Bone Broth..legit it just a fad

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
edit: legit or just a fad...damn auto correct

I decided to get some bone broth and give it a try, I have been hearing about the multiple health benefits of it for the past year. Just curious what the members think. Is is just another fad or is it legit.

also feel free to share ideas how to consume it.
I see all the fancy soup recipes and stuff ...I don’t cook besides meat, rice, veggies and potatoes lol that’s all I know

Last edited:

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bone Marrow is a favorite among Asians and offered at some high end restaurants

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Supposed to be very nutritional!

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Same here whenever I remember to buy it.

Same here, but I make beef/rice meals for lunch and add more beef bone broth before I microwave the meals.

It seems to tenderize reheated steak better, and adds great flavor to rice and ground beef.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
i never really considered health benefits with it. I will use it instead of water as well when i cook rice in phases when im pushing protein/calories high and am struggling with appetite.. 1 cup is an extra 9 grams of protein.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Bone broth is delicious. Dan makes a mean jasmine rice, ground beef and bone broth dish.

Unobtainable in Japan unless you make your own:(

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
i never really considered health benefits with it. I will use it instead of water as well when i cook rice in phases when im pushing protein/calories high and am struggling with appetite.. 1 cup is an extra 9 grams of protein.

the one I got shows 8 ounces as 50 calories and 12 grams of protein. Not too bad

supposed to be good for joint health and sleep. Some even say fat loss I’m assuming because of the protein and it being a warm liquid if you drink it can help satiate you while on a diet more so than a glass of water or whatever.

Last edited:

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
No idea how legit but i eat the shit out of it just because i like how it taste. Especially in the winter months.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
edit: legit or just a fad...damn auto correct

I decided to get some bone broth and give it a try, I have been hearing about the multiple health benefits of it for the past year. Just curious what the members think. Is is just another fad or is it legit.

also feel free to share ideas how to consume it.
I see all the fancy soup recipes and stuff ...I don’t cook besides meat, rice, veggies and potatoes lol that’s all I know
If bone broth is made properly, it is full of collagen, antioxidants, minerals, etc. If your bone broth turns to jello when cooled off, you did it right.
It is very good for you especially for joints, skin, digestion, and recovery.
I've made my own bone broth for years and it doesn't have to be fancy. Once made, the flavors are so intense, it is great to cook rice and chicken with, steam veggies for extra flavor. Use it as juice to pour over other meats. Or drink it like a cup of soup.

It is amazing for people with gut issues, inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, etc. Improves your skin, hair, nails, joint pain, mobility,... I could go on. Lol

New Threads