Jedi’s Log

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Yes, I do. Occasionally I'll miss a day here or there, but it gives you a much more accurate picture as to what's happening.

Also, had tried to Pm you a couple days back. Figured you were just busy, but then didn’t even know if it went through. Also, had a thigh today instead of a breast for the first time. Like you and Brock said, a lot more flavor and better tasting. Might eat more of them than breast for a while. A bit more pricier at the local meat market here, 2.99lb for breast for 3.99lb for thighs. That 3.99 got 2 thighs the other day, boneless already marinated. Overall things going well, but always areas for me to improve.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Didn't get that PM bud. Last one was over a week ago, about the veggies and ice cream.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Weighed myself just now and up to 171.0. First time
I can say I’ve ever saw 170 on a scale. Not sure where the weight is going, but it’s somewhere. 9 more days and gyms will be open back up. Also, next Sunday I’ll post a pic and maybe can see some results of where the weight has went, although it’s still a scary sight seeing myself be as thin as I am.

Edited to add, not sure who gave me a profile pic, but it looks bad ass.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Morning weigh just now as normal when I woke up...171.8. Not a lb as others have been, but not a lose as this was my worse week of eating out of the 4 so far. Gonna try and post some pics later as I figure every month pics might help me in long run to see progress that’s been made or with y’all help determine where the weight is going.

Reactions: CJ

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Damn, just put all that info myfitness pal, said I need to eat roughly 3300 calories. Put my food in for the day and said I fell 1300 calories short and would lost 10lbs in the next 5 weeks.
ur eating to far apart..3 hrs max a lot of people do 2 hours. there is no way you will get 3300 cals that are decent cals eating 4 hours apart..it takes 4 small meals two shakes and some snacks.
I have to eat 3500 and i can only get it if i eat first thing to get my body back in an anabolic state and then every 3 hrs i eat about 10 ounces of some sort of meat aand whatever else i feel like.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
Also, had tried to Pm you a couple days back. Figured you were just busy, but then didn’t even know if it went through. Also, had a thigh today instead of a breast for the first time. Like you and Brock said, a lot more flavor and better tasting. Might eat more of them than breast for a while. A bit more pricier at the local meat market here, 2.99lb for breast for 3.99lb for thighs. That 3.99 got 2 thighs the other day, boneless already marinated. Overall things going well, but always areas for me to improve.
another good way for variety is to choose different sauces to marinate them in..you can find a lot of good meal prep videos...i also eat peanut butter protein balls helps me get 10 grams of protein whenever i want they also have oats in them so pretty good all the way around

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Meals for the day. No workout as the gym I was relying on was closed. Might have to do push-ups, sit ups, and squats and curls with a 15lb kettle bell from here on out until places open back up.

11:00am
4 hardboiled egg
1 piece of wheat toast with strawberry jam
8oz whole milk

3:30pm
Grilled chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
10oz water

7:30 pm
1 grilled chicken breast
1 pack uncle bend 90 second brown rice
10oz water

11:00pm
1/2 pint Ben and Jerry’s milk and cookies

Clearly not enough food, but best I’ve ate in a long time. Also, what about fruits, any chance I can throw some bananas or apples in here. Back when I would eat better I trained with a CrossFit guy and he regularly ate apples and some sort of nuts.

You need to get away from processed foods.

What's your goal for now?

You dont see change in body composition. I think you need to consider being more strict on your diet.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
You need to get away from processed foods.

What's your goal for now?

You dont see change in body composition. I think you need to consider being more strict on your diet.

Diet has changed since the original post about food. Mainly my diet everyday now consist of

Meal1
4 or 5 boiled eggs
1/2 rolled oats mixed with cup whole milk

Meal 2
6-8oz chicken breast
1 1/2 cups of cooked jasmine rice
water

Meal 3
Same as meal 2

Meal 4
2 cans of tuna
baked or sweet potato
water

Meal 5
Half pint Ben and Jerry’s milk and cookies Ice cream

I sometimes add in 2tbsp of peanut butter every day to add some more protein and some days I mix up the chicken with ground beef eating 1/2 each meal still with rice

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Going off mfp for today this will be my totals. Have had all meals except for the ice cream when I get home. Also, for what my goals are...I guess just to get bigger and gain more weight. Right now at 171.8 as of Sunday.
https://ibb.co/8gc3Nyb

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Diet has changed since the original post about food. Mainly my diet everyday now consist of

Meal1
4 or 5 boiled eggs
1/2 rolled oats mixed with cup whole milk

Meal 2
6-8oz chicken breast
1 1/2 cups of cooked jasmine rice
water

Meal 3
Same as meal 2

Meal 4
2 cans of tuna
baked or sweet potato
water

Meal 5
Half pint Ben and Jerry’s milk and cookies Ice cream

I sometimes add in 2tbsp of peanut butter every day to add some more protein and some days I mix up the chicken with ground beef eating 1/2 each meal still with rice

why are you eating ice cream? half pint? for what? what are you accomplishing eating that amount of sugars and dairy

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
why are you eating ice cream? half pint? for what? what are you accomplishing eating that amount of sugars and dairy

for the extra calories. I’m mainly just basing that off a pinned post I saw from like 2014 about a guy eating like twice a day and one of those meals was ice cream

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
what does ur red meat intake look like? one of the best ways to gain mass is beef so im told....seems like you are eating a lot of tuna as well ... careful of your mercury intake.
Bottom line is different strokes for different folks. if u are gaining solid weight dont mess with the meal plan but if u find ur self stuck try adding red meat . pretty soon its going to take more cals then what you are consuming...from what i c your prob eating like 3000 cals.
once u stop noticing a difference just add a meal. unfortunately bb isnt an exact science. you will end up going through a lot of trial and error.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
what does ur red meat intake look like? one of the best ways to gain mass is beef so im told....seems like you are eating a lot of tuna as well ... careful of your mercury intake.
Bottom line is different strokes for different folks. if u are gaining solid weight dont mess with the meal plan but if u find ur self stuck try adding red meat . pretty soon its going to take more cals then what you are consuming...from what i c your prob eating like 3000 cals.
once u stop noticing a difference just add a meal. unfortunately bb isnt an exact science. you will end up going through a lot of trial and error.

I usually try and eat red meat once a day. When I do ground beef I eat a pound a day. Sometimes I’ll eat a steak a day. I try to eat at least 1-2 servings a day, but other days I get none.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Added some hidden valley southwest chipotle to it.
gotta get these grilled chicken breast down on the gas grill.

throw the chicken breast in a crock pot with bone broth or your desired marinade, cooks perfect and way easier to eat.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Weighed in today at 174. Woke up jumped on scales was actually 176, but then add around a bit took a leave and re-weighed myself as I know I didn’t go up to 176 from 171.8. Oh well it’s another gain that I’ll take.

Also, starting the gym tomorrow at Planet FIt was. I know it’s not the best option, but it’s all I got for now. I’m going to try and incorporate the 5*5 strong lifts workout as much as I can, but with no deadlift or barbell row I’ll have to improvise some. I know someone mentioend rows with dumbbells, I’ll have to YouTube them and see how that works. Again, thanks for all the help and advice. Now time to go cook to try for more gains next week.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You said that PH has a Smith Machine. You can do Barbell Rows on that.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
You said that PH has a Smith Machine. You can do Barbell Rows on that.

Yes smith machine and just watched how to do it. Any alternative to doing deadlifts In the 5*5 stronglifts program?

German89

Elite
Reaction score
for the extra calories. I’m mainly just basing that off a pinned post I saw from like 2014 about a guy eating like twice a day and one of those meals was ice cream

What's your overall goal here? Skinny fat?

I hate to say it but... that's what it looks like. And that's what will happen.

Clean the diet up. Unless your blasting slin and gh. There is no room for ice cream in your diet.

New Threads