Cashout's HRT Exit Strategy

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
TRT is for life, but what if you wanted to try to get your own test levels back up after it was lowered by AAS or TRT.

Cashout did a great thread on Ology, but it is hard to find after being moved and is valuable, so I am posting the link and an excerpt here.

"As I have recently past my 2 year anniversary of HRT, I have spent some time reflecting on what I have accomplished with this program.
After extensive research, I turned to HRT a possible solution to my declining test levels in 2009. At the time Istarted HRT, my test level was 579 ng/dl. Not low by most standards but about 30% off my normal levels of 900+ ng/dl that I had maintain for some 15 years.
The symptoms of my declining test were as follows...
1. Frequent overtraining. I had reached a point for the first time in my bodybuilding lifestyle where about every 3 months, I would find myself overtrained. In 20 years daily committed train, this had never happened before.
2. Persistent and chronic minor illness. I had begun a steady process of developing repetitive colds and flu-like illnesses that were a function of #1 above.
3. Loss of muscle mass. Because of #1 & especially #2 above, I had drop about nearly 10 pounds of quality muscle.
4. Lack of metal focus. Again, I had never experienced this in my adult life in any capacity. Focus and will are the only things that I have ever possessed in abundance.

In my 2 years on HRT, I can say that I have remedied all of the above symptoms. So, I would declare my HRT a smashing success.
However, there is still one facet of my HRT that I have yet to assess my EXIT STRATEGY.
Like everything business related Ive owned and been involved in, I always have an exit strategy in the event that it is ever needed.
So, at this juncture, I am considering testing my HRT Exit Strategy to see if will indeed produce the results that I expect.
I am considering this not as a means to quit HRT but to reassure myself that I have covered all my bases and can proceed forward on HRT for the indefinite future knowing that if there is ever an issue down the road, I have already operationalize and tested my exit strategy successfully.
I started constructing my exit strategy based on some of my own previous research and personal experiences from my days using AAS to supplement by competitive bodybuilding. Also, Ive spent a tremendous amount of time and energy in the past 4 weeks discussing my exit strategy with several very knowledgeable physicians.
So, here is the plan that we have constructed and I will follow

Week HCG clomid Nolva letro
1 M/W/F/Su 2000 1.25 M/Th
2 T/Th/Sa 2000 1.25 M/Th
3 M/W/F 2000 1.25 M/Th
3 Sat/Sun 100 40 1.25 M/Th
4 Every Day 100 40 1.25 M/Th
5 100 40 1.25 M/Th
6 100 40 1.25 M/Th
7 40 1.25 M/Th
8 40 1.25 M/Th
9 1.25 M/Th
10 1.25 M/Th

I will take my last 100 mg shot of test cyp on the Monday one week before I start my exit. During the week before exiting, I will also have my blood work done for comparative purposes.
My blood work will be done again on the Friday of the 3rd week towards the end of the HCG treatments, again when I discontinue the clomid treatments, and finally, two weeks after I complete the Nolva treatments.
So, I hope to kick this exit strategy off on the Monday Dec 5th.
I will chronicle the results here for those who are interested."

Z

Zeek

I saw cashout posting on another board today. somebody get that man over here where he will be respected and appreciated!! ;)

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He is very wise from the postings i read.

Thanks rowdy - my head is spinning with TRT & HRT info right now so all of this is helpful.

ZEKE - did the ADVIL help at all?

Z

Zeek

He is very wise from the postings i read.

Thanks rowdy - my head is spinning with TRT & HRT info right now so all of this is helpful.

ZEKE - did the ADVIL help at all?

actually the advil did help me that day, thx Andro!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea, Cashout got a good old fucking on $@""&$ moving his thread. Too bad we can't seem to reach him.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I also have a lot of respect for cashout, he's a very smart guy that will try to help others with his wisdom.

Cashout

Reaction score
Hey guys, just checking in here.

Many of you know, a couple of months ago I moved on from the other site.

Someone here was kind enough to extend me an invite for a visit so I have opted to take him up on his offer.

Seems like a lot of the old regulars are here now.

Looks like a better place for me.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya your talked about and you wernt even.here yet. Lol

Cashout

Reaction score
I want to add a couple of comment to the original post in this thread....

1) The exit worked exceptionally well for me. In short, once I executed the plan I was able to restore my natural hormone levels to pre-decline levels of about 900 ng/dl.

2) From executing the plan, there is one minor change I'd recommend based on my expereience - increase the letro dosage to 1.25 mg EOD as opposed to M/Th. My estrogen elevated to over 40 during my HCG phase. While not terribly high, this did create some negative feedback and ultimately kept my natural test production lower. Blood works throughout the processes supported this idea and once I actually increase my letro my natural test did actually continue to increase.

3) Because of #2, I extended my taper down of Letro to avoid any type of estrogen rebound. I actually add 4 additional weeks to my taper of letro at the end of the exit.

My last blood profile, March 5th, looked great...my test was close to 900 ng/dl and all my related levels (LH, FSH, E) were all in a normal and acceptable range.

I am now starting my 5th month since the completion of the exit protocol and I have a blood draw scheduled for July 6th at 7:30 am.

So, I'll report some additional information next week.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad that this has worked out well for you. Thank you for sharing your exit protocol. Excellent information.

Cashout

Reaction score
I've corresponded with a lot of folks about my 'Exit' over the past 6 months and I wanted to reinforce one very important fact again.

Before I did my first steroid cycle at age 18 (yup, you read that correctly) my natural test levels were around 900 ng/dl.

I did a number of cycles from the time I was 18 until I quit competing at age 23.

After each cycle, which were never more than 12 weeks and never more than 900 mg a week total, I always follow an HCG, Clomid, Nolva PCT and had my test levels check via blood work. Without fail, I was always able to restore my natural test levels to +/- 900ng/dl using that formula.

From the time I was 23 until the time I started HRT in the Fall of 2009 (almost 17 years), I never cycled. I trained and dieted just like I always had but there was no reason for me to cycle since I was not competing.

In that time, my blood work consistently showed a natural test level of near 900 ng/dl.

So, that was clearly my normal natural level.

My point in stating this again is simple. It seems a lot of guys read my exit thread and think that if they follow what I did they too will get a 900 ng/dl natural test level.

Let me say this clearly. If you never had natural test levels that high previously, you are not going to achieve them but using my exit protocol. It very well may take you back to your normal natural test levels but it will not make you something that you never were.

So, if you are going to follow it as a "restart" which I know a lot of guys have done on the other site - your chances of success are pretty good that you'll get the HPTA up and functioning normally again. I know because I've had several guys from the other site do it and tell me it worked for them. One was even able to get his sperm count high enough to get his wife pregnant. Something the Drs told him he was not capable of doing.

That is well and good, just don't expect to hit a 900 natural test level if you have never had one previously...

Regards.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Dfeaton: Thanks for the invite. You're looking great - except when your avatar is next to Cashout's.

Cash: great to see your posts are now more easily accessible. You are a complete and total inspiration.

Me: old bastard on TRT for 6 months, 4 on cream, 2 on Test E. Totally transformed mentally, 10% of the way there physically. I'm detoxing off nearly everything at the moment, start the 3J diet - with the whole family - on the weekend.

Life is good again!

Cashout

Reaction score
BF - Mindset is by far the most important aspect of this. Strong mind = strong body. Where the mind goes the body follows.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Dfeaton: Thanks for the invite. You're looking great - except when your avatar is next to Cashout's.Cash: great to see your posts are now more easily accessible. You are a complete and total inspiration.

Me: old bastard on TRT for 6 months, 4 on cream, 2 on Test E. Totally transformed mentally, 10% of the way there physically. I'm detoxing off nearly everything at the moment, start the 3J diet - with the whole family - on the weekend.

Life is good again!

OH nice invite you over & thats what I get? j/k I enjoy way too many things that Cashout has banished from his diet. Mmmmm pie, cake, icecream ect....
BF enjoy your time here it is a great place to be.

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout is the man when it comes to TRT.. I've gain alot of knowledge from his threads..

Dfeaton, thanks for the invite.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cashout is the man when it comes to TRT.. I've gain alot of knowledge from his threads..

Dfeaton, thanks for the invite.

Not a problem Corvettels3. This is a great place to be make friends, learn and add your .02. Welcome aboard

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the TRT crew gaining speed. Let's get this party started.

New Threads