Protein pills?

DeplorableCracker

Reaction score
So yeah, curious on your guys thoughts on like Humapro’s protein pills for additional protein as opposed to powder/shakes/bars etc. I get the bulk of it through food obviously, but additional through my waters and shakes but i ****in hate em. I know it’s annoying that you have to swallow handfuls throughout the day, but I’m alwsys drinking water anyways. It’s probably schmarketing bullshit, but they claim it’s absorbed better as well. Thoughts?

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the stuff so take this for what it is worth. But I read the label and it says one serving is 5 pills. Each serving has 5 grams of protein (I think). So you would have to take 30 pills to get 30 grams of protein??? Am I reading the label right?

DeplorableCracker

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the stuff so take this for what it is worth. But I read the label and it says one serving is 5 pills. Each serving has 5 grams of protein (I think). So you would have to take 30 pills to get 30 grams of protein??? Am I reading the label right?

hahaha, yeah i thought it was like 2 grams a pill but nevertheless sounds crazy, but I’d rather just down ten pills three times a day with my water than mess around with making shakes/cleaning blender etc. i get around my bodyweight everyday with just food, but try to add another 60 or so with my waters/possibly these pills.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a completely unnecessary (and probably expensive) solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

If you're already eating 1g of protein per lb. of bodyweight, then you're good to go.

Don't buy those very stupid pills.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
It's actually just amino acids not protien

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Nothing more than marketing hype and some people will fall victim to it. Just eat meat; ie. fish, chicken, pork, steak, etc... Get your protein from different sources and EAT. If you want to grow... EAT.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Let's say I ignored the good "eat food" advice. Also, I didn't read the supplement label or anything, but I'll assume it's protein and not aminos like humapro usually markets.

All that said....if you just want 10 grams here and there, you could probably just eat 10 grams of protein powder on a spoon in a single bite. Its such a small amount that it's really not even a tablespoon full.

Not being a jerk or anything, just trying to help you optimize. I like protein powders. They have their place... specifically post workout.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Keep it simple....
EAT MORE FOOD!
chicken,beef,fish,pork!!!!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

So 200 pills to get 200 grams = 800 calories
Omega 3 200 pills 200 grams =1800 calories
Yet to be invented complex carb pills = x calories

Holy sh$t! I think we just found a cheap way to ship nutrition to 3rd world countries. You’re welcome sally struthers. We just solved world hunger!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Let's say I ignored the good "eat food" advice. Also, I didn't read the supplement label or anything, but I'll assume it's protein and not aminos like humapro usually markets.

All that said....if you just want 10 grams here and there, you could probably just eat 10 grams of protein powder on a spoon in a single bite. Its such a small amount that it's really not even a tablespoon full.

Not being a jerk or anything, just trying to help you optimize. I like protein powders. They have their place... specifically post workout.

Think what they're selling us is that with 25 grams of protein powder, maybe 5 grams of protein is actually absorbed with the other 20 grams being excreted. Their claim, not that I believe it at all, is that with their blend of aminos ye get full absorbtion at 5 grams per serving.

I think its bollocks.

DeplorableCracker

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I’ll just stick to what I’m doing now then as it doesn’t sound much different than the bcaa powder I’m already taking as well. Just sick of cleaning this blender multiple times a day...lol

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I’ll just stick to what I’m doing now then as it doesn’t sound much different than the bcaa powder I’m already taking as well. Just sick of cleaning this blender multiple times a day...lol

Use a shaker and just was it out.

Re. your post. How is something in a cap going to absorb quicker than a powder? It's not, the caps need to be broken down. Now that happens quickly but it doesn't make it faster than powder.

Whole foods plus protein powder as a supplement is the way to go. Completely different topic but don't confuse breakdown, absorption and use. They are all different.

Boytoy

Elite
Reaction score
This generation is obsessed with eating pills. Sad

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This generation is obsessed with eating pills. Sad
Yes but learning to operate a shaker bottle requires an advanced degree in mechanical engineering. Who among us can claim to have the time and know-how to operate one of those crazy contraptions?

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes but learning to operate a shaker bottle requires an advanced degree in mechanical engineering. Who among us can claim to have the time and know-how to operate one of those crazy contraptions?

There was a spring in mine. I immediately panicked and ran into traffic. I could've been killed.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha this reminds of the beef liver pills from back in the 70s and early 80s. Guys would suck them down by the handful. Umm..I was just a little toddler but.. umm... I remember it being popular with the iron heads back then. You don't need that today. They didn't really need it then either

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha this reminds of the beef liver pills from back in the 70s and early 80s. Guys would suck them down by the handful. Umm..I was just a little toddler but.. umm... I remember it being popular with the iron heads back then. You don't need that today. They didn't really need it then either

Mate, I remember those bastards! Thick as horse pills! "Dessicated Liver Tabs" - and they smelled absolutely wretched also! Good days!