Jedi’s Log

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes smith machine and just watched how to do it. Any alternative to doing deadlifts In the 5*5 stronglifts program?

Can do DLs in the Smith too, although I don't like doing that.

Could set up the safeties to knee height and do rack pulls.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Weekly weigh in this morning after taking a leak...176.2. Still unsure where all the weight is going, but I’m glad to keep seeing the weight go up for now.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You've gained almost 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks, that's pretty fast.

Be careful it's not excess fat that you're gaining.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
You've gained almost 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks, that's pretty fast.

Be careful it's not excess fat that you're gaining.

Hopefully not to much fat, although I gotta get my ass in the gym.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Has the diet cleaned up?

I haven’t had ice cream in a week since you said stop eating it. Diet mainly consist of the following

Breakfast - 3-5 egg whites 3 eggo waffles with some syrup, 10 oz milk

Meal 2 - 6-8oz chicken breast 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice

Meal 3 - 2 cans of chunk light tuna with 2 pieces of toast

Meal 4 - either chicken as mentioned above or 1/2 lbs of ground beef or turkey. Sometimes 1/2 lb of ribeye with a sweet potato.

Meal 5 - scoop of whey, 12 oz milf, bananna

water will all meals not including milk.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I haven’t had ice cream in a week since you said stop eating it. Diet mainly consist of the following

Breakfast - 3-5 egg whites 3 eggo waffles with some syrup, 10 oz milk

Meal 2 - 6-8oz chicken breast 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice

Meal 3 - 2 cans of chunk light tuna with 2 pieces of toast

Meal 4 - either chicken as mentioned above or 1/2 lbs of ground beef or turkey. Sometimes 1/2 lb of ribeye with a sweet potato.

Meal 5 - scoop of whey, 12 oz milf, bananna

water will all meals not including milk.

12 oz of milf, eh? ;)

Good. I'm glad you cut that out.

Have you noticed a difference since you've cut it out? You can add fruit in if you wish. (I have to cut mine out. it's getting me too fatty)

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
MyFoodData:

Top 10 Foods Highest in Protein
Top 10 Healthy High Fat Foods
Top 10 Foods Highest in Zinc
Top 10 Fruits Highest in Magnesium

I try to do low glycemic carbs whenever possible. Doing keto...sort of! :p

Carbs I eat: potatoes, sprouted pasta/rice, steel cut oats

Tuna is high in protein and vitamin D. Oysters are high in zinc.

I limit my seafood to once or twice per week because of mercury.

I mostly eat salmon as far as fish.

Beet Root Juice = Big Poppa Pump

Celery - Luteolin to lower estrogen, apigenin increases testosterone.

Epicatechin (myostatin inhibitor - you want this) - creatine, leucine, green tea, dark chocolate, raw cocoa powder, blackberries, pomegranates, broad beans

Magnesium - Spinach, peanuts, etc.

Pomegranate - Boosts testosterone. Lowers estrogen.

Protein - game meats (deer), lamb, beef, pork, chicken, fish, and eggs. Deer is like ambrosia for weightlifters.

Selenium - aromatase inhibitor.

White Button Mushrooms - Boosts testosterone. Lowers estrogen.

Zinc - Boosts testosterone. Lowers estrogen.

Recommend watching this documentary: Fat Fiction

Last edited:

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Weekly weigh in after waking up and morning piss...176.4. Probably my worse week of meal prepping yet and I started actually working out and doing the stronglifts program this week.

Food intake is what was posted above, but pretty sure the tuna and bread isn’t enough to consider it as a full meal, so might need to go back to having an actual meal and eat the tuna and bread as a snack maybe.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Weekly update...after waking up and the morning piss weighed in at 178.4. Noticing a little difference, oro malt thanks to 2 weeks in of lifting now.

Also found out yesterday that I can get a bar and 300lbs of weights for free. Had forgotten that my mom had a gym that she ran back in MS and a woman trained clients. It’s been closed for over a year, but she still has 600lbs in weights and two bars with a weight tree so I’m gonna snatch it up. 300 for myself and help her sell the other 300 as I doubt I’m gonna be needing that much weight anytime soon.

Reactions: CJ

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Keep all 600 lbs. You'll wish that you did.

Probably not a bad idea. Just thought I’d help her get some money back since I’m getting all this stuff for free. She also has a lat pull down machine I think, but no way I’d be able to transport that thing back. I think I’m gonna get the Rep Fitness 400 rack and get the lat attachment to go with it. That and a bench and I’ll be ready to go.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Probably not a bad idea. Just thought I’d help her get some money back since I’m getting all this stuff for free.

You could just give her a few $$$ ya cheap bastard!!! :32 (18):

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Weekly weigh in this miring morning of 179.2 after waking up and taking a leak. Happy to keep seeing an increase, maybe tomorrow I can order my rack and get started with my home gym set up.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Photo update.
This was last weekend. 2 weeks of fully training and about 2 months of eating rights. Gaining weight but still see no increase except in waist size. Hopefully soon I pack on some muscle to chest and arms.

8E248F08-618E-487E-BF8B-0712FB93B3FD.jpg

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
... Gaining weight but still see no increase except in waist size...

That's not good bud. You need to step back and reassess what you're doing before it gets out of hand.

Reactions: Jin

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
That's not good bud. You need to step back and reassess what you're doing before it gets out of hand.

I mean I’m not saying I’ve went from a 33 waist to like a size 40. I just bumped up pants to a size 34. Not sure if has to do with weight gain or wife who loves to dry clothes on high heat. I also can can my shirts are getting smaller in the chest area with size medium so I’m gonna need to step up to a L. Either way, I’m gonna contact defy medical in the next couple weeks to see about the TRT.

Todays weigh in after taking a leak as I always do...180.4

The diet is pretty much the same thing every day.

Meal 1 - 4 boiled eggs/3 eggo waffles/10-12 milk
Meal 2 - 6-8oz chicken breast/ 1.5 cups jasmine rice
Meal 3 - 2 cans or packs of tuna/2 slices of wheat bread
Meal 4 - 8oz ground beef or turkey/1.5 cups jasmine rice
Meal 5 - scoop of whey/1/2 cup rolled oats/12oz milk

This gets me to around 3100+ calories with 270g or so carbs, 220g of protein and 120g or so of fat.

With the workout I have stuck with the stronglifts 5*5 and have basically increased weight as they say with no issues. Heading into week 4 of the program.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Photo update.
This was last weekend. 2 weeks of fully training and about 2 months of eating rights. Gaining weight but still see no increase except in waist size. Hopefully soon I pack on some muscle to chest and arms.

View attachment 10071

You probably are gaining muscle. Just take some measurements. That will help you track progress and see results.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated. Weighed in this morning at 183.0. The last month I lived out of a hotel and survived on eggs and waffles from Waffle House, chicken from chic fil a or Popeyes and red meat from outback or Logan’s. Time to get back to work and eat properly.

Reaction score
Are you traveling for work or something? Have you been able to lift during all this?