Would you consider me skinny-fat, average, skinny? (Pictures Included)

Reaction score
One day i was at a lake pool party thing and my friend randomly wrapped his hands around my waist, and jiggled my belly and said "i told you to bring your abs today, not a whatever this is". He was joking but it made me feel so fat, even though i'm pretty thin.

A couple days ago friend and i were playing one on one basketball. I was always good at the sport when i was younger so i still had my skill, I just didnt have the athleticism to play for more than 15 minutes. I won the game after dragging myself and only shooting 3's to avoid running because i knew i couldn't handle it, and when it was his turn to score he'd easily out run me, or out jump me. After the game he asked if I was tired, i responded it was hot. So he took his shirt off and told me to do the same so we can play another game. I took my shirt off and revealed my belly and he started laughing and said i was so skinny but like fat at the same time

I never really workout or exercise, but i still remain thin. I usually eat anything i want, but i never have a big appetite. I'm 6'2'' and ~170 lbs. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with my body and doing things to improve but ppl always seem shocked to see that i have a soft belly. I believe i'm currently skinny going on skinny fat, comment what you think i am.

Blacktail

Reaction score
I would say skinny fat. I looked just like you before I got into it. How tall are you?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Your friends are dicks!

To answer your question, yes you're tipping the skinny-fat scale slightly. That can be fixed though, will take some time. If you want in, let me know but it's no summer fix.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're just an average dude. And thats normal. I see nothing wrong here as long as your health is gtg

Blacktail

Reaction score
You are exactly the same way I was! I’m also 6’2”. You have a good foundation but being long it will take more time and a shit load of hard work. But let me tell you it’s worth every ounce of pain. I went to my class reunion last year and people could not believe how big I am! It’s totally worth the effort!

chandy

Reaction score
you are getting to that skinny fat but about 28-30% BF is avg for men in the US. so u can google and look up BF % and u can see where u are at in comparison.

i will say this. not trying to put u down. but i was the same way when i was younger i was very athletic but i was a lil chubby. fat boy DE and right gaurd for football. and even thought i really wasn't fat especially not for a lineman i did have fat and some love handles. and if people said something it would bother me to. if you were really happy with how you are then them saying anything wouldn't bother you in the least bit. just something to think about

and if being on here or ur friends saying some shit gives u that motivation to workout ask anyone on here for help! everyone is willing to as long as u listen

jpreston250300

Reaction score
If it was me, I would start working out and eating clean high protien meals.

You get too old and fat - it takes serious effort.

Not saying this would be easy by any means.....

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
What is it with newbs coming here posting pics of there "less than muscular" bodies and seeking opinions of if they look like bad?

You have belly fat and little muscular attributes and by that, I mean that you don't look fit at all.

This is a forum about weightlifting and the likes. If you want to post about working out or questions on that lifestyle, great. If not, I don't see a purpose for emo, do I look ugly post here.

You look like the average beta male and that is ok. I wouldn't make fun of your body because you are average. I would make fun of you for attention whoring though.

Are you looking to start working out or just to post pics of yourself in hopes to meet a boyfriend?

andy

Elite
Reaction score
i'd say so yes- honest answer.
but for avarage dude it's not such a big of a deal

New Threads