Dog injured

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
My dog started limping a month back, got a bit better after we kept her in a bit, she was always running around doing 'zoomies".
Then got very bad, her lyme kicked right in (found out she had it when we rescued her, but it was dormant at the time), shut down her joints and ruined her kidneys in 2-weeks, we just had to put her down, only 6 years old... Sadness extreme, good luck w/ yours...

Attachments

• olly-weights.jpg
    olly-weights.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Yesterday was the surgery. We had the TTA procedure done on her and the Doc said she did well. It's now on us to PT her and keep the other dogs away from her. 8 weeks of no stairs and no running.

Thanks for every ones posts!

Good to hear Snake!
You probably know this but make sure to keep up her meds otherwise she'll be in a lot of pain, or a lot more pain I should say. She may not even want to eat or take the pills because of the meds its a catch 22....my dog would eat anything in sight but when she was healing and on the meds not even steak would help....the only thing I found was cheesy roll ups from taco bell!!

Please keep this thread updated on her recovery.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Glad your friend is doing better. These guys become family so fast.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Good to hear Snake!
You probably know this but make sure to keep up her meds otherwise she'll be in a lot of pain, or a lot more pain I should say. She may not even want to eat or take the pills because of the meds its a catch 22....my dog would eat anything in sight but when she was healing and on the meds not even steak would help....the only thing I found was cheesy roll ups from taco bell!!

Please keep this thread updated on her recovery.

The meds are a joke. 2 antibiotics, 1 pain killer and 1 anti-inflammatory. Meat is the trick with her. She catches so you throw her one good one, then one with the meds and make sure she sees the 3rd one so the med one gets swallowed before she knows there's a pill in it.

She's been out like a light all day.

Reactions: CJ

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Here's what it looks like. Obviously a vet is no cosmetic surgeon when it comes to closing.

rnO4yqM.jpg

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's what it looks like. Obviously a vet is no cosmetic surgeon when it comes to closing.

rnO4yqM.jpg

Sorry brother, your dreams of first in show might be over, but still worth it.

New Threads