Weighing meat raw or cooked?

Reaction score
Hey guys so obviously when you weigh meat of any kind you can weigh out 6oz raw and when you cook it, it can end up going down to like 4oz or less because the water comes out of it and everything like that.

i track my calories on MFP but was wondering for chicken, ground turkey do you guys track 6oz of chicken and weigh it raw or cooked to get 6oz for example?

thanks

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I really admire anyone who can do that every meal and count everything...Good job

Reaction score
I really admire anyone who can do that every meal and count everything...Good job

I mean I can eat the same shit everyday and I’m ballin on a budget for my bulk so chicken and rice eggs and potatoes shit like that is good for me lol

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I mean I can eat the same shit everyday and I’m ballin on a budget for my bulk so chicken and rice eggs and potatoes shit like that is good for me lol
I always ate the same meals for years.I just was never able to weigh or count cals ..I admire those that have the patience for it

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
never used mfp, but you are overthinking. do watever is easiest. if you weigh cooked search and log cooked chicken. if you meausre raw search and log raw chicken

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I always ate the same meals for years.I just was never able to weigh or count cals ..I admire those that have the patience for it

you are grossly over estimating how hard it is to take your container of chicken, put it on a scale, 0 it, and remove however many grams/ounces of chicken you need and then cook/ warm. or for rice, pouring it in bowl while its on scale instead of counter and paying attention to screen instead of eyeballing.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you are grossly over estimating how hard it is to take your container of chicken, put it on a scale, 0 it, and remove however many grams/ounces of chicken you need and then cook/ warm. or for rice, pouring it in bowl while its on scale instead of counter and paying attention to screen instead of eyeballing.
I guess I was lazy with it..I always eye balled it and just ate as much as i could every 2 hours ..Im sure it would have benefited me if i did it the way u say

chandy

Reaction score

I'm right there with u bundy. i pretty much eye it out. weather i hit or miss b a couple hundred a week doesn't really bother me. still in good shape and i'm not competing.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you weigh then cook in a batch, then you don't need to make each meal be 100% accurate.

For example, if you cooked 24 ounces of steak and 300g of rice, and you eyeball 3 pretty close but not equal portions out, each meal averages out to 8 ounces of steak and 100g of rice. Who cares if it's really 7.5oz/8.2oz/8.3oz and 108g/95g/97g.

German89

Elite
Reaction score

LMFAO

First... When I cook rice. I cook my weeks worth. Right now it's 70g a day. I'll round it up to 500g of rice, un cooked. then cook. re weigh, divide it by 7 and baggie it.

And. EVERYONE knows we weigh meat RAW! lets not get into this.

Reactions: CJ

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I never weigh my food,
Till after it's digested!��

New Threads