. Most people on TRT would kill for your numbers.

If you want to do a cycle, do it. If you chose to inject testosterone for the rest of your life with your current numbers, you are ignorant.

Go to a real doctor, get bloodwork and discuss logical treatment for your ED and fat stomach.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
muscle building problems likely from not eating enough quality food or shit training. With your hormone levels, you should put on muscle easy. If you want to build muscle buy a scale and start tracking your food and eating a proper muscle building diet. Train hard, focus on getting progressively stronger over time

dick issues most likely from stress etc. I don’t think many people natural or enhanced wake up everyday with a stiffy.

Last edited:

New Threads