How Many Pushups can You do In 60 Seconds

kdraoui

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]My record is 70![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And, that was after shoulder workout. I don't seem to get as many when I do it before the workout for some reason.[/FONT]

German89

Elite
Reaction score

I'm too fat and my core sucks. and it triggers my shoulder because it can't handle the weight.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Prolly by the time I kneel down, ONE!

Reactions: CJ

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been doing 5 sets of 25 everyday. I haven't checked how many I can push to failure

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
that's 1 pushup every .85 seconds. idk dude.
there was a guy in my Army basic training platoon that was able to do 120 pushups in 2 minutes so I guess it's possible.
he was pretty small.
at 265lbs I can still knock out 50 but prefer to do them slow and make them count, so sets of 20 are just fine, add a resistance band, 15 is good.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm in the Gib camp on this, quality over quantity. I'm sure 40 good ones in a min.

Not to thread hijack but how about a real 1 handed push up, all the way down?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
50 in 60 should be no problem

Reaction score
IMO If you can’t do 20 good push-ups why are you even bench pressing.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
IMO If you can’t do 20 good push-ups why are you even bench pressing.

That's not fair!

I can't bench it just irritates the heck out of my shoulder. If I go heavier than maybe 50lbs db, I can't go higher in reps. It's just toast. The tear that's there, will never heal. It's been healing since 2017. This time away from the gym might help a little. But, knowing me, I'll tweak it again.

Reaction score
That's not fair!

I can't bench it just irritates the heck out of my shoulder. If I go heavier than maybe 50lbs db, I can't go higher in reps. It's just toast. The tear that's there, will never heal. It's been healing since 2017. This time away from the gym might help a little. But, knowing me, I'll tweak it again.

i get it. My shoulders never been the same after a certain time I injured it. Time off does help and constantly correcting form does too but the shoulder is a weird joint that is always bothersome after you initially injure it. Kind of like knees I guess.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
its possible but its more likely to get more sit up in...ive gotten 57 before but that was it and that was down to fist. so they might not of been all full push ups but who knows...

Rigorhead

Reaction score
I can do around 40 if I'm trying to go as far as possible. Idk how many I could do in 60 seconds though. I do 100 push-ups every morning (almost). I'll do a couple of sets of 30, then a couple of sets of 20. By then I'm toast.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We used to have different challenges at my gym every Saturday. This was one of them.
I did 45ish. I was much younger and my shoulder was still good.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh I didn't notice the minute part. I'm pretty sure I could knock off 50 in 60 seconds with one set if needed

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I have never attempted it. I have been doing 4 sets of 25-30 but good reps lately.

I would imagine that there is an advantage for a lighter guy/gal.

I feel confidant that I could do 40-50 in a minute but I also weight around 270. If I cut weight to 240-250, I could probably do more but I would be skinny and fuk that.

chandy

Reaction score
can't say they are perfect or anything (but good enough people counted them) but before i got out the army i was able to do 120 for our 2 min. so 60 for 60.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
how about a real 1 handed push up, all the way down?

I knew a guy who could do a few one-handed push ups (and he'd learned from another guy who could do something like 20 or 25.

According the them it was all technique, and had little to do with power/strength.

Last edited:

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
That's not fair!

Been dealing with this issue for 8 months now, slowly feeling better for everyday stuff (putting on shirts, washing hair, getting things in cabinets overhead, etc) but cant bench with barbell. Light dumbbells has been good if I start w/ my hands (palms) facing each other like a flye. And then twist a tiny bit as I go up. (Cant straighten out all the way at top). Really sucks. I miss training heavy on upper-body so bad, at least SQ and DL arent affected. And whats odd is I can do BNP (behind neck) just fine, so there's that. Its more of a front delt tear/impingement. Blows...

chandy

Reaction score
i said this in another thread. but u should try getting massages. it helped my labrum tear in the right shoulder. (which for as bad as they said the tear was healed pretty quick) but because of a **** up with some military drills i ****ed up my left shoulder with a AC join tear/ labrum tear and some kinda minimal damage to my rotator cuff. and i had that for almost a full 3 years before i started getting massages on in and around the area.

i was at the point where i couldn't do heavy weights over head or even out infront of me. so benching or DB lateral raises or anything of the sort would kill my shoulder quick burn and fatigue. but with 3 months i was getting it once a week for an hour it hasn't bothered me in the gym at all. food for thought. could buy a massaging tool or if u have a wife or husband... if they will massage a large area and get in deep on some of the more tinder spots it might help.

same goes to you german89. best of luck and how the injury heals up!

German89

Elite
Reaction score
i said this in another thread. but u should try getting massages. it helped my labrum tear in the right shoulder. (which for as bad as they said the tear was healed pretty quick) but because of a **** up with some military drills i ****ed up my left shoulder with a AC join tear/ labrum tear and some kinda minimal damage to my rotator cuff. and i had that for almost a full 3 years before i started getting massages on in and around the area.

i was at the point where i couldn't do heavy weights over head or even out infront of me. so benching or DB lateral raises or anything of the sort would kill my shoulder quick burn and fatigue. but with 3 months i was getting it once a week for an hour it hasn't bothered me in the gym at all. food for thought. could buy a massaging tool or if u have a wife or husband... if they will massage a large area and get in deep on some of the more tinder spots it might help.

same goes to you german89. best of luck and how the injury heals up!
A massage would be nice. I feel the knot in my back that often gets triggered with doing some things. It's been there for a long time.

But not in my budget and if I can remember to get a tennis ball back there, I do but, sometimes if I hit it the wrong way, it triggers my neck. Just leave it be. lol

@ROT.. And yup... Same thing... I have to watch the movement very closely. My grips. Weights. and where the ROM ends and TUT

New Threads