immigrants in the US

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
k so just had the most positive experience with an immigrant to date and wanted to throw this on the board...
Dude picked us up(lyft) curbside, opened our door, car smelled great, asked us how we were, if the music was ok and such.
so friendly. I started to learn more about him, he's from Lebanon, moved here 2 years ago. Works everyday from 1/2pm - 5/6am and loves his job.
super polite and positive.
faith in humanity restored tonight.
he broke the usual mold that most immigrants in my opinion portray.
I am not a racist, more a realist, I would have a million of this man move to the US trust that, unfortunately the majority just come here and feel entitled and bleed the system.
hats off to this lyft driver.
idk what the point of this post is other than the dude was on point and I respectfully wanted to give props

Last edited:

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Most terrorist are polite & outgoing!
Except for our government, which in my opinion is the biggest terrorist group in the world! But anyway the USA is a country that is nothing but immigrants, except for American Indians,who were the 1st to experience terrorism at it's Best!

Tatlifter

Reaction score
I work with many Immigrants..

They work the hardest, complain the least, and actually care about doing a good job..

Why? Because they know what its like to have nothing or work for nothing.

Most are hear to support their families the best they can. Now there are bad apples in every race, country, etc. that ruin it for them.

If I lived in mexico or a foreign country and someone said you cant cross this imaginary line cause its illegal but if you do then the life will be better..

work will be plentiful and you can make minimum wage there and still make 10-50 times what you make now...you wont have to worry about your child starving or being killed be cartel or corrupt government..

If you were there and had a family/kids would you not cross the imaginary line to better their future? I know i would!

Side note...I like trump...I own a business..Im not a bernie or hillary where anyone and everyone should get what they are owed..

but I believe if you come and bust ass to do good for your family you shouldnt be scorned for that...the ones that cant better themselves..Peace

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Immigrants Make America Grateful Again.

Many current Americans just assume everything we have here is how it's supposed to be. Sometimes it takes the new arrivals to remind us how good we have it.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Mrs. BRICKS and the two little Bricklettes ( not so little anymore, 29 and 25) are immigrants. Son is on his way to anesthesia school and daughter is a Navy Seabee.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
My parents came here to give birth to me because their first kid was born premature In Poland on Christmas Eve and the doctors were all at home because It’s a major holiday and due to lack of doctors he died my mom swore she will never have a child in Poland again so when she got knocked up with me she came to America.

How was she able to do that? Her dads brother fought in the war with Americans and when the war was over he was offered to come back to the US with them and get a citizenship he accepted and started bringing over the rest of the family.

My dad paid cash at the hospital when I was born because he did not know you can pay payments he was not the best father or husband but he worked always his ass off all the way until he went on disability even after his open heart surgery while he was not working his job he went and drove a limo so he can catch up on bills.

Not all immigrants are awesome or contribute to the country as well as not all Americans are great them selves look how many American sumbags there are. It all has to do with the person no matter what nationality or color a good person is a good person a scumbag is a scumbag.

When is was growing up the polish kids called me a hamburger and didn’t like me and my hillbilly American neighbors called me a dumb pollack and said go back to your country lol I was born here either way I couldn’t win I don’t judge anyone by their color or nationality but by their morals and how they are as a person.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Gibz... I'll have you know... I was a immigrant too. DUH!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Gibz... I'll have you know... I was a immigrant too. DUH!

lol ok, I have nothing against immigrants, especially all the hard working ones, was just giving the man some props!
idk about other states or Canada but here in Cali the majority of interactions i have with immigrants isnt pleasant.
most of them act like they're better than you, entitled, are rude af and just work the system to the best of thier abilities.
a lot refuse to even learn the English language and fly thier home flag instead of showing pride and thankfullness they're here.
the man I wrote about is a perfect example of why it's great to have hard working immigrants here in the US. that's all. ;)

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
7 out of the 9 scientists who developed the atomic bomb for us were immigrants...

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was not born here either. We were poor af when we came to America. Lol my country held my brother from coming in because he needed to serve in the army. We came the old fashioned way, legally. I remember being 8 or 9 sitting in court pledging my allegiance to becoming a U.S.citizen. I don't know how my parents made it work with 5 boys. But somehow, they did.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
lol ok, I have nothing against immigrants, especially all the hard working ones, was just giving the man some props!
idk about other states or Canada but here in Cali the majority of interactions i have with immigrants isnt pleasant.
most of them act like they're better than you, entitled, are rude af and just work the system to the best of thier abilities.
a lot refuse to even learn the English language and fly thier home flag instead of showing pride and thankfullness they're here.
the man I wrote about is a perfect example of why it's great to have hard working immigrants here in the US. that's all. ;)
Dude I lived in Southern California for the past 14 years and Mexicans r great ppl. I don't know what ur talking about 'working the system' when the so many of the undocumented ones actually pay taxes and social security without even collecting it when they get older.

And I'm not even gonna approach the 'flying the flag' bullshit u said bc it's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. And I'm something of a 14th / 15th generation American, mf. View attachment 9633

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Dude I lived in Southern California for the past 14 years and Mexicans r great ppl. I don't know what ur talking about 'working the system' when the so many of the undocumented ones actually pay taxes and social security without even collecting it when they get older.

And I'm not even gonna approach the 'flying the flag' bullshit u said bc it's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. And I'm something of a 14th / 15th generation American, mf. View attachment 9633

you can have your opinion and I'll have mine dude.

German89

Elite
Reaction score

We have the same issue in canada.

i won't speak my opinion. my mother is a immigrant. it doesn't even come down to immigration itself. it comes down to the person..

I don't raise the german flag in the morning... Maybe I will. Maybe. I. Will.

Last edited:

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Did you call him a "mf"? Lol

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Did you call him a "mf"? Lol

Is thanking my post a yes or no?

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
didnt even see that Jol.
very strong words from a very weak looking individual.
I dont care to turn this or any thread you comment on into a pissing match so I'll leave it there wise guy.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
didnt even see that Jol.
very strong words from a very weak looking individual.
I dont care to turn this or any thread you comment on into a pissing match so I'll leave it there wise guy.

I don't know. Maybe a pissing match with el chapo here could be fun. Break up the coronavirus-fest a bit.

Last edited:

New Threads