Jedi’s Log

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Going to be posting everything in this one section from now on. Food eaten, workout done, etc...Hope you all continue to support and give advice here. After reading the bulking thread won’t be doing any macros for right now will just concentrate on eating good quality food, probably 4 meals a day aiming at as many calories as I can. Maybe posting here will keep me with some sort of accountability.

4/20/2020
Breakfast
4 hardboiled eggs
1 piece of whole grain toast with strawberry jam
8oz white milk

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
For now and for what you need at this point, focus on just tracking your protein. My opinion, you need about 175 grams of protein at this point. I would like to see ya continue to eat but eat smart. And get that "Bulk" word out of your head. Last thing you want is to bulk up and then cut only to find out you're left with some belly fat and skin that will not go away.

Protein from food is the best but maybe consider a shake in the morning. Even with 30g, you're starting the day out on a good foot. Now let's see that training!

Sicwun88

Reaction score
30g of protein shake 1st thing in the morning, then small portion healthy meals every 3 hrs the rest of the day!

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Meals for the day. No workout as the gym I was relying on was closed. Might have to do push-ups, sit ups, and squats and curls with a 15lb kettle bell from here on out until places open back up.

11:00am
4 hardboiled egg
1 piece of wheat toast with strawberry jam
8oz whole milk

3:30pm
Grilled chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
10oz water

7:30 pm
1 grilled chicken breast
1 pack uncle bend 90 second brown rice
10oz water

11:00pm
1/2 pint Ben and Jerry’s milk and cookies

Clearly not enough food, but best I’ve ate in a long time. Also, what about fruits, any chance I can throw some bananas or apples in here. Back when I would eat better I trained with a CrossFit guy and he regularly ate apples and some sort of nuts.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Damn, just put all that info myfitness pal, said I need to eat roughly 3300 calories. Put my food in for the day and said I fell 1300 calories short and would lost 10lbs in the next 5 weeks.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
First and last meal are 11am and 11pm, what time are you sleeping and going to bed? You can certainly get in a shake either first thing in morning or before bed if you are too busy at those times for a proper meal. Whey, fruits, oatmeal, peanut butter, healthy oils etc blend then slam.

beyond that, if you are serious about your goals you stated before in intro and you still insist on having something like ice cream for meal 4 atleast get a protein source in with/ before it.

For more calories get some healthy fats in with meal 2 and 3 or switch chicken out for something like beef. Ex of healthy fats things like avacados, or oils like extra Virgin olive, macadamia, or avacado oil.

also fruits are great. Get them in. Could add some to meal 1 as you could use some more carbs with that meal.
do you struggle with getting the food in? Brown rice can be harder to digest, I always use white rice as I’m hungrier sooner so I can eat more. I could never get my carbs in eating brown rice.

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Don't forget your veggies!!!

And don't go by the MFP calorie needs calculator. You ready used another calculator, and it spit out a reasonable starting point. Use that and assess what's happening after a few weeks, and adjust accordingly, if necessary.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
First and last meal are 11am and 11pm, what time are you sleeping and going to bed? You can certainly get in a shake either first thing in morning or before bed if you are too busy at those times for a proper meal. Whey, fruits, oatmeal, peanut butter, healthy oils etc blend then slam.

beyond that, if you are serious about your goals you stated before in intro and you still insist on having something like ice cream for meal 4 atleast get a protein source in with/ before it.

For more calories get some healthy fats in with meal 2 and 3 or switch chicken out for something like beef. Ex of healthy fats things like avacados, or oils like extra Virgin olive, macadamia, or avacado oil.

also fruits are great. Get them in. Could add some to meal 1 as you could use some more carbs with that meal.
do you struggle with getting the food in? Brown rice can be harder to digest, I always use white rice as I’m hungrier sooner so I can eat more. I could never get my carbs in eating brown rice.

Yeah man I think that’s why my T might be off. I’m off all week and work a week with the Covid stuff. This is my off week so slept in. Thanks for all the input. Gonna try and do better today.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Chicken thighs are a hell of a lot more delicious then chicken breast and more calories. I switch most breast for thigh when bulking. I tend to recommend it over breast to people that are newer to bodybuilding and setting up a good diet as I find people can manage to stick to a diet with thigh in it better then chicken breast.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Chicken thighs are a hell of a lot more delicious then chicken breast and more calories. I switch most breast for thigh when bulking. I tend to recommend it over breast to people that are newer to bodybuilding and setting up a good diet as I find people can manage to stick to a diet with thigh in it better then chicken breast.

i don’t necessarily mind the chicken breast. But if thighs how you recommend eating them? And just some from wal mart that are in the cooler area? Know nothing except from thighs from KFC

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
If you don’t mind them then by all means stick to them, thighs are just a lot more tender, juicy, and flavorful. You can cook thighs just like chicken breast, personally I’m a fan of cooking them covered in taco seasoning or hot sauce. But yeah should have packs of them near the chicken breast, go for the boneless skinless ones.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Hell yeah, thighs are awesome! Wrap them in bacon, or use a seasoning rub on them, throw 'em in the oven.

Or crock pot, toss in a bunch of boneless thighs, add some Mexican seasoning and peppers, tomatoes, and onions. Put it in a tortilla with rice and cheese. :32 (16):

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
And while I do want to gain, I do have this gut also.
AEDC5DDD-E0BA-4C50-9875-E9BEF6EC6D4D.jpg

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You never answered me, are those llamas on your wall?!?

What are those colorful fluffy thingies?!?

I need answers!!!

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
You never answered me, are those llamas on your wall?!?

What are those colorful fluffy thingies?!?

I need answers!!!

kids bathroom, yes llamas. Those fluffy things are just some crap on a string for like a party decoration that my wife decided to hang in there after my daughters birthday.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
41E02B84-19F4-4607-82BD-49D043007AF7.jpg

basically the same meal plan as yesterday except a big chef salad from Jason’s deli that boosted calories but killed how much fat I ate.

New Threads