Possible meat shortage?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I am not above eating a human. Especially if they buy all of the meat. I don't like veggies but I get it from beef. Guess I could get my beef from human if need be.:32 (19):

Blacktail

Reaction score
I work in the industry and there is no meat shortage. Plenty of animals, the plants that process them have staffing issues due to the virus

testnoob

Reaction score
It sucks, it's so hard to find chicken beasts right now

jpreston250300

Reaction score
Problem with shooting them now - its birthing season for elk / deer. You could get one that’s not to great to gut.

Wait a month,

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Problem with shooting them now - its birthing season for elk / deer. You could get one that’s not to great to gut.

Wait a month,

elk fetus stew. Just sayin.

Reactions: CJ

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Killing a wet female ungulate is probably not a good option, but we are no where near apocalyptical guidelines yet. There are enough cattle running around in the hills, my few, and others around here to satisfy my beef habit.

So1970

Reaction score
I don't really have any moral issues with killing animals as long as it is done mercifully and in a way that the animal experiences as little pain as possible.

I cook crawfish live but I never hear them scream.

Blacktail

Reaction score
Again not meat shortages! Production problem.

Reactions: IHI

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
No shortage where I am, only time it got low was in the beginning from hoarders.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
See Minnesota in an area, bringing in large wood chippers to minch up the excesse hog bodies they can’t do anything with due to processing plants being how they are and farmers not investing more into a losing investment. Locally selling 2-300lb hogs for $50, which is sad for farmers:( great for public if they have freezer space and ability to process them because lockers so overwhelmed currently it’s weeks to get anything in there for processing.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
See Minnesota in an area, bringing in large wood chippers to minch up the excesse hog bodies they can’t do anything with due to processing plants being how they are and farmers not investing more into a losing investment. Locally selling 2-300lb hogs for $50, which is sad for farmers:( great for public if they have freezer space and ability to process them because lockers so overwhelmed currently it’s weeks to get anything in there for processing.

Man, I hope lots of people take advantage and get themselves a whole animal.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Man, I hope lots of people take advantage and get themselves a whole animal.

youd think/hope- honest reality is 95% of folks can’t process their own meat from a whole animal, and have no way of storing a full gutted hog until locker spot becomes open to intake theirs.

coming off deer season, most guys that can utilize this opportunity already have a chest or two full of deer meat and filling in voids with bags of fish fillets since the bite has just been on fire lately.

reminds me of 2009? When swine flu was going wild, brother in law drove for a rendering works company that picked up dead livestock from farms, they were busting their asses picking up deemed unsellable livestock the farmers put down vs vesting another penny in because they’d lost so much $$$ per hog at that point

Reactions: Jin