Anavar questions

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
As some of you may know, I was prescribed 50 mg of anavar daily for metabolic syndrome. Since none of us can go to the gym, will it be useless to take it when I receive my prescription over the weekend? Unfortunately, I will have to start taking it because I need to have a liver function test performed in 12 weeks. In other words, whether it is useless or not, I'm still taking it...

Also, I was performing some research and I could have sworn someone stated to take it with either a grapefruit in the morning or with a healthy dose of naringin to have more of the var in one's system. Is there any truth to this or is it just bro-science?

Lastly what are the side effects of this, aside from liver processing? Someone I know who took it stated that I could expect headaches the first few days, but that is about it. I'm more worried about insomnia because I sleep like crap as it is...

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Yes, of course start using it.

ride a bike pushups situps jumprope lift 5 gallon buckets of water etc.

Anavar is a wonderful product youve hit the jackpot.

Personally have never experienced any of those negative side effects.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you're prescribed it, then absolutely take it. You're taking it for a specific medical reason, don't let bodybuilding cloud that.

It was created to help prevent muscle wasting, so at least it should help with that.

I've used it, and the only side effect I got was lower back pumps while lifting. I had to be aware of them, and ride the line between pumps and painful cramps.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I think your grapefruit theory is broscience

When I use it, or did. Always with coffee - there is some science there. I no longer have access to those links.

If your doc has you on it and you're doing blood work well... You should take it

You aren't taking this for bodybuilding purposes as CJ said. You have a legit medical reason. 50mg?! Seems a little high. Especially if you're getting REAL var. Are you use it's not .5mg?

It's been so long since I used var alone, I think really I just broke out badly. Due to the Andro vs. Anabolic raiting. If we are speaking science and bodybuilding, I feel superdrol is far more superior. I think var is over rated. I like it but, much rather superdrol.

Last edited:

Tatlifter

Reaction score
Yes 25mg twice a day is a very common anavar dose. Take it just as the doctor said to.

as stated this is for medical purposes.

with that said continue to train (even with gyms closed) push ups, pull ups, abs, curls, bike, whatever you have access to. If you dont have access to any types of weights then use your body weight.

Now you are getting the benefits of the medical purpose with possible benefits from working out with it...win win

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i would buy some ugl var and save the human grade for when u can lift

German89

Elite
Reaction score

Tatlifter

Reaction score
Lovely.

A member from another board brought it to our or at least my attention to down with coffee so. That's what I do.

I've heard this before as well German..just checked out the graph on that link and thats pretty impressive..

I as well as someone else had mentioned earlier have heard the grapefruit theory as well but Have yet to see lab proof..

Good thing I love Coffee

Runn

Lady Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for it but with everything closed it is impossible

Redemption79

Reaction score
If you're prescribed it, then absolutely take it. You're taking it for a specific medical reason, don't let bodybuilding cloud that.

It was created to help prevent muscle wasting, so at least it should help with that.

I've used it, and the only side effect I got was lower back pumps while lifting. I had to be aware of them, and ride the line between pumps and painful cramps.

Same here; lower back and calf pumps/cramps. Mine went away after the first couple weeks though, and with the addition of some electrolytes (can't say if that had an effect or not for sure).
I never had any headaches or insomnia, and I seem to be somewhat headache-prone with a few other meds.

sfw509

Reaction score
I want your doctor. Hahaha.

What do people attribute the lower back pumps too? I have never heard of this in relation to anavar/oxandrolone.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye on hdl and id recommend citrus bergamot to help raise those hdl levels while using var... It has a propencity to destroy good cholesterol... Other than that coffee up and drain that swamp (of visceral fat)

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I have never got any negative sides off anavar. Good sides were got harder and stronger. Like mentioned take the var.

New Threads