I got two female hormone panels done with wildly differing results...

loafie

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Ive posted here before, back in early 2019 when I was doing research and preparing to get on my first ever cycle (test e 500mg) and so I got my pre-cycle bloods done, but right before I was about to start I tore my acl so I decided to put it off until I fully recovered.

Fast forward to April 2020, and Ive gotten prepared to start my cycle and decided to get another pre-cycle blood just to have one thats more recent.

My results in terms of test and E2 were wildly different between the two tests, which I dont think makes sense to have that large of a fluctuation.
(There has been NO CHANGE to my health or lifestyle habits from 2019 to 2020).

(It should also be noted that the bloods in 2019 was from LabCorp and the bloods in 2020 was from Quest Diagnostics, even though both tests were ordered from PrivateMDLabs)

Although most of the markers are the same between the two labs, its concerning to me that my test was measured at 581 ng/dL and E2 was measured at 21.3 pg/mL by LabCorp in Jan 2019, while my test was measured at 1048 ng/dL and E2 was measured at 59 pg/mL by Quest Diagnostics in April 2020.

Should I perhaps assume my true values are the average between the measured test levels and E2 levels?

I for sure know that there's no way my test is 1048 ng/dL and Im also definitely not having symptoms of high E2 (which the Quest Diagnostics bloods show for both of those values).

This is very frustrating because I was planning on starting my cycle on May 1st, but now with these results I dont have the confidence that I have an accurate "snapshot" of my pre-cycle bloods to base my mid-cycle and post cycle bloods off of...

LABCORP bloods (January 2019): https://imgur.com/gYzdUNQ
QUEST DIAGNOSTICS bloods (April 2020): https://imgur.com/UFiipC6
https://imgur.com/2Dhs13l

Last edited by a moderator:

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont have a concrete answer for you. Your E2 of 59 is absolutely nothing to be worried about. Your test could be a simple matter of when you took the test during the day, though the fluctuation is large. It honestly reads as though you already took a test injection other than LH and FSH are normal

I'm more concerned about your hematocrit and bilirubin on both tests. What altitude do you live at?

loafie

Reaction score
I dont have a concrete answer for you. Your E2 of 59 is absolutely nothing to be worried about. Your test could be a simple matter of when you took the test during the day, though the fluctuation is large. It honestly reads as though you already took a test injection other than LH and FSH are normal

I'm more concerned about your hematocrit and bilirubin on both tests. What altitude do you live at?

I live in Sacramento so it cant be anything altitude related.

Could it be that since I run about 5 miles a week I have higher RBC count??

I was considering donating blood before my cycle to lower my hematocrit, but I dont think I have enough time to donate and then be replenished before May 1st

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I live in Sacramento so it cant be anything altitude related.

Could it be that since I run about 5 miles a week I have higher RBC count??

I was considering donating blood before my cycle to lower my hematocrit, but I dont think I have enough time to donate and then be replenished before May 1st

It wouldn't be the running. Athletes, especially endurance, tend to have lower than average hematocrit levels. Yes, you could donate blood but I dont recommend it. Studies are showing that people who donate blood regularly may (emphasis on may) actually end up with even higher levels than before. It could be because of iron levels.

My recommendation, for what it's worth, would be to put the cycle on hold and start taking 2000mg or so of IP6 (Swanson or Jarrow brands) before bed. I would do that for about 4 weeks or so, then retest.

Being a runner could explain the testosterone levels too. For your next test dont exercise at all for 2-3 days prior.

New Threads