Cashout's HRT Exit Strategy

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I imagine this wouldn't apply to me. I'll be 56yrs old in January and I've been on TRT for about 3 years. I probably need to stay on it.

Reaction score
I would not at your age, you can pm cash out and see what he has to say!

Reactions: Rip
Reaction score
it is but its not a one size fits all type of thing. I am on 1 mg of armidex a day. It is highly unlikely if you are able to get off it that your natural levels will come back to anything close what they were when you started or else you wouldn't be on it in the first place. There is a reason they say it is for life and it probably will remain that way, seeing how most research companies are not dropping mega bucks or any bucks trying to get people off trt! That is great it worked for you cash out but most people will not be able to get even half the results. Great job though and keep up the great work bro!

Well being 22 my levels shouldn't be as low as they are. I've ruled out thyroid issues, sleep apnea, and pituitary tumors. Looking back through blood work of the last 3 years, (only been on trt for 6 months) I've always had low cortisol and dhea-s. I believe I have adrenal fatigue. After all I have trained over 3 hours a day for the last 7 years, under eat as to make weight for my sport, and indulged in heavy caffeine use to make it through training sessions.

I believe if I can remedy my adrenals I can recover. I'm pretty sure cashout himself went through the same thing,
over training + stress that led to his initial decline in testosterone levels.

I'm not expecting a 900 test level but my natural 384 doesn't cut it, especially with super high SHBG. My normal level was around 20 naturally and after pct is stayed over 60 for 4 months until I began TRT.

Last time I ran cash's restart my levels were great for 2 months, over 1000 then ended up dropping down the next 2 months into the gutter. Also my SHBG sky rocketed into the 70's plus giving me no free testosterone.

I want to heal my adrenals as much as I can and gives this restart another shot but I woudln't know what to change to avoid elevated SHBG and to aid in recovery.

Last edited:

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks Underdeed. I imagine at my age I am hypogonadal without it. I've been taking 200MG/week for a while now. I'm not taking AI's because my doctor doesn't believe in them and won't prescribe them. Also, I'm not taking HCG, because last time I took it, my nipples started to get a little weird.
I just got my bloodwork back and I know the Doctor is going to say my test is too high. Here's the results:
Total Testosterone - 938
Free Testosterone - 231.7
Estrodial - 10

What do you think. That's on 200mg/week of Testosterone.

Reaction score
results look fine as far as testosterone is concerned. The typical range is 348-1197. What's your docs problem with being in the upper ranges?
on 200mgs per week I'm around ~1500 test level.
Your Estradiol seems very low, you didn't post a range but 10 using the regular or sensitive panel is way too low imo.
You migh have to pay out of pocket to get a legit estradiol test. #estradiol sensitive through labcorp

What do you think. That's on 200mg/week of Testosterone.[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Rip, my urologist had me on 400 mg every two weeks for a long time with no ai, eventually I got gyno and was pissed at the dr and he still wouldn't give me an ai! I had to see another dr to get one. My uro told me some stupid shit like they have do not know the long term effects or it is not fda approved. Once I saw the dr I am seeing now he completely agreed with me and said the same thing as me testosterone aromatises and was put on my armidex dose. Since then I am at around 12.5 with a reference range going up to 27. I feel great, if your estrogen is very low you will probably have symptoms such as: achey joints,very low sex drive,decreased memory,muscle atrophy, tiredness if that's even a word. I think your results look good, and as long as you have no issues stick with it!

Reaction score
Rip, my urologist had me on 400 mg every two weeks for a long time with no ai, eventually I got gyno and was pissed at the dr and he still wouldn't give me an ai! I had to see another dr to get one. My uro told me some stupid shit like they have do not know the long term effects or it is not fda approved. Once I saw the dr I am seeing now he completely agreed with me and said the same thing as me testosterone aromatises and was put on my armidex dose. Since then I am at around 12.5 with a reference range going up to 27. I feel great, if your estrogen is very low you will probably have symptoms such as: achey joints,very low sex drive,decreased memory,muscle atrophy, tiredness if that's even a word. I think your results look good, and as long as you have no issues stick with it!

Lethargy :)

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
results look fine as far as testosterone is concerned. The typical range is 348-1197. What's your docs problem with being in the upper ranges?
on 200mgs per week I'm around ~1500 test level.
Your Estradiol seems very low, you didn't post a range but 10 using the regular or sensitive panel is way too low imo.
You migh have to pay out of pocket to get a legit estradiol test. #estradiol sensitive through labcorp

What do you think. That's on 200mg/week of Testosterone.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know she's going to say it's too high. She always does. The E does seem on the low range. I stopped taking the AI I was taking for now. She refuses to prescribe them, because she says the Endocrinologist she trained with doesn't believe in them. LOL

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a 56 year old male who has been on Testosterone continuously for 5 years.
Am I correct in assuming that this isn't something I should consider?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a 56 year old male who has been on Testosterone continuously for 5 years.
Am I correct in assuming that this isn't something I should consider?

It could work? Never know until u try it?

Reaction score
would love to know if Cashouts blood work was done using the standard or sensitive estradiol panel

Reaction score
Cashout, can you please expand on your statement regarding estrogen creeping up maybe helping you in the long run? I've looked back through your posts, and couldn't find a follow up to that statement.

Glad you are here now and good to touch base again.

Things have gone exceptionally well with this exit.

In fact, I am even starting to think that the "one mistake" I made with let my estrogen creep up to +/-40 may have actually helped me overall and not hurt me like I first thought. That is a really long discussion grounded on some evolving theory and I'll save that for another day.

hogs4us2

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout,

Welcome back.....I started my HRT under your advise and it's been almost two years and things are great.......let me say a heartfelt thank you as I was totally new to AAS.....and you reached out to help.

Now I have another question.....I'm 47 male and starting HGH .....I need to lose maybe 20-25 pounds in the gym 5 days a week ...do cardio 30 minutes 4 days .....weights every day.....I eat a low carb diet...

I'm doing 1iu a day at 5 days on 2 off.

Any advise?

Again Thanks Cashout to being a friend to so may that will never be able to repay you.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Guys cash no longer comes on this board... I am sorry but he hasn't in over a year....

New Threads