Looking for some sort of direction..

Reaction score
Hey guys.. looking for some advice ..

I’m coming up on 30 years old, and have been lifting since I was in middle school. I feel like I need to make a change. I’m not a small guy, but also not a giant (6’1 210), but don’t really know where to start when it comes to gear or PH.. dabbled in a million random supplements over the years, but the few that have worked have been discontinued, and I don’t really know what to trust anymore.

I’m hesitant to get into any real deal shit, merely because I don’t have somebody to guide me through it and make sure I’m cycling correctly or getting the right shit.. I want to keep muscle and lose fat, and not to to look like I’m a tank who is obviously juicing. Seeking more of an athletic look, which I’m having trouble getting to on my own. I try to eat lean and clean, and I keep toying with my macros and workouts, and it that trial & error approach has helped me a little in those regards. Not really looking to do a T&E with supplements/gear though.

Any input on where to start or what to take or what not to take would be really helpful and appreciated

Reaction score
Also, I see there’s a million threads like this. Not sure .. so apologies for redundancy

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
You should not take anything.

Out of curiosity you have been lifting since middle school? And not found 1 person this many years that has taken anything or can teach you anything?

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. What are your goals?

Reaction score
That’s a good point. But not really. People have come and gone in my life who I’ve lifted with and people who have been on juice, but nobody currently that I would make a point to reconnect with at this stage in my life. I don’t have gym buddies these days. Before quarantine, it was basically just wake up, go to work, hit the gym, go home to the wife... thankfully I still have access to gym equipment, but I have less contact with anyone who could help me.

Tatlifter

Reaction score
Welcome to UG...check out the stickies on the anabolic discussion thread...lots of great info there that will answer most if not all of your questions...start with Am I ready To cycle..read thoroughly

Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. What are your goals?

Looking for a more cut/athletic look without giving up size. I’ve tried a ketogenic diet, but I lose too much muscle and strength. I’ve added back carbs and tried to adjust my macro accordingly, but I gain too much fat.. maybe I don’t have the nutrition down to an exact science, but I also feel like I put in a ton of effort and would like to see more progress. I already have fairly low T levels for a 29 year old. I still have a nice amount of muscle, but really would like to just look leaner and meaner overall

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Welcome man. A lot of new members. U said a lot there. I come from a similar back ground but I’m over 40 now at 6 ft 190. So by my bro science one inch is ten lbs pretty much but it’s hard for me to recommend anything not knowing your body type a pic would really help.n I can put u on to some things to research and decide on you own if you want but I won’t recommend you take anything . Only you can decide that. There’s a million body types and a million ways to do things. So I’ll just give u this. Find a pro ur body type resembles n I’d like to look more like. Mines Seth feroce. I watched all his training videos. His pod cast is a waste of time imo but with a a few of his tips really helped my shoulders n chest what little one I have but it’s been the best improvement I’ve made from just workout style. Good luck keep us posted. There’s a lot of good brothers here that know way more then me . I post the same stuff to it’s hard to figure this site out I’m still learning... no big deal. Stay hungry man

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Well not seeing u 6’1 210 is a good weight to be it sounds like u need to replace fat with muscle.. if u don’t have my fitness pal down loaded it really helped me with what to eat next. Best thing for u is to post ur goals in log forum n post ur diet n trading with pics and brothers will help u from there before u go try anything. My opinion

Reaction score
Alright .. I’ll see if there’s a pro I can compare myself to, but highly doubtful I will find one considering that’s not the kind of shape I’m in haha..

ill post a few pics if that actually will be helpful

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Welcome to ug,
Plenty of resourceful information here+

Reaction score
Well not seeing u 6’1 210 is a good weight to be it sounds like u need to replace fat with muscle.. if u don’t have my fitness pal down loaded it really helped me with what to eat next. Best thing for u is to post ur goals in log forum n post ur diet n trading with pics and brothers will help u from there before u go try anything. My opinion

210 but with skinny legs. I stopped working out for a year in my mid 20s, and then made the mistake of focusing entirely on upper body when I got back into training

rexwal

Reaction score
At 30 yrs old your natural testosterone production is likely on the decline. Everybody will have a differing opinion on whether you should and whether you shouldn't use gear, what gear and what dosages. My first cycle I used 30 mg/d of dbol for 6 weeks and put on 18 lbs. I think this would be a good place to start and its an opportunity to see how your body responds to gear. Are you prone to high blood pressure, water retention, etc.

Reaction score
At 30 yrs old your natural testosterone production is likely on the decline. Everybody will have a differing opinion on whether you should and whether you shouldn't use gear, what gear and what dosages. My first cycle I used 30 mg/d of dbol for 6 weeks and put on 18 lbs. I think this would be a good place to start and its an opportunity to see how your body responds to gear. Are you prone to high blood pressure, water retention, etc.

HBP runs in my family, but luckily I’ve avoided it so far... I’m not really looking to put on 20lbs of muscle necessarily, but maybe I’m misinformed .. I was looking at winny because of the ability to cut fat and get that harder look, but the negatives seem like they outweigh the positives .. I know there’s nothing that’s going to magically be perfect with no consequences, but some of the shit I was reading scared me off a bit... The only person I know that used dbol had a bulkier/power lifter look and that’s not really what I’m going for. Although I guess how you workout really decides the shape of your body

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score

This isn't exactly the best advice. An oral only cycle is a disaster.

OP, there are plenty of answers to you questions on our forum if you chose to search for them. All of your questions have been answered many times through the years.

The absolute best beginner cycle for any male is testosterone at 400-500 mg/week. Nothing will give you better gains with the least amount of side effects. You would be using a hormone that you already produce but at a much higher level. From there you will need to learn about AI's and PCT.

Here are some links to help you navigate to the right places to look for your answers. After you read ALL of the stickys(highlighted in grey), post a thread with specific questions.

LINK-1

LINK-2

Good Luck and happy researching.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Looking for a more cut/athletic look without giving up size. I’ve tried a ketogenic diet, but I lose too much muscle and strength. I’ve added back carbs and tried to adjust my macro accordingly, but I gain too much fat.. maybe I don’t have the nutrition down to an exact science, but I also feel like I put in a ton of effort and would like to see more progress. I already have fairly low T levels for a 29 year old. I still have a nice amount of muscle, but really would like to just look leaner and meaner overall

Have you tried carb cycling? In a nutshell, it's a plan around high, med, and low carb days. The amount of carbs you ingest is related to the level of activity you have that day. So... if it's a lifting day and you're pulling or squatting, you'll be consuming a lot of carbs, medium protein, and low to no added fats. If it's a non training day, then it would be low carbs, high fat, and high protein. The total Kcal amount is basically the same.

Reaction score
Have you tried carb cycling? In a nutshell, it's a plan around high, med, and low carb days. The amount of carbs you ingest is related to the level of activity you have that day. So... if it's a lifting day and you're pulling or squatting, you'll be consuming a lot of carbs, medium protein, and low to no added fats. If it's a non training day, then it would be low carbs, high fat, and high protein. The total Kcal amount is basically the same.

This sounds interesting... but the way we digest food, does that really check out? Are the carbs going to be broken down & available for use same-day, or would I go higher carb the night before a big workout? .. I guess I can just do my own research, but I’ll check this out... thanks

Reaction score

so this is the look I want. I feel like it can be achieved naturally, but I clearly don’t know how

Attachments

• 334B22D4-961B-4CD2-8633-26FE04B83356.jpg
    334B22D4-961B-4CD2-8633-26FE04B83356.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 11

New Threads