DIY cable cross over.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
I think I am going to add this to the list of shit to build. I have tons of scrap lumber and constantly get more from work,

I have the space to build it. And it looks simple enough.

Really miss my cable machines.

Now , if I could think of a way to allow it to hold standard and oly.mpic weights that would be great.

Any thought?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I actually made my own many moons back. I did use steel, not sure how dead trees would work but you're not loading it up. If ya got the lumber, double up the top cross piece, it will be more stable.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I actually made my own many moons back. I did use steel, not sure how dead trees would work but you're not loading it up. If ya got the lumber, double up the top cross piece, it will be more stable.

That or a single 2x8 would also work but id definitely add some strength...from a framing perspective thats alot of soace with no vertical support. Take pics when done!

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Yes, I have plenty of lumber, header material ect...
As far as loading it up, I'm guessing it should be fine if built correctly, the stuff holds up most of the homes that are built.
I don't need more than 250LBs for rows anyways.

Will take pics as I get this going. So far got 4 projects at home I'm working on.

Chicken coop
Clubhouse/swingset for the kids
Raised garden beds for the Mother in Law
And now this.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If you don't mind having it anchored down, look into a Ramset Power Hammer. If you don't have one, I think they are about 20 bucks. The base ain't moving after you use one of them.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
If you don't mind having it anchored down, look into a Ramset Power Hammer. If you don't have one, I think they are about 20 bucks. The base ain't moving after you use one of them.
Yup, planed on stealing it from work again this weekend or next. ita what I used for the chicken coop to put up my walls.
Amazing little things

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha lucky bastard. Good for you man. Build that bad boy

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Alright finished with the Diy cable cross overs...

Went and got the stuff I needed for a loading pin..

Then went on Craigslist last night and found this guy for $200 ... So this is what I went with... Has up to 210lbs resistance, will be good for flys some lat work, curls and triceps.
I have the option to purchase higher resistance rods in the future. But it will be a good addition to add with my barbell, curl bar and few dumbbells I have.
20200404-163605.jpg

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had one back in the day. Good item to have in a pinch. Nice find SSteve that price in this climate is a home run.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
I had one back in the day. Good item to have in a pinch. Nice find SSteve that price in this climate is a home run.

That's what I thought, easily portable as well and the set up was nothing really at all. Pulled a pin and it was ready to go.

I was looking forward to creating my own, however couldn't pass up the deal, seen it and jumped before anyone else could.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought, easily portable as well and the set up was nothing really at all. Pulled a pin and it was ready to go.

I was looking forward to creating my own, however couldn't pass up the deal, seen it and jumped before anyone else could.

Our little base mod bow flex was great for hitting parts of my chest I just couldn’t get to with dummies, bench and push ups. People are going to accuse you of being on steroids.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Our little base mod bow flex was great for hitting parts of my chest I just couldn’t get to with dummies, bench and push ups. People are going to accuse you of being on steroids.

****, I hope not I'm all natty... Except for the test, mast, Npp, Tren & clen..... But other than that all natty... Don't want people getting the wrong idea and shit.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
****, I hope not I'm all natty... Except for the test, mast, Npp, Tren & clen..... But other than that all natty... Don't want people getting the wrong idea and shit.

Those are no big deal. In 2 years Frank Thomas will be pitching that stack on cable tv commercials

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
Those are no big deal. In 2 years Frank Thomas will be pitching that stack on cable tv commercials

Lmfao I love those commercials!

" Boost your un natural testosterone levels, and she'll be thanking you ;) "
Call now to get a free months trial vial! And if you call in the next 30 mins we'll also include free syringes and alcohol wipes to help get you started.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Lmfao I love those commercials!

" Boost your un natural testosterone levels, and she'll be thanking you ;) "
Call now to get a free months trial vial! And if you call in the next 30 mins we'll also include free syringes and alcohol wipes to help get you started.

oooooh I'm in! :32 (19):

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Damn bro giving me ideas I’m itching for come pec cable flys..... I’m not handy at all but if there is a will there is a way.